New Cabinet sworn in

Lite Beer

New Cabinet sworn in

BANGKOK: -- His Majesty the King granted an audience to the Cabinet of Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha at the Siriraj Hospital at 6:03 pm Thursday when the new ministers were sworn in.

Prayuth led his Cabinet members to have an audience with the King at the auditorium room on the 14th floor of the hospital.

Following the oath-taking ceremony, the new Cabinet can now perform its duty.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/New-Cabinet-sworn-in-30242586.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-04

In leading the oath taking, Gen Prayuth declared

“I, Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, swear allegiance to HM the King and will do my utmost to serve the Kingdom and its people with honesty and sincerity. I also hereby swear to uphold and protect the Thai Constitution.” (my bold emphasis)

Pics from "PM Prayuth leads cabinet to pledge oath of allegiance to King," Thai PBS,

September 4, 2014.

post-171049-0-39189700-1409886008_thumb.

post-171049-0-28063100-1409886023_thumb.

In leading the oath taking, Gen Prayuth declared

“I, Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, swear allegiance to HM the King and will do my utmost to serve the Kingdom and its people with honesty and sincerity. I also hereby swear to uphold and protect the Thai Constitution.” (my bold emphasis)

Pics from "PM Prayuth leads cabinet to pledge oath of allegiance to King," Thai PBS,

September 4, 2014.

How does one "uphold and protect" something as, evidently, malleable as the Thai constitution. Every group that assumes power, either legitimately or via military coup, changes it to accomplish their own ends.

Ah, now we can get back to the 'business' of government. So many deals need cabinet approval.

And the witchdoctor's?

http://rt.com/news/185420-thai-pm-black-magic/

The daily added that Gen. Prayuth made light of the black magic he alleges is being used against him:

If you took him seriously, you need to look around; for it seems you've lost your sense of humor.

Edited by rametindallas

Ah, now we can get back to the 'business' of government. So many deals need cabinet approval.

And the witchdoctor's?

The daily added that Gen. Prayuth made light of the black magic he alleges is being used against him:

If you took him seriously, you need to look around; for it seems you've lost your sense of humor.

Then why would he bring up such a ridiculous subject? And yes, I have lost my sense of humour, I find nothing funny about dictators.

• Like 1

And the witchdoctor's?

Then why would he bring up such a ridiculous subject? And yes, I have lost my sense of humour, I find nothing funny about dictators.

Not that it's any of your business, but a lot of my friends and associates get contracts with whichever government is in power. A cabinet is necessary to carry out the 'business' of government. Surely, you're not that ignorant. A lot of business in Thailand has been on hold since Ms. Yingluck Thaksin stupidly/selfishly decided to dissolve the Parliament. By every metric Thailand is more happy, peaceful and productive since General Prayuth got rid of that criminal conspiracy, headed by Thaksin, that was masquerading as a government for the people. It is early days, yet, and the new government has already done more for the people than the Democrats and all the Thaksin puppet governments combined. I'll take a benevolent dictator over the kleptocracy of the Shinawatra clan every time.

KLEPTOCRACY: government by those who seek chiefly status and personal gain at the expense of the governed

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kleptocracy

p.s. you strike me as someone who never had much of a sense of humor in the first place.

Bitter, much?

I watched the ceremony on telly. His Majesty the King looked alert but his face looks pained. It can't be enjoyable for him to do public appearances.

I think the constitution doesn't allow it otherwise H.M. might have asked the Crown Prince to represent him.

Note although recently recovered H. M. the King is far from well. H.M. takes his duties very serious though.wai2.gif