NACC: The case against former prime minister Yingluck is water tight

webfact

NACC: The case against former prime minister Yingluck is water tight

4-29-2014-9-41-47-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The criminal case regarding the rice pledging scheme against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is water tight and that the National Anti-Corruption Commission prepared the case properly, said NACC secretary-general Sansern Poljiak Thursday night.

However, he said it was not unusual that the Office of the Attorney-General thought otherwise and declined to indict Ms Yingluck unless the NACC came up with more evidences to support its charges against her.

The NACC charged the former prime minister of malfeasance for her negligence to stop corruption in the rice pledging scheme in accordance with Article 157 of the Criminal Code and for breaking the anti-corruption law.

Mr Sansern admitted that there had been several cases in the past that the NACC and the OAG did not see eye-to-eye with each other and a joint committee had to be set up to deliberate the case within 14 days.

Normally for important cases such as the rice pledging scandal, he said that the 14 days required to conclude the case might not be enough and the timeline had to be extended.

As for the OAG’s three-point objection regarding the case, Mr Sansern noted that the objection was just a case of differing opinions and the three points raised by the OAG could be clarified by the NACC.

For instance the first point that Ms Yingluck had the power to stop the rice pledging scheme or not, Mr Sansern said this was not a serious issue and the NACC would ask the OAG what kind of evidences they want.

As for the point that there was only one page of evidence of rice pledging corruption from Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI), the NACC secretary-general explained that, in fact, the TDRI had a bunch of research about the alleged corruption in the rice pledging scheme and the NACC only presented just one page of the reports as a sample and the OAG was welcomed to glance through them.

He insisted that the NACC prepared the case carefully and did not rush the case.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-case-former-prime-minister-yingluck-water-tight/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-05

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"For instance the first point that Ms Yingluck had the power to stop the rice pledging scheme or not, Mr Sansern said this was not a serious issue...." clap2.gifcheesy.gif

He's having a happy Friday, and a big larff, isn't he?

Edit: Thick as <deleted>!

He is attributing to her the powers of the PM, without taking into consideration the difficulty of getting her brother's permission to cancel his pet project.

I care not who he's attributing blame to; she was the PM. End of responsibility, end of the book, lies with her (lies or lays?) tongue.png

• Like 2

Of course it is.....But it is Thailand.....When Yingluck came back from the leaders birthday party it was clear that a deal was made already.

It's all part of the plan for reconciliation by the temporary government. Excuse one side for murder, one side for raping the country in the rice market. It will go back and forth until all is wiped clean and new elections will be held.

• Like 1

"For instance the first point that Ms Yingluck had the power to stop the rice pledging scheme or not, Mr Sansern said this was not a serious issue...." clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edit: Thick as shit!

He is attributing to her the powers of the PM, without taking into consideration the difficulty of getting her brother's permission to cancel his pet project.

We all know who was pulling the strings but that's no defence, it could be used as mitigation if she has the nerve to say she was completely under her brother's control which she will never do. Even then it's weak mitigation.

She was PM, put the semantics of control aside, and spent a lot of time assuring everyone that she really was.. Other suggested defences that she didn't know what was going on because she never attended meetings, never asked for reports and no one ever briefed her only digs the hole even deeper.

• Like 2

Does this mean it is IP65 or above,or Thai equivilent to IP ratings ?

Not many may know what you are talking about smile.png Most things in LOS are IP 00 though. You touched it, you´re dead, your fault, shouldn´t have touch it biggrin.png

I´m courious to see what will happen to Yingluck and all the others bloodsuckers, but I guess it will all end like always when you´re rich and famous here............

Edited by I knew this would happen
  • Like 2

Nothing like posting incomplete quotes to distort their meaning and thenaward yourself juvenile emoticons, is there?

What the man actually said was, "for instance the first point that Ms Yingluck had the power to stop the rice pledging scheme or not, Mr Sansern said this was not a serious issue and the NACC would ask the OAG what kind of evidences they want.

So no he's not "having a happy Friday, and a big larff", and, to use your eloquent expression, "thick as shit" does not apply to him. Maybe you can work out who it does apply to.

"incomplete"? It's a clear statement, with an additional request. There is no questioning that.

Eloquence works in various ways, as does growing up!

As for my juvenile emoticons, which are used by many here, maybe when you grow up you'll recognise that we all become more juvenile as we age, and even some of us revert to wearing nappies and drinking milk again, before we die. If you don't like emoticon usage, stick to DOS - not that you're old enough to remember what that was.

So, as for your retort about my expressionismus... go stick them up your jacksy!

Not many may know what you are talking about smile.png Most things in LOS are IP 00 though. You touched it, you´re dead, your fault, shouldn´t have touch it biggrin.png

I´m courious to see what will happen to Yingluck and all the others bloodsuckers, but I guess it will all end like always when you´re rich and famous here............

I try to import a little bit of subtle humour on here,but I think it goes over most of their heads.Too busy being bitchy with each other.Glad you got it.

I try to import a little bit of subtle humour on here,but I think it goes over most of their heads.Too busy being bitchy with each other.Glad you got it.

Glad it was IP65 and not UB40 ;) ....

Nothing like posting incomplete quotes to distort their meaning and thenaward yourself juvenile emoticons, is there?

What the man actually said was, "for instance the first point that Ms Yingluck had the power to stop the rice pledging scheme or not, Mr Sansern said this was not a serious issue and the NACC would ask the OAG what kind of evidences they want.

So no he's not "having a happy Friday, and a big larff", and, to use your eloquent expression, "thick as shit" does not apply to him. Maybe you can work out who it does apply to.

"incomplete"? It's a clear statement, with an additional request. There is no questioning that.

As for my juvenile emoticons, which are used by many here, maybe when you grow up you'll recognise that we all become more juvenile as we age, and even some of us revert to wearing nappies and drinking milk again, before we die. If you don't like emoticon usage, stick to DOS - not that you're old enough to remember what that was.

So, as for your retort about my expressionismus... go stick them up your jacksy!

Well, Triplebank999, methinks you touched a raw nerve there. He sounds like he is very upset at you. BTW, I wonder what reverse mental age you DO have to regress to, in order to use emoticons, insulting comments and rude words in the same posting? Perhaps the good Doctor is qualified to tell us,. I have not got there yet what ever the age is but I am so old, I can not only remember what DOS is but my first computer came with no hard drive, but 2 sets of 360k 5.25" diskettes to load either MS DOS or DR DOS. Oh, and the DR in DR DOS in that instance stood simply for Digital Research. Not every use of DR (or Dr) means Doctor.

My first company computer was a Toshiba 1100 with 1 floppy drive and 2 mB of hard drive. Oh the joy when it was upgraded to the Toshiba 1200 with 2 count them 2 floppy drives. I used Word Perfect as Windows had not been born then.

she was the pm and head of the rice scam scheme so she was definitely the one who was in the position to stop what was happening but as this is Thailand, all those with high office/money can blame all the lackies instead. If they cannot prove that the one in charge is the one responsible then there is something major wrong. Yl and the ptp continually denied their were any problems with the scam so they have to be the ones that take the fall when it is shown there was, they had full responsibility of everything that happened under their orders and openly lied about it by denying there was anything untoward happening. If they cannot get a conviction for this then we will know that envelopes or doughnut boxes were exchanged for the preferred outcome.

They may not get a conviction and if so, I doubt it will be related to what you wrote above. It is possible that the OAG is looking for clear proof of a person or company by name (regardless of who) that was specifically involved in a rice scheme corruption related transaction. IMHO, I have no doubt that the system/processes made corruption possible and there is circumstantial evidence that such was taking place. However, I haven't read where there is proof about anyone or entity specifically, although it is known that the NACC has been investigating certain individuals.

If anyone is interested, there is an excellent power point presentation that can be viewed via google called "Rice Mortgage Scheme: The Real Story." It explains how corruption could have taken place etc.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I picked it up as well and suggest you go back and read it again and if you cannot figure out what Khun Sansern was referring too was not a serious issue that being "supplying additional information" then I would suggest your eloquent reference of being as thick as .... belongs to you.