German in Samui arrested for stealing a boat the owner refused to sell him

webfact

German in Samui arrested for stealing a boat the owner refused to sell him

stolen-speed-boat.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- A 52 year old German national has been arrested on Koh Samui after stealing a boat the owner refused to sell to him.

Frank Rainer Schmith, a mechanic on the island was arrested by police officers as he was spray painting the vessel in an attempt to disguise it. stolen speed boatThe boat was found in a garage located next to the man’s house in Moo 3, Taling Ngam.

The arrest was made after a complaint was filed by Fernando Caracini, 64, who suspected Mr Schmith had taken his speed boat. Mr. Caracini led officers to the home of Mr. Schmith after making the complaint.

He told police that he had only recently purchased the 10 seat speed boat from Chon Buri and that he brought the vessel, worth 750,000 baht so he could go fishing around the island.

Mr. Schmith, a speedboat engine mechanic, later came to his home and asked to purchase the boat for 300,000 baht. Mr Caracini refused the offer and docked the boat at his home, before taking a trip to Italy with his wife.

On his return to Koh Samui he discovered that his boat had gone missing and immediately suspected the German man was responsible for the boats disappearance.

Mr. Schmith allegedly confessed to stealing the boat and said he felt very sorry for what he had done and apologized to Mr. Caracini.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-09-05

C'mon, is it siesta time? I can't continue reading this thread until I see the comments refuting the alleged offender's nationality, based on his name.

First sentence, they probably got his age from his passport and not his name.

KOH SAMUI: -- A 52 year old German national has been arrested

I know he's German but you have to admit Schmith does sound more Austrian?

G/day, put another shrimp on the barby

You know, Austria; kangaroos, good beaches . . .

Thank you Bignose. I can now resume reading this thread.

coffee1.gif

Maybe he just wanted to paint he boat and put it back

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what he try's to say in court

Maybe the judge shall laugh him out the court and then check his paint job and give him 7 years for bad taste

Edited by BigC

Maybe have sentence reduce to stupid behaviour

If the sentence is too long then maybe we would be able to complete it as maybe his vocabulary does not extend too far

Sorry found the comments here similar to a joke page

No wonder Italy switched sides during the war if war tactics were like this there was really no hope in winning

Let's face it Hitler probably killed most of his own people for disobedient then the enemy.

This is one of the cases where I could actually believer that he could stab himself in both arms and legs and it would be suicide

Guys and girls, no need to bring Hitler into this (even though he was Austrian), which brings me to the point that Austrian and Australian is slightly different, specially when it comes to beaches and barby. Schmith could be German, Austrian, Swiss, there are so many variations of that name (Schmid, Schmidt, Schmitt, Schmit), but I guess it is just spelled wrong in the article. And last but not least, no foreign language here, only English please.

Where are the moderators when you need them...... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Samui Coconut