Best place to dive this October

yud

Hello,

I have browsed the various forums and still trying to figure out the answer:

If I am planning to do some diving this October - where would be the best place to go??

I will appreciate if you could point me in the right direction, based on your experience.

Thank you all in advance,

Yud

Agreed, the diving on the Andaman side is much better than in the Gulf. If you can come after the national parks open, that would be the best. We had a banner year last year with whale shark sightings in the Similans. You could almost be guaranteed to see one. Even if you don't, the dives are phenomenal there. Closer in to Phuket, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, and King Cruiser lie within the Hin Musang protected marine sanctuary, and Phi Phi is also a national park but open year-round.

Happy diving!

Joe

Edited by Rimmer
ref to commercial email removed

Agreed, the diving on the Andaman side is much better than in the Gulf. If you can come after the national parks open, that would be the best. We had a banner year last year with whale shark sightings in the Similans. You could almost be guaranteed to see one. Even if you don't, the dives are phenomenal there. Closer in to Phuket, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, and King Cruiser lie within the Hin Musang protected marine sanctuary, and Phi Phi is also a national park but open year-round.

Happy diving!

Joe

There are also a few excellent dive spots in the gulf.....for example in Chumpon area...but there aren't many good DC (beside on Koh Tao where I haven't been yet so I can't tell anything about it).