Raining in upper Thailand not going away just yet

Lite Beer

Here you go: This map from the TMD shows the difference from average for the accumulated rainfall from Jan 1 to today:

DepRAIN1Jan050914.gif

So, the problem is not the amount of rainfall, it's the distribution of the rainfall!

How do you get - 500 mm of rain???

Is that not a drought whistling.gif

That map references departure from normal amounts, not the total amounts received.

Shows many parts haven't had their expected normal amounts but that could easily change as well all know.

Anecdotally, I heard that the rainfall in Bangkok is only half what it normally is at this time of year. Are there any websites with data to confirm or disprove that?

The Thai Met Office website does give comparisons but not sure if it will cover what you want.

Don't be too sure!! All that rain is headed to the oceans, and what doesn't go down the Mekong, is headed to Bangkok.

Anecdotally, I heard that the rainfall in Bangkok is only half what it normally is at this time of year. Are there any websites with data to confirm or disprove that?

Data , graphs , OMG what a boring life so many foreigners have in Thailand .

I live N.E. Thailand , Udon for those prolific posters , who do not venture out of doors .

I am out daily and have seen minimal traffic restrictions , due to the rainfall.

A graph of levels of regional boredom , regarding where foreigners live,,,, oops sorry chose to die in Thailand ,

would be more interesting, RIP.

wai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by elliss