Going from Phuket to Hong Kong

novis

AirAsia is your best bet. What area/district do you want to stay in? Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, airport, etc?

I`m not sure. I am going to buy some computer stuff. Maby TST is right Place. Hotelroom about US$ 150-200. If I can see the harbour would be nice.

Kowloon;

Chung King Mansion on Nathan road for accommodations. $25-100/night and free entertainment.

they also have a travelers lodge on the top floor with dorm rooms

Views of Harbor $250 an up for a room

plenty of shops nearby for all electronics

Prices are not that much cheaper than Thailand

For cameras look in any of the popular magazines ( ar at amazon .com) and than note the price in NY an ask for 5% less.

Edited by phuketrichard

I use Dragonair. Better timing. T1 check in, better than T2.

You also get a check in bag and a meal. But price is higher.

Take the Airport Express train to Kowloon. HK$90. They offer a free shuttle

bus to major hotels, but taxi to Nathan Rd won't be so expensive.

With KA, you can also use City Check In at the station and do your check in

and bag drop off well in advance of your departure. Convenient if you need

to check out of your hotel and want to do something else before your flight.

Kowloon;

Chung King Mansion on Nathan road for accommodations. $25-100/night and free entertainment.

they also have a travelers lodge on the top floor with dorm rooms

Views of Harbor $250 an up for a room

plenty of shops nearby for all electronics

Prices are not that much cheaper than Thailand

For cameras look in any of the popular magazines ( ar at amazon .com) and than note the price in NY an ask for 5% less.

You have some exp from hotel near habor?

I know the price is almost the same but it´s a special item I´m looking for. i´m not looking for cameras.

Not to get off topic, but Prudential is very kid friendly.

Thanks, not so good.

Talking about price, not kids running everywhere. I have stayed there as a single, with GF and with 2 kids. Never a problem. Don't worry, no kids running over your new suit or computer parts, which you can get in Phuket for cheaper.

Not to get off topic, but Prudential is very kid friendly.

Thanks, not so good.

Talking about price, not kids running everywhere. I have stayed there as a single, with GF and with 2 kids. Never a problem. Don't worry, no kids running over your new suit or computer parts, which you can get in Phuket for cheaper.

The special Item is not possible find in Phuket or elsewhere. I know. I have search. The shopassistens look like bird nest when I ask.

Normal I buy trough Internet from HongKong.

I live in HK. Better to be based on HK Island. Forget Kowloon. Crowded and too many ripoffs/touts etc.

Go to the Wanchai Computer center (mall) O'brien Rd above the Wanchai MTR station. Entrance next to McDonalds. You will get anything you need there. Stay at any hotel in Wanchai such as the Novotel Century http://www.novotelhongkongcentury.com/special-offer/special-offer.htm or the Wharney etc. The new boutique Hotel Indigo is nice and great location, but maybe pricey.

Do yourself a favour and fly with Dragonair or Thai instead of the other 3 or 4 crap airlines that fly this route.

Mainly due to the timing of the flights, terminals used, extras included and the 'type' of person that will be sitting next to you (unless you're a fan of Mainland Chinese with ZERO social skills).

And stay on Hong Kong Island.

I fly to Hong Kong about 4 times a month. Trust me.

I live in HK. Better to be based on HK Island. Forget Kowloon. Crowded and too many ripoffs/touts etc.

Go to the Wanchai Computer center (mall) O'brien Rd above the Wanchai MTR station. Entrance next to McDonalds. You will get anything you need there. Stay at any hotel in Wanchai such as the Novotel Century http://www.novotelhongkongcentury.com/special-offer/special-offer.htm or the Wharney etc. The new boutique Hotel Indigo is nice and great location, but maybe pricey.

Thanks.

Some tells there is a special card you can buy for travel in HK, do you know that, is it good to buy an where to buy. I stay for 3 nights.

Can I buy some phone card? good to have if my son and I come apart.

For the phone card, if you don't want to use your (home) service roaming, then of course you can (like any other country) buy a (or one each) cheap local SIM card for local calls between you and your son. There is a phone shop every 20 metres. Just go and tell them what you want (only a few days local use, pay as you go, etc) and they will sort you out.

For the travel card, it is called an "Octopus" and you can get one any major travel hub, e.g. any MTR or bus station, but if you're only here for 3 days and only bumming around HK Island looking for computer parts or basic sightseeing, then it won't really save you that much. For average journeys just get the MTR or better still a taxi. Excellent value/air conditioned and fast and polite and plentiful (unlike Phuket).

For the phone card, if you don't want to use your (home) service roaming, then of course you can (like any other country) buy a (or one each) cheap local SIM card for local calls between you and your son. There is a phone shop every 20 metres. Just go and tell them what you want (only a few days local use, pay as you go, etc) and they will sort you out.

For the travel card, it is called an "Octopus" and you can get one any major travel hub, e.g. any MTR or bus station, but if you're only here for 3 days and only bumming around HK Island looking for computer parts or basic sightseeing, then it won't really save you that much. For average journeys just get the MTR or better still a taxi. Excellent value/air conditioned and fast and polite and plentiful (unlike Phuket).

Thank you for your advice. Maby you have time answer some more q? You see I´m a old man 70+ not experienced traveler so every tips is helpful.

Do the taxi take card or do I have to pay cash?