Woman arrested in 2002 student assault case

Lite Beer

COLD CASE
Woman arrested in 2002 student assault case
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Crime Suppression Division police yesterday arrested a 28-year-old woman at her Khon Kaen home for allegedly joining six other senior students to beat up and maim a younger student in Samut Prakan province in 2002.

The arrest of Bang-on Saenglun stemmed from a September 3 complaint to the division by the victim Saifon Manoi, 26, who questioned the lack of progress in the case, arresting officer Lt-Colonel Torsak Panklinput said. The victim was left unable to walk after the incident.

Bang-on denied any wrongdoing, claiming she was at the scene but had no part in the attack. Police have charged her with assault and seriously injuring a person.

Samut Prakan's Bang Phli police investigator Major Puwanart Kaenchan said other suspects had been arrested earlier, namely Sirinant Janda on May 6 and Matthariya Sudsawat on September 4. Puwanart said both had confessed and faced assault charges.

Torsak said Saifon told police that the four suspects connected to the case had surrendered to police in 2009 and the Samut Prakan Juvenile and Family Court had ordered them to each pay compensation of between Bt20,000 and Bt30,000 to the victim and had let them off with a warning as they were first-time offenders.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Woman-arrested-in-2002-student-assault-case-30242708.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-07

Everyone should read this article and understand why you should avoid confrontation with students in this country.

They crippled some poor girl for the rest of her life and none of them spent a single day in jail for it but instead paid a tiny amount of compensation each

Juvenile and family courts in this country are an absolute and utter joke

' Justice ' is an utter joke. paying a pittance is no reason why an appropriate penalty shouldn't be imposed and proper compensation.

Wonder what the backgrounds of all concerned are, connections etc. ?

• Like 2

Victim must have been from a hi-so family. Only Thais can carry a grudge for 12 years

Logic, logic, what is logic?

I can only assume that you do not want to suggest a relation between being HiSo, Thai and carrying a grudge.

If there is some HiSo involved it might be more on the side of the wrongdoers, this being Thailand and so. No further details in the OP though.

• Like 1

I really cannot understand thai media, thais and now even foreigners using the tern HiSos.....these so called HiSos are actaully dogs who se families mostly made the monies in the past thru illicit means, corruption etc. Stop patronising these dogs by calling them hisos pleeze. There are no Hisos in thailand only rich crooks.

I really cannot understand thai media, thais and now even foreigners using the tern HiSos.....these so called HiSos are actaully dogs who se families mostly made the monies in the past thru illicit means, corruption etc. Stop patronising these dogs by calling them hisos pleeze. There are no Hisos in thailand only rich crooks.

Well that was a well-informed, accurate post, congratulations.

No mention of HiSos was made in the OP, only in your, clearly envious, imagination.

Victim must have been from a hi-so family. Only Thais can carry a grudge for 12 years

After the attack she was left unable to walk, justification for a lifelong grudge I would have thought.

Big or small, Thais hold a grudge like nobody else

This truly is an amazing country. The injured party has been trying to get justice for 12 years. Finally,probably due more to the coup and the transfer of senior police officers it is being undertaken.

Yep there could have been some dosh passed around but I find it heartening that an old crime is being serviced.

I hope all the other unsolved crimes get a similar look at.

I cannot believe that all the detectives in the police force are bent. There must be guys in the police force who are keen to close an outstanding case legitimacy. (spelling).

As others have said, her spine was injured in the attack and she was left requiring a wheelchair, unable to walk.

a3OI3Ko.jpg

Picture of 27 year-old victim Saifon Manoi,

VELoeZT.jpg

Picture of 28 year-old Bang-on Saenglun, one of the attackers.

Does Thailand have a statue of limitations for crimes like this? If so, I hope the time has not run out. All of these girls need to spend 5 to 10 in the big house. With all of the cases that I have been reading about, Thailand needs to build some new large prisons.

Edited by BillyBobThai

As others have said, her spine was injured in the attack and she was left requiring a wheelchair, unable to walk.

a3OI3Ko.jpg

Picture of 27 year-old victim Saifon Manoi,

VELoeZT.jpg

Picture of 28 year-old Bang-on Saenglun, one of the attackers.

She was 16/17 when she and a group of friends attacked and seriously assaulted a girl who was 14/15 at the time. The assault left the victim unable to walk and she has spent 12 years in a wheel chair. Life changing for one, no consequences for the other.

Hope the attackers finally receive the appropriate punishment they deserve. Not the usual 15 years commuted to 48 hours community service suspended for 2 years nonsense. Still, you can illegally drive underage and cause the death of many, plough your car into a bus stop and kill many, or kill a cop while driving pissed and get away with it.

Now, pick some wild mushrooms in a park and your away for 15 years, no messing.

Justice - another joke in Thailand, that's really not so funny. Let's see if the system gets shaken up and reformed, or not.