Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

The SNP are riding a wave caused by austerity and cut backs as is the rest of the UK albiet not as much.

UKIP recent support in the EU elections was down to the same basic reasons.

The three stooges are making a last ditch half-arsed attempt to keep the union.

IMHO it will fail and Scotland will vote separatition by stoking old fears and racial hatred very similar to Hitler in the 1930's.

The Balkanisation of the UK is nearly open us!

Vote with your brain and not with your heart.

Don't let history repeat it self....

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory image removed
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately Mr and Mrs Scot or immigrant don't understand anything about their future countries finances. For sure most will say ,"Hey, we are tough guys and gals" but the sad thing is they have not been told possible repercussions. I have read sooooo much crap from a canvasing YES guy I shake my head in disbelief, not a single word of might go wrong or negative stuff to be prepared for.

Blind leading the blind with absolutely no concrete evidence on anything........ sad.png

all hail transam! who now decides he's a financial expert.......... well I suppose there hd to be something he was good at, it doesn't seem to have shone through yet though.

is this a new idea that you have decided to latch on to or is it something you've been saying all along?.....because what it looks like to me is that you are simply spouting out the first negative things that comes into your head with little or no regard to fact or reason.

What puzzles me though is your clearly anti-Scots attitude........surely then, you'd be FOR the idea of them leaving the Union? Yet time and again you seem to be arguing for them to stay or do you care so much about Scotland that you are worried on their behalf that they are making a bad decision?.......or more plausibly, do you actually have ANY idea at all what you are talking about?

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Finally sussed why the polls have swung around since the early days.

Being asked the question - 'Have you decided which way you are voting?'

Early on, most people had not made up their mind - so they said 'No'.

Now, as most have decided what they are voting - they say 'Yes'

Simple or not?rolleyes.gif

They're Scots not Irish.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Mr and Mrs Scot or immigrant don't understand anything about their future countries finances. For sure most will say ,"Hey, we are tough guys and gals" but the sad thing is they have not been told possible repercussions. I have read sooooo much crap from a canvasing YES guy I shake my head in disbelief, not a single word of might go wrong or negative stuff to be prepared for.

Blind leading the blind with absolutely no concrete evidence on anything........ sad.png

all hail transam! who now decides he's a financial expert.......... well I suppose there hd to be something he was good at, it doesn't seem to have shone through yet though.

I am not a business man, I know nothing about finance, but I do know about sales talk, trying to convince folk to go in the salesman's direction whether it is good or bad.

I consider myself an honest bloke but salesmen have a job to do, some are good, gift of the gab, some are shit heads that their spiel is spotted a mile off by those with half a brain. Ever had a guy try to sell you a "Time Share", I have, they are good, noooo question, but some of us just know to tell them to fugg aff.....smile.png

It appears we are all in for a bumpy ride I am sure that those now advocating this course of action will not want to complain when they get considerably less baht to the pound.

Why would we complain? My pensions will continue to be paid by the FUK taxpayers in FUK Pounds (or whatever they choose to call their currency). wai2.gif

You may still receive your pension in whatever currency Scotland creates or follows( without any

control over that currency) what pitrevive is alluding to is how many Bhts will you receive for that currency. If for example you were only to receive half the amount you presently receive will you still take that attitude.

For your information the £ converted into Bahts at a rate of 76, this was only 10 yrs ago, not a blip as in 1997 with a rate of 97. Today the rate is 51, next year what? And a Scottish currency probably lower, maybe 30.

I will continue to receive my pension in FUKP, or whatever they decide to call it. I will continue to receive my salary in THB. If the exchange rate goes down to 45 or 40 (or whatever), guess which direction I'll be sending my spare cash. I'm well aware of the historical exchange rates, having experienced them from around 35 in the mid '80s through to 96 in early '98. It isn't a great issue for me, although you appear to think it should be. Your 'woe, woe and thrice woe' stance appears to stem from nothing more than bitter and twisted wishful thinking rather than any likeness to reality. Do you seriously think that folk haven't thought through how they will be affected?

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 2

The question regarding what Great Britain would be called if Scotland were to become independent, I propose "A Better Britain". whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Britannia Darussalam has a nice ring to it.

And there was one of your compatriots telling us all what a welcoming immigrant friendly place Scotland is laugh.png

• Like 1

It appears we are all in for a bumpy ride I am sure that those now advocating this course of action will not want to complain when they get considerably less baht to the pound.

Why would we complain? My pensions will continue to be paid by the FUK taxpayers in FUK Pounds (or whatever they choose to call their currency). wai2.gif

You may still receive your pension in whatever currency Scotland creates or follows( without any

control over that currency) what pitrevive is alluding to is how many Bhts will you receive for that currency. If for example you were only to receive half the amount you presently receive will you still take that attitude.

For your information the £ converted into Bahts at a rate of 76, this was only 10 yrs ago, not a blip as in 1997 with a rate of 97. Today the rate is 51, next year what? And a Scottish currency probably lower, maybe 30.

I will continue to receive my pension in FUKP, or whatever they decide to call it. I will continue to receive my salary in THB. If the exchange rate goes down to 45 or 40 (or whatever), guess which direction I'll be sending my spare cash. I'm well aware of the historical exchange rates, having experienced them from around 35 in the mid '80s through to 96 in early '98. It isn't a great issue for me, although you appear to think it should be. Your 'woe, woe and thrice woe' stance appears to stem from nothing more than bitter and twisted wishful thinking rather than any likeness to reality. Do you seriously think that folk haven't thought through how they will be affected?

In scotlands case,no

The question regarding what Great Britain would be called if Scotland were to become independent, I propose "A Better Britain". whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Britannia Darussalam has a nice ring to it.

And there was one of your compatriots telling us all what a welcoming immigrant friendly place Scotland is laugh.png

It was quite funny Sus.

What would Stuart Adamson make of it ?

RIP Stuart - thanks for the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5SkiBna24

I think that majority of the posts on this subject are heading in the wrong direction.

Please people, lets celebrate our lives.

The number one priority in life is too be happy - I am sure that 100% of you agree.

Instead of bickering about this and that, we are together at the end of the day. There is no difference, try to prove me wrong and you are a fool.

With all the other sh*te going on in world the last we need is, well, a trifle throwing affair.

IS IT NOT?????

Edited by soihok
  • Like 2

Scotland should never have been given the opportunity to vote.

Rubbish and a fanatical viewpoint.

Every Nation has a right to self determination.

If Scotland collectively decides that it is better out of the Union ... so be it.

Fiscally, I don't see it that way ... but I'll support them 100% for their right to decide for themselves..

So 8% of the UK population should vote on something that has an massive impact on 100% of the population.

Smacks of more than favouritismrolleyes.gif

Rubbish and a fanatical viewpoint... is sat in front of a computer 24/7cheesy.gif

Mate ... up to you if you want to be sat in front of a computer 24/7 ... personally, I have a life elsewhere.

But what ever floats your boat.

BTW ... no need to personalise the debate.

If you have a point, make it fairly.

Play the Ball and not the Man ... you will get much more respect that way.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Yes Simon went to Boarding School and then Cambridge....so I am sure he has a fair and representative viewpoint which we should all gather around and listen to.....before laughing in uproar.

• Like 2

I genuinely feel sorry for Cameron. Scutland, Ukraine/Russia, ISIS, EU, wonky UK economy all on top of the usual aggravation.

Walk a mile in those shoes.

Don't feel too sorry for him, anyone who strives to do these types of jobs thrive off this sort of thing. Although I expect the Scotland issue is giving him sleepless nights.

Imagine his legacy is losing the Union.

Yes Simon went to Boarding School and then Cambridge....so I am sure he has a fair and representative viewpoint which we should all gather around and listen to.....before laughing in uproar.

Didn't Alex Salmond go to St Andrews? Not really a whole lot different to Cambridge.

• Like 2

Rather amusing and perhaps somewhat foreboding too to see just how those seekers of Scottish independence see and in fact value their expat countrymen and women.

Not one iota of change of attitude from the current U.K system .

Do you really think Scottish independence is going to be change for the better or is it in truth a politicians ego trip?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/11081448/Scottish-expats-excluded-from-independence-vote.html

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2