Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

The SNP are targeting welfare spongers with their nationalistic carrot dangling.

Anyone with a brain and interested in finances will vote no.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29103445

Comrade Salmond is a Russian agitator intent on disarming the UK of nuclear weapons.

I feel sorry for the 8000 workers in Faslane and the 200,000 financial services jobs.

Rest assured King Comrade Salmond can provide for everyone with North Seal Oilblink.png

Some levity at last to the thread.

You're the guy that posted the image of Salmond as Hitler yesterday - and now you're calling him a communist agitator.

Take you seriously? - I cannot.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The SNP are targeting welfare spongers with their nationalistic carrot dangling.

Anyone with a brain and interested in finances will vote no.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29103445

Comrade Salmond is a Russian agitator intent on disarming the UK of nuclear weapons.

I feel sorry for the 8000 workers in Faslane and the 200,000 financial services jobs.

Rest assured King Comrade Salmond can provide for everyone with North Seal Oilblink.png

Some levity at last to the thread.

You're the guy that posted the image of Salmond as Hitler yesterday - and now you're calling him a communist agitator.

Take you seriously? - I cannot.

Commie or Nazi still amount to the same thing.

I hope you are not employed in the financial services industry or worst still at Faslane.

The SNP can always open the coal pits when the oil runs out, that Thatcher shut to save them from a lifetime of lung disease

England can and would bottle up scotland if it caused problems ,introducing taxes for crossing the border etc. The idiots cannot go anywhere without going through England (airspace included) It will be playing to a merry tune within a few years

Scotland shafts England. England shafts Scotland right back, so Scotland shafts England, who in turn sock it to Scotland. Standards of living continue to decrease, good, honest people get poorer and poorer while the overlords clink glasses and waggle index fingers reproachfully before the meal service starts. They will always be OK. We should not let them turn us on each other.

• Like 1

England can and would bottle up scotland if it caused problems ,introducing taxes for crossing the border etc. The idiots cannot go anywhere without going through England (airspace included) It will be playing to a merry tune within a few years

Scotland shafts England. England shafts Scotland right back, so Scotland shafts England, who in turn sock it to Scotland. Standards of living continue to decrease, good, honest people get poorer and poorer while the overlords clink glasses and waggle index fingers reproachfully before the meal service starts. They will always be OK. We should not let them turn us on each other.

5 million shafting 55 million I think not. The only jocks that stick in my throat are the loud mouthed drunken mob,but that is just about all of them.

Good riddance,it should never have happened those 300 years ago,and by God I am praying for that YES vote,they will be like poison south of the border

5 million shafting 55 million I think not. The only jocks that stick in my throat are the loud mouthed drunken mob,but that is just about all of them.

Good riddance,it should never have happened those 300 years ago,and by God I am praying for that YES vote,they will be like poison south of the border

No good will come of nationalism, hate and scorn from either side of the border. We need to stick together against the demagogues who wish to divide us and profit from the results.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One positive poll in favour of the YES vote and see the sassenachs and soothmoothers

dance a merry jig. Trippin ower each ither to get to Scotland, too late I fear too late God

willing. My wish is to be celebrating in grand fashion on the 19th. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

Absolutely baboon biggrin.png

Err.. That is not exactly patriotic. I take it you will be relocating post haste should the vote be YES?

Your logic escapes me baboon? Celebrating Scotlands new found independence in

Phuket or, for that matter, anywhere other than Scotland is not patriotic, or should I

rush back to Scotland to be patriotic there??? You seem to imply that anyone who

does not live in or move to Scotland after independence is not patriotic, how bizarre

are you? facepalm.gif

Well, it isn't really patriotic is it? Surely you should be there for the rebirth of your nation and helping things along?

OK baboon I will bite. Hardly the rebirth of my nation even when we were in the UK Scotland was still a nation.

Please explain to me why you think celebrating Scotlands independence in Phuket "isn't really patriotic"

I, and I am sure many other Scots in Thailand, await the wisdom of your strange logic, I am all ears, fire

away oh wise one. wai.gif

No good will come of nationalism, hate and scorn from either side of the border. We need to stick together against the demagogues who wish to divide us and profit from the results.

Tired of this - the media is full of "Alex Salmond must answer for ISIS," and I'm serious. I'll provide links if you want proof.

This is exactly what the demagogues that you talk of want - to disrupt our way of life, to disrupt our democratic process, to disrupt our rule of law.

There is a fight between the Scottish electorate to determine the future of our country.

Ram your reds under the bed, scarey warey whoo crap right up your bahookie.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

On an added note - who among you knows how many soldiers serve in the Royal Regiment of Scotland?

a) 40,000

B) 20,000

c) 10,000

d) 4,000

e) Less than 4,000.

I should have called my son Scotland. He bleats on about wanting independence, even though I know he'll be asking me for a handout when he mucks things up on his own.

Plus he's naff at football.

Grow up.

The trouble with you Nationalist, is that you like to give it, but you can't take it.

Suggest you remove the Forrest from your shoulder and realise it's 2014 and the world is getting smaller.

One positive poll in favour of the YES vote and see the sassenachs and soothmoothers

dance a merry jig. Trippin ower each ither to get to Scotland, too late I fear too late God

willing. My wish is to be celebrating in grand fashion on the 19th. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

Absolutely baboon biggrin.png

Err.. That is not exactly patriotic. I take it you will be relocating post haste should the vote be YES?

Your logic escapes me baboon? Celebrating Scotlands new found independence in

Phuket or, for that matter, anywhere other than Scotland is not patriotic, or should I

rush back to Scotland to be patriotic there??? You seem to imply that anyone who

does not live in or move to Scotland after independence is not patriotic, how bizarre

are you? facepalm.gif

Well, it isn't really patriotic is it? Surely you should be there for the rebirth of your nation and helping things along?

OK baboon I will bite. Hardly the rebirth of my nation even when we were in the UK Scotland was still a nation.

Please explain to me why you think celebrating Scotlands independence in Phuket "isn't really patriotic"

I, and I am sure many other Scots in Thailand, await the wisdom of your strange logic, I am all ears, fire

away oh wise one. wai.gif

Because you will be gloating like this is a result of a bloody football match from anther continent, instead of a far reaching political decision which will have huge consequences for millions.

I should have called my son Scotland. He bleats on about wanting independence, even though I know he'll be asking me for a handout when he mucks things up on his own.

Plus he's naff at football.

Grow up.

The trouble with you Nationalist, is that you like to give it, but you can't take it.

Suggest you remove the Forrest from your shoulder and realise it's 2014 and the world is getting smaller.

I love people taking the absolute p*ss out of me with wits and humour - we we are seeing here is moronic, and childish.

Edited by ScotSurvey

I think you will find that the financial wizards in the City of London will have a lot of influence regarding this. They usualy get their way and I am sure they will be bending spoons which ever way the vote goes.

Anyone that can remember the George Soros attack on the currency in 1992 knows that the UK gov cannot defeat the markets.

If Scotland says Yes, on September 19th George Osbourne will announce a currency union.

I think you will find that the financial wizards in the City of London will have a lot of influence regarding this. They usualy get their way and I am sure they will be bending spoons which ever way the vote goes.

Anyone that can remember the George Soros attack on the currency in 1992 knows that the UK gov cannot defeat the markets.

If Scotland says Yes, on September 19th George Osbourne will announce a currency union.

Yes that union which will stabilise the stock markets and the pound.

As soon as the political obstacle has been removed it will be game on for that....anyone with half a brain even can see that inevitability.

• Like 1

As soon as the political obstacle has been removed it will be game on for that....anyone with half a brain even can see that inevitability.

Quite a few here with half a brain.

• Like 2

I had a no voter today loudly tell me four times there would be no independent Scotland in his lifetime.

When I gently explained there was a 50/50 chance it will happen next week he countered by saying Salmond can't fix a currency so it can't happen.

I despair of some of these people....and he is long past 16!

Edited by smokie36

That does seem to be Alex Salmonds point of view regarding the currency union, whilst Osborne appears to have the complete opposite. Personally I'd trust neither of them.

I think the best person to trust on this issue is Mark Carney as he is independent in the whole thing and he has outlined that it would be very difficult to have a currency union. He quite clearly knows more than anyone on this board so I'll continue to listen to his opinions before two politicians with a dog in the fight.

• Like 1

Should Scotland regain Independence, will any of the Scots on this Forum, reading this, return to live there?

Contribute to the Nation building etc?

Never mind them, I'm going to live there. Scots automatically and rightly assume I'm Welsh in any case.

The only thing I don't like about Scotland (and I really hate this) is the midges in the summer. If we can solve the midge problem it surely is the promised land.

Edited by MJP

Should Scotland regain Independence, will any of the Scots on this Forum, reading this, return to live there?

Contribute to the Nation building etc?

Never mind them, I'm going to live there. Scots automatically and rightly assume I'm Welsh in any case.

The only thing I don't like about Scotland (and I really hate this) is the midges in the summer. If we can solve the midge problem it surely is the promised land.

No midges on the East coast or central belt - you're good to go! Anyway - amazing that there was news of a royal baby on the way today - naturally, we Scots reacted -

10606558_855842237759529_143100050915011

• Like 1

That does seem to be Alex Salmonds point of view regarding the currency union, whilst Osborne appears to have the complete opposite. Personally I'd trust neither of them.

I think the best person to trust on this issue is Mark Carney as he is independent in the whole thing and he has outlined that it would be very difficult to have a currency union. He quite clearly knows more than anyone on this board so I'll continue to listen to his opinions before two politicians with a dog in the fight.

Carney is a paid servant of the Crown - and a government appointee.

Be careful who you put your trust in.

I can see why the Scots want to keep the Royal family. A great sense of humour . . .

From Papua New Guinea to Stoke-on-Trent, Prince Philip has left his mark around the world. As his 90th birthday looms, Hannah Ewan recalls the soundbites that could only have come from one man

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ninety-gaffes-in-ninety-years-2290148.html

7. "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Asked of a Scottish driving instructor in 1995.

15. "What do you gargle with – pebbles?" To Tom Jones, after the Royal Variety Performance, 1969. He added the following day: "It is very difficult at all to see how it is possible to become immensely valuable by singing what I think are the most hideous songs."

Honestly, bookmark the link. Whenever you feel a bit down this will bring you right back on top! cheesy.gif

I can see why the Scots want to keep the Royal family. A great sense of humour . . .

From Papua New Guinea to Stoke-on-Trent, Prince Philip has left his mark around the world. As his 90th birthday looms, Hannah Ewan recalls the soundbites that could only have come from one man

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ninety-gaffes-in-ninety-years-2290148.html

7. "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Asked of a Scottish driving instructor in 1995.

15. "What do you gargle with – pebbles?" To Tom Jones, after the Royal Variety Performance, 1969. He added the following day: "It is very difficult at all to see how it is possible to become immensely valuable by singing what I think are the most hideous songs."

Honestly, bookmark the link. Whenever you feel a bit down this will bring you right back on top! cheesy.gif

55555 - this one appealed to me -

Philip: "Who are you?"

Simon Kelner: "I'm the editor-in-chief of The Independent, Sir."

Philip: "What are you doing here?"

Kelner: "You invited me."

Philip: "Well, you didn't have to come!"

An exchange at a press reception to mark the Golden Jubilee in 2002.

• Like 2

I'm actually crying.

18. "If it has four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." Said to a World Wildlife Fund meeting in 1986.

40. "Do you still throw spears at each other?" Prince Philip shocks Aboriginal leader William Brin at the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, 2002.

Edited by MJP