A view from a Thai/UK life! How about you?

hotsoup

Let me presume to say what I miss/resent, How about you?

In no particular order!

Having to pay 5000B a month UK council tax for a house I dont live in

Having to pay 1250B a month just to keep the UK phone connected because of the outrageous disconnection/ re-connection charges

Raspberries/Figs/Black Currants Fresh Cream

Having to drive 80 kilos in the UK to Tesco and the Hospital

Petrol at 70B a litre

If I decide to go to London, at the last minute ,discovering that a 600 kilometre train ticket is the same price as an LHR-BKK plane ticket

Lobsters at 200B and Crabs at 25B, Pheasants and Partridges. Wine

Garbage collection once every fortnight

That even with GPS and a Postcode no delivery company can find the house

That an enquiry in UK as to whether the fridge/cooker/roof could be mended is answered by, usually:. In 2 or 3 weeks, at least, mate!

That I cannot open a small business/market stall without several dozen planning applications

That I cannot transfer money from one account to another at a UK ATM+ there are no banks open in a Mall at w/end. Actually the nearest Mall is 160 kilometres away

That it costs 9500B for 6 months to keep the car on the road in the UK in case someone needs to use it.

That it costs 7500B a year to have a TV which I dont watch

Honeysuckle, bluebells and primroses, autumn, snow. Wood burning stoves! A bath.

I cannot get on a London Bus without an Oyster Card

A taxi to the nearest town 18 kilometres is 1300B one way!

That no-one I know can afford to buy a house

Probably goes some way to explain why we live here...I cannot vouch for other countries..How about you?

Where do you live, Inverness?

Many of the UK issues are non-problems IMO, but I do agree wholeheartedly abut train fares.

I think the late night culture of Thailand is so much better than our boxed in watching the box culture.

You forget the NHS , which Thailand does not have or the Education system , fair play and Justice. Human rights, right or wrong. No duel pricing. Very little if any Police Corruption , trading Standards. No Army on the Streets, Public health and safety, the list goes on , Thailand is no longer the land of Smiles Sorry if you look through rose tinted glasses at anything you will find faults and benefits anywhere.

Bloody good reminder. I should print this out at put it in my spectacles case!

You forget the NHS , which Thailand does not have or the Education system , fair play and Justice. Human rights, right or wrong. No duel pricing. Very little if any Police Corruption , trading Standards. No Army on the Streets, Public health and safety, the list goes on , Thailand is no longer the land of Smiles Sorry if you look through rose tinted glasses at anything you will find faults and benefits anywhere.

Yo forgot the most important one !!! NO 90 Day Reporting thumbsup.gif