Thai vs European cuisine

Matej

I don't miss European food at all because i can cook it when i like. Also in BKK there are plenty places where you can eat it and in Pattaya at your doorstep even much more choice.

When we didn't have a huge kitchen i still could cook it, only need a gasburner and a pan.

Every market sells potato's and if even mashed potato is too hard for you then learn how to cook it from internet movies.

The only thing i miss is good beef steak, but there's load of pork for sale and the good thing is that fillet is cheaper then the crappy parts.

Japanese food is also great, there is also great bread in Siam Paragon or Yamazaki and you can freeze it easy.

I love Pizza company pizza superdeluxe, Sizzlers is great, durian for lunch is great, i don't like french kitchen though.

For mashed potato you boil/steam the potato's untill soft, mash with milk, pepper salt nutmeg and if you like it fat add butter/eggyolk. Easy peasy.

Fried potato, steam or boil the potatopieces first then fry slowly in a tefal pan with butter/oil. Then add meatpieces or vegy and stirfry it carefully so the potato's dont break.

Ikea sells great steaming pans who fit ontop of normal pans, good quality stainless steel.

I don't miss European food at all because i can cook it when i like. Also in BKK there are plenty places where you can eat it and in Pattaya at your doorstep even much more choice.

When we didn't have a huge kitchen i still could cook it, only need a gasburner and a pan.

Every market sells potato's and if even mashed potato is too hard for you then learn how to cook it from internet movies.

The only thing i miss is good beef steak, but there's load of pork for sale and the good thing is that fillet is cheaper then the crappy parts.

Japanese food is also great, there is also great bread in Siam Paragon or Yamazaki and you can freeze it easy.

I love Pizza company pizza superdeluxe, Sizzlers is great, durian for lunch is great, i don't like french kitchen though.

For mashed potato you boil/steam the potato's untill soft, mash with milk, pepper salt nutmeg and if you like it fat add butter/eggyolk. Easy peasy.

Fried potato, steam or boil the potatopieces first then fry slowly in a tefal pan with butter/oil. Then add meatpieces or vegy and stirfry it carefully so the potato's dont break.

Ikea sells great steaming pans who fit ontop of normal pans, good quality stainless steel.

Meats including beef.

http://www.acorn.co.th/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too miss European Food, I really miss Nice Salads, Salads of variation, not just tomatoes lettuce and sweet corn

And the dressings here are heavily sugared...

I miss Quorn the Vegetarian substitute for Meat, it's like Tofu but 100 times nicer.

And nice bread, especially brown bread or wholewheat bread..

Not keen on French or Spanish food, too greasy and meaty....

I do miss Real Italian pizzas with home made bases...

But what I do LOVE about living here, is the variation of fruit and the price of it, Fantastic....

Good selection of Vegetables,too...

Rice, don't like white rice, prefer brown rice.

It would help if I could cook, but I can't , so cannot complain really.

Fortunately I have found some amazing Thai restaurants....which is great..

I agree about the dressings...tend to just plop a whole bunch of 'salad cream' on ice berg and canned corn...I love fresh romaine or a nice Boston or Bibb Lettuce with a nice homemade extra virgin olive oil/ Balsamic vinegar vinaigrette and thankfully I can source those ingredients not to far away from where I stay. One thing i haven't been able to find which i always love to eat when I am in the states is "baby green mix" for those who don't know it is a melange of small baby lettuces mixed together mostly for fresh salads but could put a few on a burger or the like as well.

Edited by Smurkster

I feel the same way. It's not really comparing, it's called craving for something that you miss eating. You appreciate Thai food but sometimes you wanted to try something new. Try to google some European food recipe and just cook at home, it might not taste the same but atleast it's not Thai food.