accessing online chiang mai immigration queue

watgate

So as I am currently in the U.S I tried making an online reservation within the 100 days and failed miserably. I then tried to register for a password thinking maybe that was the problem and repeatedly got a message 403-access forbidden. Unless someone can enlighten me as to the proper way to try and make a reservation at chiang mai immigration online queue, I guess I will be at the immigration office this winter in the wee hours of the morning to obtain my number in order to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement.

I assume you have been able to access the site but no slots available? Unfortunately that has been quite common for a while now that the 100 days are fully booked out. No registration needed to access it. 100 days from today would be about 17th of December and I see all slots filled to that date.

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html

date calculator

tywais- thanks for the info. I was positioned at my computer at 1:00 p.m est in the USA which would have been 12:00 midnite in Chiang Mai and never was given the opportunity to select a time for 12/7/14. Then all of a sudden the site showed ALL of the available times had been reserved within a span of 2-3 minutes just after midnite in Thailand.

As some have said here, there are times during the year where it may very well be impossible to get even 1 slot unless you are SUPER quick. This year, I started checking for opening for early December. I need to get 2 openings together. Since I am an early riser, the 1st time I checked about 5:30A and was surprised to see at least 4 openings. Even after an hour a pair of consecutive openings were available in the PM. I was chocked. Two mornings later I checked again and there were none at 5:30AM. When I started checking for real, I decide to try to get 2 openings at 12 midnight. 1st night, I started a couple of minutes late and bang only 2 slots were available but not together. Next night, I began my vigilance at 12 sharp. I hit it just right because all the slots were opened. Of course, that didn't mean that they weren't being reserved by others at the very second. Luckily with fast fingers and a few other techniques, I was able to get 2 consecutive openings after lunch. Within minutes, "puff" they were all gone.

• Like 1

it is blocked by greedy agents....no chance to acess!

I wonder how the greedy agents get all the slots?

if u cant beat them,why not join them???smile.png

So far mate always managed a slot. Start 30 days before renewal due but usually crack it on the first hit.

So I am a bit surprised when I hear others can't get a slot, maybe immi the agents are a little slow that day at entering them in.

If I couldn't get a slot then off to TVAssist, as I have no interest in queuing at 5-30 am, smelling the great un-washed, people watching, meeting sub standard species, listening to the noise of those non stop announcements or drinking their highly overrated disgusting coffee!

Oh and I don't need immigration if I want to watch a movie at AP. wink.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

tywais- thanks for the info. I was positioned at my computer at 1:00 p.m est in the USA which would have been 12:00 midnite in Chiang Mai and never was given the opportunity to select a time for 12/7/14. Then all of a sudden the site showed ALL of the available times had been reserved within a span of 2-3 minutes just after midnite in Thailand.

Unless you did this some time last month you were too late to get a slot for the 7th of December.The appointments opens up 100 days in advance, so to get an appointment for the 7th of December, you should have booked around the 28th of August.

Sophon

I booked on line last week,I was sitting at the computer at 12 midnight and was lucky to get a slot at 12.02am. By 12.14 am all had gone.Only having 10 slots is a bit of a joke aka lottery

I booked on line last week,I was sitting at the computer at 12 midnight and was lucky to get a slot at 12.02am. By 12.14 am all had gone.Only having 10 slots is a bit of a joke aka lottery

You won the lottery!! burp.gifdrunk.giflaugh.png

I have an appointment this week. Very easy to make at the time. Mid morning I accessed the site & lots of available slots. What to do when I turn up? Is there a counter / desk I should make myself known at, with printout of appointment, or should I just waltz in a minute before appointment jumping up & down shouting out "I've got an appointment SUCKERS"?

I'd prefer to be discreet....

I have an appointment this week. Very easy to make at the time. Mid morning I accessed the site & lots of available slots. What to do when I turn up? Is there a counter / desk I should make myself known at, with printout of appointment, or should I just waltz in a minute before appointment jumping up & down shouting out "I've got an appointment SUCKERS"?

go to the middle counter where they are returning passports and tell them you are there for a XXX (time) appointment

they will tell you to sit and wait for your name to be called

If they do not call your name within 15 minutes of your appointment, go back and politely remind them of your appointment time. Repeat every 15 minutes if necessary, politely, smile and laugh.

• Like 2

go to the middle counter where they are returning passports and tell them you are there for a XXX (time) appointment

If they do not call your name within 15 minutes of your appointment, go back and politely remind them of your appointment time. Repeat every 15 minutes if necessary, politely, smile and laugh.

i cannot beleiive that anyone has to go to the above stress(plus getting a slot at m/nite)at the ??????dept

where for the princely sum of zero baht,your agent takes care of your 90 day reports

or simply mail it...gosh the latter two wins by panels...

i cannot beleiive that anyone has to go to the above stress(plus getting a slot at m/nite)at the ??????dept

where for the princely sum of zero baht,your agent takes care of your 90 day reports

??????????????????

a very good morning to all

firstly would like to appologise to all ,for wrongly using the 90 day reports on this thread, as it refers to ret visas extensions only .it was been brought to my attention, by a member who had the politeness, to tell me , off the boardsmile.png

but i still stand on my digs,that using a trusted agent saves the stress of of staying up to midnite hoping to catch a slot,then if sucessful , a daunting trip to the ????? dept,which presently resembles a refugee camp,and topping that off ,is my paper work correctly done, when is it my turn, will i get parking, etc etc etc

for a very small cost of 5000 baht,a trusted agent takes care of the hassles involved in ret visas

plus your trusted agent gives u the added bonus of doing three 90 day reports for zero baht ,until your next renewal

using a trusted agent,requires you to visit their office once( in most cases),plus a brief appearance at the ????? dept,to receive your stamped p/port, and they take care of the rest,including the bonus 90 day reports where they contact you when your time is up,where a drop off and pick up of your .passport at your agents office is required

many members feel that the 5000 baht service fee is too expensive,

i beg to differ

when one they takes all the agent overheads into account,they maybe lucky to nett approx 2000/30000 baht

other members feel that for such a service requires too many visits to the agent,in some cases perhaps yes,but really under present conditions using a trusted agent will save you time and the stress which undenialbly goes with it, in my view i would rather make my appearances at my agents office then the????? dept

some members fear for the safety of their p/port,perhaps a good call, but really is it. any different from having your p/port at home,in addition to the above agents inform u immediately of any rule changes

all in all,visa agents in my view have a important role to play if u want a stress free ride with your visas etc etc, in particular the modest fee in which u receive preminium servicebiggrin.png

Edited by evenstevens

Logged on to the site last night at 9pm and got the first appointment for 26 Dec, tried again for my wife but would not let me in again until after midnight, lucky or what? 90 day reporting has been easy to quickest time was 7 mins for the two of us, half an hour was our longest wait ,that was on Monday. So far a great service from Chiang Mai immigration.

• 4 months later...