Thailand Elite PE visa, how fast you get it...

Gerry, the fine lady in your pic from TE also met me at the airport when flying in a few days ago along with a young man who was as lovely in nature as the lady. Myself and friend were offered a buggy cart which we sat in the back and off we sped through the airport with sirens going which was a little bit embarrassing but nice and convenient nonetheless as it was a long walk!

The immigration was a breeze and very very quick. My passport was stamped straight in by the officer (1 Year) with absolutely no questions whatsoever asked with the two TE representatives watching very closely what the officer was doing with my passport. They asked me if I was OK for travel from the airport to my destination as I hadn't booked the limo service. As I'm a car driver here it's not needed my car was parked at the airport anyway and its cheap as chips to park for a few days. They even insisted to wait for my checked luggage to arrive so they could put it on my trolley! I politely told them there was no need but they insisted.

Absolutely spot on service can not recommend this enough if you want to stay here long term and tired of the 90 day extensions being worried sick if they're going to knock you back for whatever reason put your hand in your pocket and buy this amazing option to stay here especially if your under 50!

Edit as forgot to show my gratitude to Stanley 78, and ukrules who without their intelligent input I probably wouldn't have felt as comfortable buying this card.

Can I copy your text and put it on the Thailand Elite Members' Facebook page?

It is nice to read.

Sorry, but I like the freedom of leaving the country whenever I want without thinking I wasted 500,000 baht for nothing. I have the option of leaving back to Canada or simply visit the neighbouring countries for a while. If you live in Hua Hin, you also have the option to deal with a corrupt immigration which will give you a 1 year ED visa for less than 20,000 baht.

Of course, I would not do anything illegal like that.

I will be interested in the easy access card in a couple of months.

I see thai visa are sales agents for the card.

Would they be prepared to travel to say khon kaen to do in country business.?

i don't think there's a need for anyone to travel anywhere to sign you up. Their website is being constantly updated but I think the whole thing can be done online and/or snail mail.

• Like 1

I will be interested in the easy access card in a couple of months.

I see thai visa are sales agents for the card.

Would they be prepared to travel to say khon kaen to do in country business.?

i don't think there's a need for anyone to travel anywhere to sign you up. Their website is being constantly updated but I think the whole thing can be done online and/or snail mail.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not experienced with the online stuff and would like to deal face to face for something as important as this which would mean a trip to bangkok.

Just thought as thai visa are sales reps for the cards they might do a little extra for there members and save me a trip.

There maybe other people interested as well,i dont know.

Just thought as thai visa are sales reps for the cards they might do a little extra for there members and save me a trip.

As far as I know Thai Visa forum is not a sales rep for Thai Elite.

20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Two Pacific Place, Suite 1703, Kloengtoey, Kloengtoey BANGKOK 10110 Thailand [email protected]

Tel: +66 98 843 7530

Mr. George Anderssen 20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Thaivisa Lounge Bar 156 Naresdamri Road (opposite Hilton) Hua Hin, Prachuapkirikhan 77110 Thailand, HUA HIN / CHA-AM [email protected]

Mr. George Anderssen 20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Expat Group Limited 艾仕朋集團有限公司 Rooms 1318-¬20, 13/F, Hollywood Plaza, 610 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon HONG KONG [email protected]

Mr. George Anderssen

• Like 1

20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Two Pacific Place, Suite 1703, Kloengtoey, Kloengtoey BANGKOK 10110 Thailand [email protected]

Mr. George Anderssen 20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Thaivisa Lounge Bar 156 Naresdamri Road (opposite Hilton) Hua Hin, Prachuapkirikhan 77110 Thailand, HUA HIN / CHA-AM [email protected]

Mr. George Anderssen 20 Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd. Expat Group Limited 艾仕朋集團有限公司 Rooms 1318-¬20, 13/F, Hollywood Plaza, 610 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon HONG KONG [email protected]

Mr. George Anderssen

I wrote Thai Visa forum.

You could contact the office and see what they say.

• Like 1

If one has lots of money, wants to live in Thailand and does not qualify for any other visa, then I would think Thai Elite, would be the way to go. I'm lucky I qualify for either an extension of stay due to marriage or retirement, so sure couldn't justify the expense of a Thai Elite Visa, even if I could afford it.

Hey Gerry,

thx for your report.

You became a TE member when the card was still sold for 1 MB, isn't it?

Shouldn"t you then continue on the SE visa or did you convert your old card to the new one, thus getting the improved visa but limiting other benefits?

I did convert to the new card indeed.

Benefits are the same, but the new PE visa gets the 1 year stamp.

I don't really need the 1 year stamp since I travel quite much, but I thought that "with the age" I may travel less in the future and enjoy the 1 year stamp...

Sorry, but I like the freedom of leaving the country whenever I want without thinking I wasted 500,000 baht for nothing. I have the option of leaving back to Canada or simply visit the neighbouring countries for a while. If you live in Hua Hin, you also have the option to deal with a corrupt immigration which will give you a 1 year ED visa for less than 20,000 baht.

Of course, I would not do anything illegal like that.

A Thailand Elite member could say the same but a bit differently...

Your text would just be slightly changed:

Sorry, but I like the freedom of leaving the country whenever I want, and thinking that I got the privilege of coming back, and being welcome, any time I want for only 500,000 baht. I have the option of leaving back to wherever I want, visit the neighbouring countries for a while, or never leave the country if I want to. If you live in Hua Hin, you also never need the option of dealing with a corrupt immigration which may give you a 1 year ED visa for less than 20,000 baht (as you imply, not me)(you should be careful when implying something like that, by the way), because you will never want another visa than the Thailand Elite visa.

In both versions the writer is happy with his option. Perfect :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So at 45 you get the most of it because you can use the full five years than change to a new status visa after 50. Works for me because of my age. By my math (which will differ from everyone else's) in 5 years I would spend about 350000 baht on visa expenses (Visa fees, extensions, taxis, hotels, airfare, misc...). Add in all the aggravation and most importantly that I will likely be denied a new tourist visa for having to many in general at some point, I don't really see an option to the PE. For only 150000 more I get an assurance of entry and 24 extra massages per year (sadly not a golfer)? Downsides are upfront expenses, what if my feelings here change and I want to leave for a while or permanently, what assurance do I have the program will still be there in years to come. IDK, I am on the fence still but shouldn't be because there really is no other option for someone under 50, single etc etc...

• Like 1

Seems like am expensive method to continue laziness when with a very small effort your visa's will always remain in order. No-one has clued us into the 500,000 to the 2,000,000 baht stretch. Folks only post about 500,000. Not that I need to know but curiosity makes me ask what you get for the 2 million elite visa???

Everything you need to know can be found here. http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

2 mill for 20 years wow but not for married to a Thai or retirees

Seems like am expensive method to continue laziness when with a very small effort your visa's will always remain in order. No-one has clued us into the 500,000 to the 2,000,000 baht stretch. Folks only post about 500,000. Not that I need to know but curiosity makes me ask what you get for the 2 million elite visa???

Everything you need to know can be found here. http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

2 mill for 20 years wow but not for married to a Thai or retirees

To put things in perspective, married and retirees spend Bt 1,900 a year as opposed to 100,000.

500,000 for 5 years is actually not that bad. That works out to 100,000 per year (about $3,100USD). When I was doing in/out to the cheapest air destination (Singapore) I was making 12 - 13 flights per year (average between 5,000 - 6,000 baht per trip). Of course I was visiting a friend -- sometimes staying overnight in a hotel, or just the costs of the standard present (bottle of something) - which can add up to 1,000 baht. Or paying and going to school. For people that are working remotely (have income), or just have some extra cash it is a reasonable fee to save your sanity. I just cannot figure out why it is losing money - there must be some bad deal in it for the government if they are.... because there can't much in the way of costs....... I hear a lot of people online talking about working offshore and living here, and there should be a visa for it... well there is... and it is this one.

500,000 for 5 years is actually not that bad. That works out to 100,000 per year (about $3,100USD). When I was doing in/out to the cheapest air destination (Singapore) I was making 12 - 13 flights per year (average between 5,000 - 6,000 baht per trip). Of course I was visiting a friend -- sometimes staying overnight in a hotel, or just the costs of the standard present (bottle of something) - which can add up to 1,000 baht. Or paying and going to school. For people that are working remotely (have income), or just have some extra cash it is a reasonable fee to save your sanity. I just cannot figure out why it is losing money - there must be some bad deal in it for the government if they are.... because there can't much in the way of costs....... I hear a lot of people online talking about working offshore and living here, and there should be a visa for it... well there is... and it is this one.

Exactly, you can save a lot if the only reason you travel is for visas, especially if you fly 'home' for a triple entry once a year.

100k = one business class flight to Europe and back on a European airline.

Edited by ukrules

I'd be interested in a definitive answer. After TV started emailing newsletter subscribers TE adverts, I started a thread asking if TV are sales reps. It was instantly deleted.

It should be disclosed if they are as then members can be aware that posts on these boards may have affiliate bias.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in a definitive answer. After TV started emailing newsletter subscribers TE adverts, I started a thread asking if TV are sales reps. It was instantly deleted.

It should be disclosed if they are as then members can be aware that posts on these boards may have affiliate bias.

Why should they disclose it. This is just really an online forum.... I would not be surprised if they have them as a paid advertiser - makes sense on both sides..... each person has to evaluate the option and figure out if it is worth it for them. I have decided it is worth it for me and will probably purchase it next month (just started a new contract).

Edited by cacruden
  • Like 1

Bias, really? What do you care Mr. concerned citizen. This forum trying to make money and you have a problem with that. Using your logic hundreds of other adverts on the site should be biased too? Some of you guys really need to get a life.....

• Like 2

Why should they disclose it. This is just really an online forum.... I would not be surprised if they have them as a paid advertiser - makes sense on both sides..... each person has to evaluate the option and figure out if it is worth it for them. I have decided it is worth it for me and will probably purchase it next month (just started a new contract).

Google ads above the fold or between posts as TV has, are clearly distinguishable by a user as ads, your logic only applies there. Users mostly know to evaluate those ads themselves already, but in addition, every website should have a privacy policy stating they don't endorse the products or services in those ads, and Google decides to which ads to display. Example disclaimer - http://www.2createawebsite.com/other/disclaimer.html

Affiliate ads are also legally required to be disclosed, which not many people know:

http://microblogger.com/disclose-affiliate-links/

http://www.copyblogger.com/affiliate-marketing-disclosure/

When the premise of the actual site's content is an impartial forum on visa advice, and moderators recommend the TE program within posts in reply to user questions, at that point an affiliate relationship must be disclosed. Assuming the site wants to keep its integrity.

Thanks for your mature reply.

Bias, really? What do you care Mr. concerned citizen. This forum trying to make money and you have a problem with that. Using your logic hundreds of other adverts on the site should be biased too? Some of you guys really need to get a life.....

This member jumping on me adds weight to my argument.

Edited by jspill

Paid banner ads above the fold or between posts as TV has, are clearly distinguishable by a user as ads, and your logic would apply there.

However when the premise of the actual site's content is an impartial forum on visa advice, and moderators recommend the TE program within posts in reply to user questions, at that point an affiliate relationship should be disclosed. Assuming the site wants to keep its integrity.

Why affiliate connections should be disclosed, and are often required to be -

http://www.copyblogger.com/affiliate-marketing-disclosure/

http://microblogger.com/disclose-affiliate-links/

Thanks for your mature reply.

This member jumping on me adds weight to my argument.

And my argument of you most likely being a geeky high school snitch in the past 1zgarz5.gif

Edited by CroBiker