2 Questions regarding USA visit.

bananafarang

I will be flying to USA for couple of weeks. I have two questions regarding the trip.

Question 1: Can I use Bangkok Bank ATM debit card to withdraw cash in USA? I was able to use this in other Asian Countries but never in USA.

Question 2: Can I use Thai License to drive in USA. Specifically in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. I tried to get an international license at transportation dept but they told me I had to go through the whole process of obtaining resident permit from Immigration which takes couple of weeks. I am making an emergency trip and don't have the time.

Thanks in advance.

yes

yes

i have used my Bangkok bank atm

i have used my thai license to rent a car and showed it once when i was stopped in CA.( he thought it was fake but..... ) LOL

I am told Phuket will issue us a IDP if u have a 5 year thai license,'takes less than 30 minutes

I have never seen any reason to get one.

yes

yes

i have used my Bangkok bank atm

i have used my thai license to rent a car and showed it once when i was stopped in CA.( he thought it was fake but..... ) LOL

I am told Phuket will issue us a IDP if u have a 5 year thai license,'takes less than 30 minutes

I have never seen any reason to get one.

I have 5 year Thai license but unfortunately I am not in Phuket. The bureaucracy here in Chiang Rai is still going strong. I will just take my chances and drive carefully smile.png

From the BKK Bank website under Personal Banking/Savings Account:
Worldwide Access
With a Bualuang or Premier ATM card or Be1st debit card you can access your accounts from ATM terminals nationwide. A Premier ATM card and Be1st debit card can be used at ATM terminals all over the world wherever you see the PLUS logo.

I just returned from the US and the Hertz rental car guy said I could use my Thai license but, since I still had a California DL, I used it instead.

What are you doing about a credit card, and about auto insurance? You will need a good credit card that the rental car company will accept, and they might put a fairly large "hold" that might take up a lot of your charging balance. That will of course come off after you return the car. Also make sure it is a valid major credit card that I assume you will want to use to waive the rental car insurance fees.

I just returned from the US and the Hertz rental car guy said I could use my Thai license but, since I still had a California DL, I used it instead.

Oh man. Now you're going to get summoned for jury duty... They'll mail the summons to the address on your license, and put out a warrant if you don't show. Next time you fly into Ca, it's Alcatraz for you- do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Better to stay off the Ca radar. (Of course, that's hyperbole bulldoodoo)

Oh man. Now you're going to get summoned for jury duty... They'll mail the summons to the address on your license, and put out a warrant if you don't show. Next time you fly into Ca, it's Alcatraz for you- do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Ha ha, yeah, you're right. Got one of those last year, sent them a nice note, never heard from them again.

Ha ha, yeah, you're right. Got one of those last year, sent them a nice note, never heard from them again.

They're patient.