Car rental

I would like to rent a car from Don Mueang Airport for 4 days from the 17th Sept, My problem is every car hire company i call won't let me book unless i pay with a credit card and i don't own a credit card.

Anybody know of a company that will deliver a car to Don Mueng and except cash + cash deposit.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Get a credit card but only give them a small amount on your card and the rest in cash, the reason they want a card is for ongoing cost's eg. accident. traffic offence and anything else they can think of, what you are really doing is giving an open line of credit if you have a major mishap.

Driver beware.

• 2 weeks later...

You might be able to get a card that fast if you apply online. Worth a shot.

My own rule is that I use an international company like Avis which operates in my home country - US. Then I use a US credit card and book it from the US.

I have loads of consumer protection laws in the US which will extend to the use of that US card. So if I get ripped off in LOS (not likely by Avis, they don't rent jet skis, LOL) I can file a simple complaint with the Visa issuer and get my money back.

I would never own a Thai issued credit card, nor would I rent from a Thai company.

Edit. I can rent a car from the US even if I'm in Thailand. I simply log into Avis US, book the car, pay the amount I need to with the US card, and go pick up the car.

Edited by NeverSure