Good Value For Money Family Hotel

Loaded

Hi all

I've read the hotel list at the top of this forum but can anyone recommend a family hotel on the beach within walking distance of things-to-do in Hua Hin or Cha Am around the $30/35 per room per night range?

My sister, her husband and their two daughters (8 and 11) are coming to Chiang Mai to visit me around August but they want a bit of time on the beach as well. Your recommendations appreciated.

cheers.

Hi all

I've read the hotel list at the top of this forum but can anyone recommend a family hotel on the beach within walking distance of things-to-do in Hua Hin or Cha Am around the $30/35 per room per night range?

My sister, her husband and their two daughters (8 and 11) are coming to Chiang Mai to visit me around August but they want a bit of time on the beach as well. Your recommendations appreciated.

cheers.

Not in Hua Hin at that price. In town yes, but few hotels have direct access to the beach and those that are wyhin walkin distance of things to do are more expensive. Your best bet may be Hua Hin Village.

Hi all

cheers.

There are a number of guest houses within walking distance of the beach. Fulay Guest House is very high quality and Jed Pee Nong is also quite good. Rates should be reasonable from now until end of September but perhaps a bit higher than $35.

I can recommend the Cha Am Methavalai Hotel

Large rooms, outstanding ABF and directly across street from beach with hotel chairs/umbrellas. Crowded on weekends I gather but very pleasant during the week. Two very nice pools (one mostly in shade and other in sun).

//Edit - I see they will be having some renovations until October so probably not the best choice for your period of stay//

Hi all

cheers.

:D go to: asiarooms .com and you find some good deals booking through them rather than a travel agent or rack rates. feedback is left for each hotel as well. By far the best in hua hin is the Hilton hotel but still not quite that cheap as it is 5 star, but what a pad. :o

Hi all

cheers.

:D go to: asiarooms .com and you find some good deals booking through them rather than a travel agent or rack rates. feedback is left for each hotel as well. By far the best in hua hin is the Hilton hotel but still not quite that cheap as it is 5 star, but what a pad. :o

I wouldn't agree. But thats not the point. Its on the beach but expensive. So is the Sofitel, Marriet et al. They all cost aand after the Marriet heading South, they're not within walking distance of the town .

If you're prepared to be just a little in town, just off the road that provides the main access to the beach (in town), then there's a whole host of good value hotels, you don't need to go as far back as the petchkasen Road. Try Thipurai, PP villas, peonay, Hua Hin suites. Biu avoid City Beach, its bad.

Hilton, the best hotel in Hua Hin?

I cant say i agree at all, though i would have to admit it does have the best location by far.

Marriott, Anantara, Chiva Som, Hyatt are all in my opinion far better than the Hilton.

OP doesnt care about these though eh!! For 35 bux, with the wife and kids i head further south than Hua Hin to Dophon Bay, and we all love it. Far more relaxed, but then again its too far out of town for some.

Forgive me for my ignorance but is www.asiarooms.com NOT a travel agent? I would have thought that any business directly related to sitting on a plane and/or providing acceptable accomodation is a 'travel agent'. Please feel free to correct me....

• 4 weeks later...

I've just checked out Hua Hin village as I'm planning a few days down that way and the prices are quite high considering the OP wanted budget hotels/guest-houses - the low season price for a standard 'Villa 1 bedroom' are USD74 per night!

I've googled for Dophon Bay too and I can't find anything about it apart from on TV??

I'm in a similar position to the OP - I've got 4 adults, 1 young teenager and a baby so I'm looking for something like a villa or a reasonable hotel, someone mentioned a guesthouse in town - any personal recommendations?

Nikkijah

I've just found this place which fits my bill perfectly(unless someones got a bad report) and it may suit the OP too!

http://www.r24.org/ref24.php

Check out Kaenchan Beach Hotel, they have bungalows with up to 4 rooms at pretty good prices, makes me think there must be a reason, smelly matresses, miles and miles from the beach :o

Any experiences?

Looks fine if you want to stay in Cha-am - thats over 20k away from Hua Hin. Incidentally, your link takes you to Bangkok hotels.

I've just found this place which fits my bill perfectly(unless someones got a bad report) and it may suit the OP too!

Check out Kaenchan Beach Hotel, they have bungalows with up to 4 rooms at pretty good prices, makes me think there must be a reason, smelly matresses, miles and miles from the beach :o

Any experiences?

Looks fine if you want to stay in Cha-am - thats over 20k away from Hua Hin. Incidentally, your link takes you to Bangkok hotels.

Thats right Ollie, the OP wrote "Good Value For Money Family Hotel, in Hua Hin or Cha Am"

So what is the difference between the two? Apart from 20km before some smart arse says it!

Any experiences?

Thats right Ollie, the OP wrote "Good Value For Money Family Hotel, in Hua Hin or Cha Am"

So what is the difference between the two? Apart from 20km before some smart arse says it!

Oops, sorry - missed that!

How long have you got? It was better explained on another forum earlier, but my experience as well, Cha-am is spread out, no real centre, long beach and beach front, not a lot there, quiet, more Thai - but not as a pastiche.

Hua Hin, most things within walking distance, loads of resraurants and bars, bigger selection of hotels and guest houses, beach pretty good, lots of shops, new mall, more to do, more farang.