Small Hotplate Needed

Ozziepat

Apologies beforehand from a relative newbie if this has been asked about 100 times before. Now...

I have been searching in vain for a small (6" diameter or less), electric single-burner hotplate (I believe that's the same thing as a hob for some folks.). I know there are electric double-burner units with one small burner, and gas units are readily available, but for space and other reasons I have this specific need. If you've seen such a hotplate anywhere in Chiang Mai recently, please tell me where. I would also be willing to order one from Bangkok if that is the only solution offered. Thanks for reading this.

Get yourself an induction heater. Adjustable power to the hot plate from 1800 watt down to 400W. Make sure it has a timer. That way you can simmer a stew or whatever. Mine is a Hanabishi brand.

You will need a good saucepan/frypan with a steel plate on the base. It will not work with aluminium. The free pan most come with are so thin they're worthless. I bought some Zebra brand pans with lids, and they are worth the extra cost. Don't let the maid use metal spoons or forks in them. That wrecks the teflon insides.

The cooker cost me 900baht, but if you try you can pay a lot more for the same thing. Airport plaza has some good prices in the electrical section upstairs.

• Like 1

Procurez-vous un chauffage par induction. Puissance réglable de la plaque chauffante de 1800 watts jusqu'à 400W. Assurez-vous qu'il a une minuterie. De cette façon, vous pouvez laisser mijoter un ragoût ou autre. mienne est une marque Hanabishi.

Vous aurez besoin d'une bonne casserole / poêle avec une plaque d'acier sur la base. Il ne fonctionnera pas avec l'aluminium. Le plateau libre la plupart viennent avec sont si minces qu'ils ne valent rien. J'ai acheté des moules zébrées marque avec des couvercles, et ils sont vaut le coût supplémentaire. Ne laissez pas la bonne utilisation des cuillères ou fourchettes métal en eux. Que les épaves l'intérieur en téflon.

La cuisinière m'a coûté 900baht, mais si vous essayez, vous pouvez payer beaucoup plus pour la même chose. Airport Plaza a des bons prix dans la section électrique à l'étage.

I have exactly the same equipment and I confirm that it's perfect. Very efficient, small footprint, easy to clean and stepmother love too.
What more? giggle.gif

Get yourself an induction heater. Adjustable power to the hot plate from 1800 watt down to 400W. Make sure it has a timer. That way you can simmer a stew or whatever. Mine is a Hanabishi brand.

You will need a good saucepan/frypan with a steel plate on the base. It will not work with aluminium. The free pan most come with are so thin they're worthless. I bought some Zebra brand pans with lids, and they are worth the extra cost. Don't let the maid use metal spoons or forks in them. That wrecks the teflon insides.

The cooker cost me 900baht, but if you try you can pay a lot more for the same thing. Airport plaza has some good prices in the electrical section upstairs.

I also would endorse the induction cooker . I got mine from Invadeit but they don't seem to have appliances much now. They are safer , easy to keep clean and efficient.