House Insurance

wichianburi1

I've had renters insurance on a house I lived for two years, which I never met the landlord. The insurance policy was in my name. When I had a house built, on land my wife owns, I had a "permit to build" in my name. I had all utilities in my name. I had a yellow house book when I lived in a rental property. I have a yellow house book showing my current address in Buriram Province.

I have had home owners house insurance for where I currently live since 2008. In my name. The House insurance company paid a claim for an electrical fire with no hassle. I have had excellent service from a Thai Citizen, who has Swedish parents, was educated at the American School in Bangkok and speaks Thai and English fluently. I can recommend Eric Dohlan who owns E & I Insurance Broker Company Ltd in Phuket. I do not live anywhere near Phuket, but it was simple to have all information e-mailed. Payment on line or at any bank branch sure seems to work for eight years. But a "Western mindset" who knows the "real deal" in Thailand, since he was born and raised in Thailand, to explain things in perfect English and to help me avoid pitfalls with Health Insurance, House Insurance, Motorbike Insurance, even travel insurance and then the same licensed broker can explain anything in perfect Thai to my wife is a great resource for me in Buriram. So it has been my personal experience with three different house insurance companies that multiple year discounts are possible as well as the name on the policy, and the person who gets a direct claims payment into their Thailand bank account, can certainly be an expat on a retirement Visa. I'd wager what Visa you have makes no difference to the house insurance company in Thailand. You fill out a form, and list who "owns the policy" if I recall.

I've had "Thai Health Insurance" and then "BUPA Health Insurance" through Eric Dohlan. He is a licensed broker and he has made sure my BUPA no claims payment was on time, not to mention how to have no hassles at private hospitals when using the Thai Health health insurance and for the past six years the BUPA Health Insurance. He suggested I pass on OPD and concentrate on the coverage of inpatient health insurance. He was clear to me on being covered for an electrical fire prior to my first house insurance policy. He knows the real claims process in Thailand.

• Like 1