Is it possible to stay 8 months with tourist visa?

Wow, so it possible to stay more than 9 months. But isn't 6 month visa validity makes that a little bit hard? For this, I guess I need to fly Thailand the day I get the visa or the day after. Also visa runs have to be exact, and have to return Thailand the same day. Looks like 9 months needs very careful planning. I assumed 8 months was more possible to do.

Thanks for the info

As i understand it I dont think you can stay more than 9 months on a triple entry tourist visa as the visa expires 6 months after issue, so you must make sure you utilise your 3rd entry part just as it expires then you have 60 days plus 30 day extension from then ie

say you buy visa 1 week before you travel 1st October you then travel to thailand 7th October, you get 60 days to 6th Dec, plus 30 day extension to 5th Jan, do visa run return same day get 60 days to 7th March extend 30 days will take you to 6th April but your visa will expire 31st March so you must do a 3rd visa run before it expires taking you to 30th May plus 30 day extension takes you to 29th June.

The maximum days you are allowed to stay is 6 months plus the extension of 30 days. If your visa expires by 6 months than how can you stay 8 or nine months? Lets say you get ur visa extended on the last day of 6th month , you will get 30 days extension and thats it. Its simple.

The maximum days you are allowed to stay is 6 months plus the extension of 30 days. If your visa expires by 6 months than how can you stay 8 or nine months? Lets say you get ur visa extended on the last day of 6th month , you will get 30 days extension and thats it. Its simple.

No. Read above again, 8 or almost 9 months are possible.

As i understand it I dont think you can stay more than 9 months on a triple entry tourist visa as the visa expires 6 months after issue, so you must make sure you utilise your 3rd entry part just as it expires then you have 60 days plus 30 day extension from then ie

say you buy visa 1 week before you travel 1st October you then travel to thailand 7th October, you get 60 days to 6th Dec, plus 30 day extension to 5th Jan, do visa run return same day get 60 days to 7th March extend 30 days will take you to 6th April but your visa will expire 31st March so you must do a 3rd visa run before it expires taking you to 30th May plus 30 day extension takes you to 29th June.

He's already explained he intends to do the second entry 90 days after his first entry, stay 60 more day and do the third entry plus extension.

My formula is 60+30+60+60+30 days.

So that's approximately 3 months on the first entry, 2 months on the second and then about 5 months after he first entered which would, hopefully be less than six months after the visa was issued.

60+30+60+60+30 = roughly 8 months and he could probably get an extension of some length before the third entry depending on when the visa was issued and probably get a 7 day added on at the end if he wanted to spend Baht 1900 to have his final application rejected, which is why he'd get 7 days (or maybe 30 days if he did a visa exempt entry). 8 months plus several weeks added on to his "formula." Close to 9 months

Edited by Suradit69

The visas validity of 6 months is not the amount of time you can be in the country. It is only the amount of time you have to use all the entries allowed by the visa. That is why the visa sticker has an enter before date on it instead of an expiration date.

"Lets say you get ur visa extended on the last day of 6th month , you will get 30 days extension and thats it. Its simple."

You can't extend visas, ever.

Just before the visa expires he would exit and re-enter the country. That would given him a 60 day permission to stay and he could get another 30 day extension of that permission (not extension of a visa), So he could manage an additional 90 days from just before the expiration of the visa. It's simple indeed.

Edited by Suradit69

The visas validity of 6 months is not the amount of time you can be in the country. It is only the amount of time you have to use all the entries allowed by the visa. That is why the visa sticker has an enter before date on it instead of an expiration date.

Ubonjoe,

Do you ever get tired of answering the same questions day after day?? I sure am tired of reading the same questions,,555555

Sounds like a giant headache to me facepalm.gif

Not really. Those on repeated tourist visa just have to choose when and where to go. So many places to see around, it can be a pleasure too.

Personal preference, having to count days and make sure you are here by this time over and over, not for me

Personal preference, having to count days and make sure you are here by this time over and over, not for me

Absolutely, while others have no issue with booking a trip one or two months in advance and enjoy the expectation before the actual experience.

Absolutely, while others have no issue with booking a trip one or two months in advance and enjoy the expectation before the actual experience.

So we have established that human beings are different and we are all individuals, right?

Wow, so it possible to stay more than 9 months. But isn't 6 month visa validity makes that a little bit hard? For this, I guess I need to fly Thailand the day I get the visa or the day after. Also visa runs have to be exact, and have to return Thailand the same day. Looks like 9 months needs very careful planning. I assumed 8 months was more possible to do.

Thanks for the info

I did 60+30 x 3 no problem

Ur last entry must be before visa validity date. Mine was like 2 days before...

Left uk 2 weeks after i got visa.

So it gave me about 8 months in Thailand.

Edited by mataleo

Couple of years back crossing at Padang an immigration officer told me that the book (rule book?) shows it as expiration date. He stamps people in on the day and he said that most officers do but not all.

OP should have no problems with 8 months though I would go 60-30-60-30... rather than 60-30-60-60 because it leaves more options open.

As far as I know, 2 entry visa also has 6 month validity. Only single entry visa has 3 month validity.

Not always:

So does it depend on which country you get the visa?

For example, Sweden Thai Embassy FAQ says "Tourist visa double and triple entries having visa validity 180 days so you will be permitted to stay not exceeding 60 days per each entry". http://www.thaiembassy.se/minmapp/filer/pdf-pages/Visa/Frequently_Asked_Questions_new.pdf

So does Canada Thai embassy. "The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry) or 6 months (double or triple entries)" http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/types-visas-periods-stay-fees/tourist-visa

I thought that was standart. The visa you posted was dated 2009. Maybe the 6 month for double entry is the standart now.

So does it depend on which country you get the visa?

For example, Sweden Thai Embassy FAQ says "Tourist visa double and triple entries having visa validity 180 days so you will be permitted to stay not exceeding 60 days per each entry". http://www.thaiembassy.se/minmapp/filer/pdf-pages/Visa/Frequently_Asked_Questions_new.pdf

So does Canada Thai embassy. "The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry) or 6 months (double or triple entries)" http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/types-visas-periods-stay-fees/tourist-visa

I thought that was standart. The visa you posted was dated 2009. Maybe the 6 month for double entry is the standart now.

There is not much of a "standard" when it come to Thai visas. It depends on the issuing consulate or embassy.

There is not much of a "standard" when it come to Thai visas. It depends on the issuing consulate or embassy.

I'll get my triple from consulate in Istanbul. And I checked, they are giving 6 month validity for both double and triple visas.

If I'll get another one from neighbouring countries of Thailand, I'll check it again.