Is it possible to stay 8 months with tourist visa?

As far as I know, 2 entry visa also has 6 month validity. Only single entry visa has 3 month validity.

Not always:

So does it depend on which country you get the visa?

For example, Sweden Thai Embassy FAQ says "Tourist visa double and triple entries having visa validity 180 days so you will be permitted to stay not exceeding 60 days per each entry". http://www.thaiembassy.se/minmapp/filer/pdf-pages/Visa/Frequently_Asked_Questions_new.pdf

So does Canada Thai embassy. "The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry) or 6 months (double or triple entries)" [/size]http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/types-visas-periods-stay-fees/tourist-visa

I thought that was standart. The visa you posted was dated 2009. Maybe the 6 month for double entry is the standart now.

Was at Liverpool consulate last week and enquired about the validity period for a triple as it states on their website that tourist visas are valid for 3 months. She said that that was only for single entry tourist visas. A friend also obtained a double entry last year in Portland and that was with 6 months validity.

From the Thai Consulate Los Angeles:

Validity of visa
The validity of visa is 3 months.

The Tourist Visa fee is $40 per entry (up to two entries)

On another page of their website, they say this:

* A single-entry must be utilized within
3 months from the date of issue.
* Two-Entry Visa must be utilized
within 180 days from the date of issue.

Go figure. But, they do seem to be consistent about only giving a max of two entries.

Thai Embassy Washington says "three entries," but only good for three months, which makes three entries worthless.

Thai Embassy Washington says "three entries," but only good for three months, which makes three entries worthless.

Correct. In the US, contact an Honorary consult for alternatives.

The-Requirements-for-a-tourist-visa-in-T

Edited by paz

Correct. In the US, contact an Honorary consult for alternatives.

Wow, so there goes my theory of "maybe there's a standartization now". :) I didn't know it was that much consulate dependent. But 3 months validity for a triple visa is completely ridicilious, what were they thinking?

From the Thai Consulate Los Angeles:

Validity of visa

The validity of visa is 3 months.

The Tourist Visa fee is $40 per entry (up to two entries)

On another page of their website, they say this:

* A single-entry must be utilized within

3 months from the date of issue.

* Two-Entry Visa must be utilized

within 180 days from the date of issue.

Go figure. But, they do seem to be consistent about only giving a max of two entries.

Could be the same as the Liverpool consulate I mentioned above. Has you called them to see if the information is correct on their website?