Is Thailand really losing Russian arrivals?

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubel lost value.

Often Russian aren't very welcomed

The bad case of sending Victor Bout to USA without having any law that would justify it...just because USA want him.

Political troubles

Martial law

Many Russians don't speak English and there was a crackdown on the illegal working Russian tour guides

A collection of various reasons.

• Like 1

I hope Russian will choose another place , when you see how they are treated in this forum by some sexpat thinking they are better than anyone else ...and who define themselves as more Thai than Thais , I would rather be friend with a Russian than a narrow minded arrogant Brit or yank who think he is someone in here but in fact is not better than anyone else. Pathetic .... bah.gifbah.gif

And of course as a frog, you are familiar with the convivial way they carry on in their seaside resort of Pattayajetski?

and of course as a rosbeef you probably have all the answers .

Non non msieur, I am from the big empty that sits like a ten gallon 'at on top of the U.S.A., that we have to share with your ancestors.

But i do enjoy rosbif I admit.wink.png

Edited by ratcatcher

Has anyone considered the number of non Russian tourists stopping coming to los

as a result of the very rude Russians and there behaviour

bob regular thai visitor UK

That's a fair comment. I moved from Rawai because of the Russians, I have too many tales to know where to start with them but as a generalization, they're not good neighbours and they are arrogant and noisy tourists (not to mention ignorant when it comes to little things like queues etc)

I hope Russian will choose another place , when you see how they are treated in this forum by some sexpat thinking they are better than anyone else ...and who define themselves as more Thai than Thais , I would rather be friend with a Russian than a narrow minded arrogant Brit or yank who think he is someone in here but in fact is not better than anyone else. Pathetic .... bah.gifbah.gif

I hear your opinion, but I am curious if you actually live in a place where the majority of people you are surrounded with everyday have been Russian tourists for YEARS. Because if not, it's hard to see how such a person could have an INFORMED opinion about Russian tourist behavior (as a generality) in Thailand.

This post written in Jomtienski, Thailussia

well I can reply to you , I have been to Russia over 23 times in the last decade , 21 years living in Thailand and been surrounded by many nationalities , the behavior of Russian tourists is not worse than any other nationalities ... judging people or a country only on the fact that you live in pattaya is disgraceful .. dont think you are better than anyone you are only a guest in Thailand like the rest of all the farang here

Well i have never met a Russian who was NOT RUDE, ARROGANT, LOUD MOUTHED, ETC ETC.

• Like 1

The beaches are free and are owned by nobody and anyone should have the right to go to the beach without being forced to rent a beach chair. Have you had your head in the sand or have you not seen the beach chair vendor kicking sand on a tourist because she sat on the beach.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Imaginary Russian as always sexy as in the picture above.

The real one is Pattaya are mostly old, fat, urgy.

Worst of all, they are so cheap stake, they refuse to even pay for a beach chair, and thinks that Thai beach are for free! This is Thailand, not Freeland.

The Germans are different.

They don't mind pay for the whole day (shade + chair), but only stay for half and hour

And of course as a frog, you are familiar with the convivial way they carry on in their seaside resort of Pattayajetski?

I always thought Lauren was a woman's name..... maybe I got mixed up with Sophia......

• Like 1

I always thought Lauren was a woman's name..... maybe I got mixed up with Sophia......

Lauren is but Laurent is a french masculine given name and a surname as in Yves St. Laurent

• Like 1

>>>>>>Political disturbances followed by martial law, the coup and curfew hit the arrivals greatly.

Most significantly, all those events took place during the high season from November to May.>>>>>

Am I misreading this? Surely martial law, coup and curfew took place after May 22nd.

And is May really high season?

I hear your opinion, but I am curious if you actually live in a place where the majority of people you are surrounded with everyday have been Russian tourists for YEARS. Because if not, it's hard to see how such a person could have an INFORMED opinion about Russian tourist behavior (as a generality) in Thailand.

well I can reply to you , I have been to Russia over 23 times in the last decade , 21 years living in Thailand and been surrounded by many nationalities , the behavior of Russian tourists is not worse than any other nationalities ... judging people or a country only on the fact that you live in pattaya is disgraceful .. dont think you are better than anyone you are only a guest in Thailand like the rest of all the farang here

I'm not anti Russian, I just prefer people who arn't loud, rude, racist, narrow minded and ignorant.

Don't be so harsh. I have met some French who are actually quite nice.

• Like 1

I'm not anti Russian, I just prefer people who arn't loud, rude, racist, narrow minded and ignorant.

So, you don't like Brits?

Fortunately with brit's it seems it's not a national trait,, However with Russians ,,,,,,,by general opinion seems it could well be .

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, I also hope the Russians will choose another place

• Like 1

and of course as a rosbeef you probably have all the answers .

laurentbkk-You are living proof why everyone hates the french!

@laurentbkk- you need to take it easy there. sexpats dont like to be called sexpats for some reason.

Don't be so harsh. I have met some French who are actually quite nice.

I take it they weren't Parisians then.

• Like 1

I have not been brushed into...knocked off a sidewalk...since they quit coming...

Who the hell cares...let the beautiful young women come...keep the mafia...foul mouthed...spoiling for a fight males...in the Ukraine...