photocopies for 90 day report?

For the second time today asked for 3 photocopies at Samut Prakan, no point in asking why. No problem with it as the service there is excellent, but in the previous 10 years have never been asked until this year. Is this a rule that most ignore?

Guess it depends on the office, yesterday I went to Phitsanulok office to do my 90 day report, arrived about 8.10 am after dropping my boy to school, walked in to take a seat and wait till opening time of 8.30, a lady was sitting behind the desk in T shirt and jeans who I assumed was the cleaner, she raised her eyebrows in a way to say " yes, can I help" so I simply said 90 day, she held out her hand took the TM47 and passport filled out the bottom section stamped and signed it - handed it back pointing to the expiry date of my extension - I said thank you very much and walked out about 8.13 am all done and dusted.

Now that's what I call good service.

• Like 1

Guess it depends on the office, yesterday I went to Phitsanulok office to do my 90 day report, arrived about 8.10 am after dropping my boy to school, walked in to take a seat and wait till opening time of 8.30, a lady was sitting behind the desk in T shirt and jeans who I assumed was the cleaner, she raised her eyebrows in a way to say " yes, can I help" so I simply said 90 day, she held out her hand took the TM47 and passport filled out the bottom section stamped and signed it - handed it back pointing to the expiry date of my extension - I said thank you very much and walked out about 8.13 am all done and dusted.

Now that's what I call good service.

Wow just missed ya, but we stopped foe coffee on the way. biggrin.png

There is no requirement for anything more than the TM47 form and your passport at most offices,

I did a 90 day report yesterday and took copies of the passport ID page, departure card, visa page and the page with the visa stamp.

None of it was needed at all, he handed it back to me and just processed the form I'd filled out.

This was in Hua Hin.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in CM, only one copy of TM47, copy of relevant passport pages, copy of proof of residence, and passport required.

Last time, June 14, no proof of residence required, but passport, TM47, plus copy of departure card, passport picture page, and current visa. That's every time, which makes me wonder...

Some have reported that they are also asking for a copy of the back of the departure card... Which is blank... 8-)

That's in the instructions for mailing in your 90 day report. Does anyone know why?

• Fully completed and signed notification form TM.47

• Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in Thailand or latest visa stamp)

• Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)

• Copies of previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

• Stamped addressed envelope to facilitate return of the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept by the applicant for future reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

www.bia.co.th/legalupdates/Immigration%20article%20210211.doc

Edited by thailiketoo

There was time years ago when departure cards did have printing on the back is where that comes from. Also there have been some cases of a immigration officer doing the entry stamp on the back of the card.

If there is nothing on the back of the card there is no need to make the copy.

Anyone know how early I can do a 90 day report.
I know I can be up to 5 days late but think I saw somewhere it can be done 10 days early.
Want to get my next one out of the way asap

It is 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including the report date.

Anyone know how early I can do a 90 day report.
I know I can be up to 5 days late but think I saw somewhere it can be done 10 days early.
Want to get my next one out of the way asap

It is 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including the report date.

That's great and thank you