Research

Wanderlust

BTW My 'business' is a US-based Non-profit/NGO/Registered charity so I doubt we'd ever be bucking heads.

For god's sake JL. Stop mentioning NGO. Unless established 20 years ago with proven track record, new "foundations" can't be anchored within a legal (Tax) system anymore in the so called "Western World".

Why? Western salaries with little local beneficial effect to the local population.( to the extreme = see Cambodia).

What has all this to do with the OP's statement? OP has re-invented the wheel and wants to turn it into a marketing success in Thailand. I am afraid that OP will take refuge within the NGO community, once he discovers that the wheel was already invented in Thailand.

JL, I hope you are in the clear as far as the IRS (internal Revenue Service) is concerned. As I gather, they have little understanding for people that have a tendency to "disappear". May it be for 2 months or 20 years

JL, you will not loose sleep over it and neither will I.

Cheers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I sleep very tight. BTW as to taking refuge in the NGO system look at the guy in the 'Ask the Lawyer' section who wants to know how many work permits can an NGO have.

BTW I do not raise or disburse funds or even pay myself a salary in USA, Thailand, or anywhere else. It exists solely as a legal entity e.g. there are government or private foundation grants or non-financial benefits that are only available to a registered US NGO

Edited by JLCrab

jlcrab, why are you so argumentative. All this guy asked for was some information about ex-pat population, bars/restaurants that cater for falangs in Isaan. So far all you have done is give him crap. If you had to drive to somewhere in Thailand that you didn't know how to get to, and you came on here asking for directions would you expect to get a load of crap spewed at you.

What does it matter to you what his ideas are, because it's obvious that even if it was the best idea in the world, that you don't have the spare cash to invest. I actually know what his plans are, and although I don't actually think that there is the opportunity for him to be a success in Isaan, what right do I have to critiscise him.

• Like 1

Quote OP:

#1 Now thank you again for sharing your impressions of Khon Kaen,

#2: I would agree with both your last posts

I get crap spewed on my all the time on here. I just remember this from The Sting:

Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.

Gondorff: And?
Hooker: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.
Henry Gondorff: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.