Interview

HI

My wife put in her application for a settlement visa in June but now has to attend for an interview in August with ECO what does ECO stand for.and if the interview is successful will she get the visa there and then?As i will be in Thailand when she attends and ideally i would like to get her on the same flight back to the UK

binnsy :o

HI

My wife put in her application for a settlement visa in June but now has to attend for an interview in August with ECO what does ECO stand for.and if the interview is successful will she get the visa there and then?As i will be in Thailand when she attends and ideally i would like to get her on the same flight back to the UK

binnsy :o

At the interview you'll be told that it's not possible for you to go into the interview boothe with her. If you want to, insist on it. I did and they eventually agreed. Also be aware that if all doesn't go to plan she may have to attend a second interview, which could be several weeks more. Don't book the airplane ticket just yet.

Very best of luck to you both

GeoffPhuket

At the interview you'll be told that it's not possible for you to go into the interview boothe with her. If you want to, insist on it. I did and they eventually agreed.
From Diplomatic Service Procedures - Entry clearance Volume 1 - General instructions, Chapter 8 – How to apply for an entry clearance – the process, 8.13 - Interviews, Sponsors
UKvisas current policy is that Posts have discretion on whether or not to admit sponsors to interviews. There is no blanket ban on sponsors attending. Equally they have no automatic right to attend. It is preferable to conduct the interview with the applicant alone, seeing the sponsor separately if necessary.

(My Emphasis)

This is mainly to ensure 3 things:-

1. There is no undue pressure being put on the applicant by the sponsor.

2. No prompting by the sponsor.

3. If the sponsor does want to speak to the ECO, or vice versa, then this is usually done separately to ensure consistency between the sponsor and the applicant.

Vinny,Geoffphuket.GU22.Scouse

Thanks for the comments i think i will let her go in alone as if i insist in attending it might well get the ECO's backup!!

What ever the out come i will have a few beers to either celebrate or drown my sorrows

binnsy