Missing Redshirt ends up as militant suspect

webfact

Hahahahah yeah Scamper was a pretty good guy, was an ardent protest supporter, who was very knowledgeable about the constitution, I've not seen him post anything since the coup :(

Mike, thanks for the compliment, I try to keep my posts readable, not sure about the intelligent part, but I have my moments, I do appreciate some well thought out answers and responses, even though I give some posters like Ginjag a hard time, it's never done with malice, I'd buy pretty much anyone a beer and get to know them better, and if I didn't like them, I'd just be polite and say " shhhhhh you're boring me and my bovine scatology detectors are in overdrive here!! " :D

Anyway, if Krutsida is guilty, then jail her, and move onto the next trouble making <deleted> that spoils it for everyone else in the country!!

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murders were commited, people died and we will never know if these guys are guilty of it or not. They are presumed guilty so no one will believe it if they say otherwise. If they get convicted of the crimes, who with a clear mind can accept the circumstances surrounding their arrests.

A guy gets detained by the military and taken off to an undisclosed location to spend quality time with the military for a few days. Next time we see the guy, the police have him dressed up in black with a red armband. The new chief of the Royal Thai Police points his finger and identifies him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with the security forces.

Then we read further and see .... "I will not disclose how and where they were arrested," the police chief told reporters. "I cannot tell our investigation methods to other bandits out there.” And then we read ..... However, Thai police have a history of parading suspects in front of the media and extracting confessions from them that are later retracted.

How on earth can anyone have faith in any of this. We all want murderers caught, convicted and punished. I hope these are the guys that did it, because they have already been gift wrapped and presented to the world as guilty.

If they aren't, God help them, they don't stand a chance.

Interesting views, really.

BTW where did it say the news chief of the RTP identified one of the four suspects ?

You actually need to read the OP to find that out rubl. You could try this, 3rd sentence.

"Yesterday, Mr. Kittisak emerged at a police press conference where the new chief of the Royal Thai Police, Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang, identified him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with security forces during the mass Redshirt protests in April 2010."

In this case I would imagine the word "identified" would have been more accurately translated as "pointed out" or more formerly, "introduced" to the reporters as an explanation of who they were - it should not be taken to mean that the new RTA Police Chief is an eyewitness to the events on April 10th.

Right.

Mind you, if I wrote in a suggestive style like dear Chaz, you'd be all over me with accusations and insults like 'shameless' and 'hypocrisy'.

Still nice to see you're straight and consistent thumbsup.gif

Rubi has me me dead to rights on being suggestive saying the Police Chief pointed at the guy like he witnessed the crime, I was. But the Chief of Police had his hand on the guys arm, made him dress up like the bad guys and told the world press that they caught the guys that did it.

I wanted people to see that regardless of guilt or innocence, they have made impartial judging impossible.

• Like 1

Rubi has me me dead to rights on being suggestive saying the Police Chief pointed at the guy like he witnessed the crime, I was. But the Chief of Police had his hand on the guys arm, made him dress up like the bad guys and told the world press that they caught the guys that did it.

I wanted people to see that regardless of guilt or innocence, they have made impartial judging impossible.

This type of dress up and re-enact is endemic in Thailand. Even on television you see lots of it.

Mind you, courts work with evidence and without juries.

• Like 1

They should be hanged for treason.

How dare people make a stand against an unelected government!

Actually those guys are accused of standing up to the Abhisit government which was composed of elected MPs who selected an PM.

• Like 1

I think quite a few Police Forces in the West actually do re-enactments, as it also jolts peoples memories, obviously the ones involving weapons have to be handled with sensitivity, last thing the public needs to see is re-enactment thinking it's the real thing!!

If I was a detective, I'd be looking at how these guys handle themselves, how they handle the weapons etc, are they holding it like they just seen it for the first time? or are they looking professional and have good trigger discipline etc, that builds up a site picture too, as very quickly you can eliminte them being poorly trained/or "Military discipline" and that believe it or not assists in whether they were capable of actually hitting something, if he's just doing the Beirut Salute and spraying rounds all over the place, he's the bottom end of the scale, and more than likely doesn't even know who he's shooting at, or shooting alongside...an expendable asset.

It's the ones that have good TTP's and weapons handling that are worth squeezing more for information, as they're the more hardcore type, a little bit better paid, more disciplined and better marksmen (not always the case though).

I hope that they show some of the incriminating evidence against this woman, she struck me as being quite intelligent, not someone who would keep invoices for AK's lying around, or even a nominal roll of all the red shirt gunmen for that matter. However, if she's tried and found guilty, then it's no more than she deserves, but until she's found guilty, she's still innocent in the eyes of the Law, even though many here would think otherwise. Is it 100% certain she's done a runner? or is it still suspected that she's fled the country? I prefer to keep an open mind on these cases, until all the evidence is presented, there's two or 3 variables possible, and one of them could still be that she really is innocent, and the charges and evidence are bogus.. I'll wait till all the facts are in before I judge her.

• Like 1

This type of dress up and re-enact is endemic in Thailand. Even on television you see lots of it.

Mind you, courts work with evidence and without juries.

Reenactments may look silly, but they are very important to corroborate the testimony of the suspect. It's one thing to have the suspect say, "yeah, I shot at the soldiers with a gun" to have the suspect actually be in the same place and show his position and the direction he shot at, it can help to untangle ballistics for example.

It also serves to screen for false confessions, by comparing what the suspect does with available evidence (photographs, CCTV footage, etc).

• Like 1

Actually those guys are accused of standing up to the Abhisit government which was composed of elected MPs who selected an PM.

In my home country, when there was a change in government due to MPs switching alliances (even though it was only to a different leader in the same party), the new PM had the decency to immediately call elections.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

In my home country, when there was a change in government due to MPs switching alliances (even though it was only to a different leader in the same party), the new PM had the decency to immediately call elections.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tell us more about Noobland, especially the bit about politicians with "decency".

• Like 1

Right.

Mind you, if I wrote in a suggestive style like dear Chaz, you'd be all over me with accusations and insults like 'shameless' and 'hypocrisy'.

Careful, that Chief of Police was appointed by the junta. According to some on here that means he couldn't possibly be anything but impartial, though I note rubl "liked" your post - nice to see he's straight and consistent.

Right.

Careful, that Chief of Police was appointed by the junta. According to some on here that means he couldn't possibly be anything but impartial, though I note rubl "liked" your post - nice to see he's straight and consistent.

I liked the "Rubi has me me dead to rights on being suggestive "

Right.

There you go,cherrypicking again...................whistling.gif

There you go,cherrypicking again...................whistling.gif

Oh, lighten up, old chap.

You should be watching channel5 at the moment. "life in and around an army camp", real fun.smile.png

Yes Deerhunter, very well said, so as long as you agree that making sure the evidence is water tight, and a conviction can be guaranteed, then the re-enactments indeed serve a purpose, put the jigsaw together with the forensics and ballistics and it should all fit nicely.. irrespective of what colour their shirt is that they wear.

And if the ballistics and evidence don't match, then go and find the ones who were responsible.

I'm interested in why they said they fired on the reds too, the most plausable reason is to make the gunmen in the red camp think it was the Army who was firing at them, so that they started firin on the Army , and perhaps the red protesters were seen as collateral damage?

Shooting the reds just a tactic to claim the army were responsible for everything, kind of tactic a man with a square face would use, just my opinion of course.