How to apply online for Canadian visitor visa

I was assured at the consulate that I could apply online for my wife's visitor visa. But After filling out the forms I read that I need to pay before submitting the application, but there does not appear to be a mechanism to pay online. In fact it appears that she will have to go to Bangkok to pay. (700 km's away) and we are very short on time as we were told it would be 30 days to receive the visa. And we want to fly in late October.

Previously we just applied at the Canadian Embassy and were given the visa next day. But since we thought we could do it online we are now in a time crunch.

Has anyone applied online here and found a way to pay without going to Bangkok. Can I pay at the consulate in CM?

• 3 weeks later...

we just recently applied via the VAC office in bangkok and paid via mondy order (bank cheque) applied 8 augudt and it took exactly 12 working days. got a multiple entry visa stamp and upon entry received a 6 month stay. there is an avenue on the cic website fir credut card payments and scannable receipts

I should have returned to this thread.

Mmushroom's comments about being successful in making credit card payments gave me the confidence to try again. The Canadian government seems to go out of their way to over explain some things but not the stuff you want to know. Regardless, I finally just decided to just keep filling in the questions and moving to the next step and everything worked out very well.

We got a multi-entry visa in about 10 days, paid for online by credit card. It all seems simple in retrospect.

It is doable.

• Like 1