Next Pissup --- Aug 5

jdinasia

I really don't know the Island well yet But I am open to anywhere!

If it's gonna be a pain for me to get back to Kamala I'll just get a cheap guesthouse for the night :D

We'll be going back to Cherng Talay so we can offer you a lift and save you having to get a cheap guesthouse room advertised by a lovely young lady who then can't get home herself......

:o

Looks like I will be back in Phuket there! Friends visiting from home - and do not want to miss out on those 2 piss-heads! I will try to drag them along should I manage to be there on the 5th precisely. Cheers!

I really don't know the Island well yet But I am open to anywhere!

If it's gonna be a pain for me to get back to Kamala I'll just get a cheap guesthouse for the night :D

We'll be going back to Cherng Talay so we can offer you a lift and save you having to get a cheap guesthouse room advertised by a lovely young lady who then can't get home herself......

:o

Sadman ... If you will be drinking with the rest of us! I'll thank you kindly for the offer and crash <alone> in a guesthouse :D or Tuk Tuk it back if I can find a driver that is sober :D

Ok will get my thinking cap on. Totster is referring to the Freedom Bar in Rawai - they do have a live band on weekends and a decent garden lounge - also handy to home for me... :o

Other suggestions for Kata/ Karon area most welcome!

rawai sounds good as its 2 mins from my house :o

where is the Freedom bar then?

When you are heading down to Rawai beach it's just around the corner.

May be this time I'll be there as well.

But first going to my personal-piss up to Pattaya on the 28th.

Gerd

Rawai!? Ah, can we at least look at Karon/Patong beach - and preferably Patong beach - or at least close to...... Alternatively we can have the Phuket piss-up in Hua Hin! :o

Cheers!

Sure thing Firefan, suggestions please ... do you know any groovy spots in Kata/ Karon?

Ratri Jazztaurant on the Kata hill is funky, with fab views, a great deck and excellent jazz band, but not cheap. :D

Frankly, I can't think of any nice bars in the Kata/Karon area that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Even the beer bar areas are more expensive than Patong.

How about the Tamarind bar, not far from Chalong circle?

Booze prices reasonable, good food if you're hungry, very friendly owner and staff and best of all, it's by the water over-looking the yachts in the bay. Convenient for those who live north because you take a right onto the Bypass road and then it's straight all the way.

Anyway, just an idea.

now obviously i dont get out and about enough cos i have lived in this part of thailand since sept and i dont recognise any of the bar names at all :o

edited to add "note to self - must get a life ! "

Edited by smartecosse

ive not been living here long enough to know too much about these places you are mentioning (ditto smartecosse - get a life donna) but am open to anything.

jdinasia, i will probably (hopefully) be living close to you by then, so we can 'pool' in a tuk tuk if you like. i DO have a car, but dont want to not be able to drink - is that a bad thing?

ccbloom sounds nice. worth a look. i hope we dont have to sing bette midler songs whilst there....wind beneath my wings is a bit depressing really....the crying drunks and all....

i like joes downstairs, even though a water costs as much as a beer in there! but it leaves a huge dent in the wallet. not to worry if its not to often though.

i will check to see if i can get a discount at my place but its in patong.

but im already getting scared....firefan, we all know you want patong because you want another sighting of that katoeys boobies! or is it because you want to make out with me in the back of khalls toyo.....oops, was that meant to be a secret?

Donna; he,he - well first we have to get you to drink 4 drinks...... :o

As for Patong I have another idea! I had beers and Thai food with my mom last at sunset at some of the bars/restaurants right on the Patong beach - basically where Bangla road meets the beach. They had good happy hours with 40 Baht heineken Etc.(but cheap even after that), perfect beach view and good Thai food for less than 100 Baht.

If one of the "locals" walked down there and reserved a good table it would be a great spot to meet. I promise to be there on time this time!

Feels a bit "off' to me to be on a beach island and not have the beach/ocean view at the piss-up.....

Cheers!

Donna; he,he - well first we have to get you to drink 4 drinks...... :o

As for Patong I have another idea! I had beers and Thai food with my mom last at sunset at some of the bars/restaurants right on the Patong beach - basically where Bangla road meets the beach. They had good happy hours with 40 Baht heineken Etc.(but cheap even after that), perfect beach view and good Thai food for less than 100 Baht.

If one of the "locals" walked down there and reserved a good table it would be a great spot to meet. I promise to be there on time this time!

Feels a bit "off' to me to be on a beach island and not have the beach/ocean view at the piss-up.....

Cheers!

Sounds perfect for me :D

Thanks,

Gerd

Why dont you guys consider the Ska Bar under the big tree nest to Kata Pen Seafood Restaurant on the southern end of Kata Beach? I am sure that you could negotiate with the owner Khun Ring for a discounted price. Also if you don't like Reggae music she has plenty to choose from.

Chalong:

Tamarind Bar - great location, not expensive, nice food and a stones throw from my house!

(might as well have the party at my place!)

Rawai:

Nikitas - great venue, not expensive and has been host to the first Phuket Pissup!

Freedom - Dont really like the place myself, but i guess i can go there if thats what everyone wants

Kata:

Mellow bar - nice open bar, reasonable prices good tunes and close to the action should any of you dirty old buggers wanna head that way!

Achor Bar - My local, good prices, decent grub, ok venue.

Karon:

Our House - nice venue, not expensive, i know the owner so can probably get us some kind of deal

Patong:

Dragon disco :o

Never let it be said that Wolfie doesnt do anything for you...

George has kindly offered to make this an "Offical" party and buy a few changs to get the ball rolling...

... but...

We need to get a strong idea of numbers and we need to decide on a venue. So, lets get the ball rolling and get an idea of venue.

Personally i think Kata/Karon would be a more central location on the island, but its upto you lot.

I have opened a new thread with a Poll on it (i couldnt figure out how to add a poll to this topic, sorry!) So i'll close this thread now so we dont end up with multiple threads covering the same topic!

New topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76446