Doc needed to get NonO for retirment in Lao, Vientiane?

I am confused, on there website it says police report and medical report. I will be doing this myself at end of November.

Info is for a OA visa not a non-o. First words of the info says "For the purpose of long-stay retirement" which is not what a non-o is for.

Just an error on the website.

Thanks Ubonjoe. I am on a 60 day tourist visa, i will get 30 day stamp and that will give me until November 27th that will be full 90 days.

I will turn 50 on November 23rd and my visa expires on the 27th . Si Racha immigration says I need to come 15 days before my visa expires to apply for Non O It looks like I need to go to Laos for Non O or Non OA Any advise is welcome.

Thanks !!

Thanks Ubonjoe. I am on a 60 day tourist visa, i will get 30 day stamp and that will give me until November 27th that will be full 90 days.

I will turn 50 on November 23rd and my visa expires on the 27th . Si Racha immigration says I need to come 15 days before my visa expires to apply for Non O It looks like I need to go to Laos for Non O or Non OA Any advise is welcome.

Thanks !!

You could do a border crossing to get a visa exempt entry but unless your are from a G7 country you would only get 15 days, But if only15 days you can now extend it for 30 days and then do the conversion.

The price for the non-o or the conversion is the same 2000 baht. With the non-o you only need one trip to immigration to do the extension.

You would not get a OA visa in Laos you can only get them in your home country or country of legal residence.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK thanks I am from the United States, there is so much confusing infomation in here. thanks for your help.

You will get 30 days at a border crossing. You can get a visa exempt entry because you have been on a tourist visa the restrictions are only on back to back exempt entries.

Bank book or Letter of income from Embassy should be good also.

You can get your income affidavit from the embassy and use a copy of that if needed to get the non-o. Just show the original if they ask to see it. Then use the original to get the extension.

Please also note that some Immigration offices, Phuket for example for the first Retirement Visa only gives three months ad then you have to go back to extend for a year. Therefore you need the money in the bank if relying on funds for four months and it costs about 1900Baht each time. After the first year, second time onwards you need the money 800,000Baht for 3 months to get a one year visa.

Edited by FiestyFarang

Please also note that some Immigration offices, Phuket for example for the first Retirement Visa only gives three months ad then you have to go back to extend for a year. Therefore you need the money in the bank if relying on funds for four months and it costs about 1900Baht each time. After the first year, second time onwards you need the money 800,000Baht for 3 months to get a one year visa.

Why 4 months?

For the first step of applying for a non immigrant visa the money only has to be in the bank on the date you apply it does not need to in the bank for 60 days.

There are only 2 offices I know of that will do both the visa and the extension in one visit.

Why go if you can apply locally at Immigration in Thailand, unless you want a holiday?

He needs more time on his entry to do the conversion to a non immigrant visa entry. His office is going by the rule that says you need 15 days remaining on the entry.