He Won't Be Stealing Again

bulzit

Man killed moments after he steals man-hole covers.

Police from Banglamung were called to Soi Sukumvit 79 in Nongprue to investigate a suspected murder which appears to be connected with the theft of man-hole covers which is a persistent problem here in the Pattaya area as we have reported previously here on Pattaya City News. The dead man is Khun Migiet aged 25 who was found slumped over the driver’s seat of his White Toyota Corolla. On the back seat of the car were six man-hole covers which can be easily re-sold for scrap. It appears that he had stolen the covers from this Soi moments before after Police discovered six exposed draining holes on the side of the road. He had been shot once in the chest; however, witnesses mentioned hearing a total of five shots. No one saw the shooter or anything else suspicious and Police are only left with theories as to why the murder took place. The main theory suggests that this was a revenge attack by a local resident because of the persistent thefts and another suggests a problem with another man-hole cover thief. For now, Police have few leads.

That's a grate thing to say.......if his family take offence to your words, their lawyer may sewer you.

I trust that your wit is now drained of further comment.

Careful there mouse, your "holier than thou" attitude could get you capped !!!

That's a grate thing to say.......if his family take offence to your words, their lawyer may sewer you.

I just heard the police are looking into it.

I just heard the police are looking into it.

This is one of those cases where the further you look into it, the more it stinks. :o

I just hate riding a motorcycle down those roads in the wee hours of the morning when the manhole covers are missing.

I once had a friend visiting in Bangkok and during a big rain storm, after the streets were still flooded, he stepped off the curb and someone had taken the manhole cover and he went straight down the hole. He ended up in the hospital for about a week. Seems there are some nasy germs lurking in those holes.

I thought all the "man-hole covers" were in Boyztown ? :o

This post has hit the nail on the head. i think it is important we go back to the original poster and clarify what he actually meant by "manhole covers". Did he mean shreddies, boxers, y-fronts, even thongs ? Or did he mean manhole covers ? Puts a whole new spin on the case if the body was found next to a pile of soiled undies !!!! :D

and another suggests a problem with another man-hole cover thief

As if there is a shortage of man-hole covers to steal in the area. And, I had never heard that man-hole cover thieves were armed.

I bet that it was the local residents. I do not believe that the stealing of man-hole covers should be punishable by death, but citizens are not given the luxury of deciding on the number of years that someone should go to prison. When the government does not do its job, citizens usually end up doing it by going well beyond where they should. I think the citizens could have dragged him out of the car and given him a right beating, and then called the police. The government takes a strong stance against people who steal from it. he would have done many years in jail.

I remember a motorcycle thief in Phnom Penh being beating to death by the residents, and I hear that the same goes on in rural Thailand.

May God have mercy on his soul.

I do not believe that the stealing of man-hole covers should be punishable by death,

In a country were people get shot for chearing at football matches, where farangs kill whores just for being whores.... :o

Bugger.................everyones knicked my one-liners :D

:o

Ditto!

Oh well, sometime you just have to go to the bottom of the sewer tobe able to come back out.

He helped by opening the doors. May he rest in peace. and sh1t.

The correct term is foul/storm water access covers, as they can be accessed by either sex, so the term man hole covers is incorrect :o

but eitherway, you need a fair amount of them to make it worthwhile nicking them, he should have gone for brass, thats $7000 a tonne (scrap) at the moment (there is a worldwide shortage of brass)

But the best at the moment is lead or copper (copper $11000 a tonne and lead $15000 a tonne)

Cast iron is $3000 a tonne :D

No, I think it still is manhole cover. I don't think the Thai's are politically correct

More to the point.. can't imagine any thai ladies being employed to work inside these holes anyway.. so the term Manhole cover is correct

totster :o

No, I think it still is manhole cover. I don't think the Thai's are politically correct

More to the point.. can't imagine any thai ladies being employed to work inside these holes anyway.. so the term Manhole cover is correct

totster :D

I cant see why not, seems there are more women on building sites than blokes, but they are still access covers and always have been and its not PC :o

They have always been access covers, its just been given that name by people who dont know what they are

Why not just call them Unisex Whole Covers...that should just about Cover every gender in Patters.....unless ofcourse the gender is Half and Half :o

What about the "holes of the second category" ? Would they need seperate covers ?

Keeping in mind that not all holes were created equal, with some being larger than others, and some allowing a "grater" flow than others ! :D

City Hall could create a "hole" new department to deal with these holes. :D

On a profit making note.......

Think of a material that can be used instead of the cast steel , cheaper no use to anybody and your on a winner................

Wood with metal braces would do it.

Reinforced concrete with a steel rim.

Make the things so you cannot easily remove them.