100 Dsi, Police Officers Raid Koh Samui, Arrest Briton

george

I would have bet money the word was lacks.....

However Collins & Merriam Webster both have it as : lackadaisical ;

lacking vitality & purpose ; lazy & careless ; lacking life spirit or zest.

Well done boys.

Rather than lazy I see the land office officials as greedy bastards who get rich selling off public lands ; irregardless

ha ha very funny. If you treat something with regard it implies a courtesy or respect. if you are regardless you are without respect. Likewise if you treat something with irregard, it is without respect. To treat something with irregardless, is without no respect , a double negative, a no-no. Irregardless and with regard are synonomous.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if this "Peter Watkins Jones" is the same Peter Jones that owns the Samui Bungy jump, the Aussie pub West of Big Budda, part owner of Coco Blues, part owner of the sailing club and developer of townhouses on Samui?

This Peter is an Aussie while the report says he's a Brit. About the same age. Anyway, wondering if it's the same guy.

And Crispin what's is name being the same guy who runs and owns Samui Phangan Real Estate Magazine?

Brahmburgers: how excellent to see the use of the word "lacksadasical" ! ! I so enjoy to discover the fact that there are still people in this world who actually use the english language properly and to it's fullest extent ! !

Hi Jaapfries

Here Here...There are many self opinionated over egotistical prigs writing nonsensical diatribe on this forum that this is a breath of fresh air.

Phew, think I will go and lie down now! :o

TBWG :D

Even more oddly, my copy seems to have omitted the word ommited.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

My copy doesn't have the word "gullible". :D:D

I'd just like to say hello to member "eddieold" who is member number 574 but has made only 24 posts! Keep 'em coming eddie! :D

And then there's "chuckd" member 131 who's made 199 posts! Slow down chuck! :D

And finally, "chuckygobyebye", member 527, posts 40! What is going on here? :o

Back on topic... I hope the cops get more of the scum that cheat and lie to farangs, and ruin their dreams of retirement.

The Samui land grab has been a big topic in the Thai news for several weeks. Now it takes 100 officers to arrest a (probaly low-ranking) land officer and two "ordinary people"? They were "using influence to pressure local businesses and people to sell business and land to them"? How does that work in practice? And then bribe the one officer who was arrested to forge land papers, and if more were bribed, why weren't they arrested as well? What about the head of the land office? Wait, there was a foreigner arrested and thre more involved... They sent money received (from abroad) for overpriced property back abroad. Money leaving Thailand, now this is sinister.

Good it was just one lowly officer and a bunch of farangs, not corrupt politicians and their cronies. Biggest bull I've read in a long time even considering that TIT.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/18Jul2006_news08.php

If you had any knowledge of the biker gang Bandidos, as they are alleged to belong to, your question would be superfluous. Not long ago a gang member fired a military rocket into the compound of the rival gang. And the gang responded by mowing down a member at the airport with a submachinegun. (The events could have happened in reverse order, i don't remember the exact details) Torture and murder are commonplace. That sure "influences" most normal people. If someone threatens to gangrape your daughter while you are forced to watch, I would consider it as "influence to pressure". if someone suggest they will burn down your house with your family inside while you are sleeping, I would also consider it as "influence to pressure".

I agree with the above sentiments, but I want to ask a question: why is it that the *(top) Thai elements are never caught, or remain at-large, while foreign criminal elements are apprehended and paraded around? What exactly is the foreign gang's "influence"?

Yesterday, there was another article about high ranking TRT politicians on Samui. Somehow, they always seem to evade the police and "justice" systmem here.

The question is who wins and who loses here? Why were foreigners allowed to buy and sell land to other foreigners? This is a bit confusing to me.

hmmm. Back to my questions.

I'd be very much surprised to learn that the actual intention behind these arrests was to catch any lawbreakers. More likely, some puuyai's toes were getting stepped on somehow by those arrested and a favour was called in. :o

Yep. Getting warmer.

The Samui land grab has been a big topic in the Thai news for several weeks. Now it takes 100 officers to arrest a (probaly low-ranking) land officer and two "ordinary people"? They were "using influence to pressure local businesses and people to sell business and land to them"? How does that work in practice? And then bribe the one officer who was arrested to forge land papers, and if more were bribed, why weren't they arrested as well? What about the head of the land office? Wait, there was a foreigner arrested and thre more involved... They sent money received (from abroad) for overpriced property back abroad. Money leaving Thailand, now this is sinister.

Good it was just one lowly officer and a bunch of farangs, not corrupt politicians and their cronies. Biggest bull I've read in a long time even considering that TIT.

Bingo. Thanks for verbalizing what I was alluding to in my questions.

Does anybody know if this "Peter Watkins Jones" is the same Peter Jones that owns the Samui Bungy jump, the Aussie pub West of Big Budda, part owner of Coco Blues, part owner of the sailing club and developer of townhouses on Samui?

This Peter is an Aussie while the report says he's a Brit. About the same age. Anyway, wondering if it's the same guy.

And Crispin what's is name being the same guy who runs and owns Samui Phangan Real Estate Magazine?

If you Google "Crispin Samui" you will find the anwser: http://www.networksamui.com/friends.html (Which is "Yes").

He also runs "Captain Caveman Dive Centre". Remember: all are innocent until proven guilty.

Edited by Jai Yen Yen

Doubtful any real retribution will befall the Thais involved. They're so quick with excuses, and the Thai legal system is so quick to pardon anyone important. We hear much about corrupt and lacksadasical police in Samui - when will we see some effective cleaning up in that dept? Note; the special police teams were brought in from outside the island.

===============================================================

Brahmburgers: how excellent to see the use of the word "lacksadasical" ! ! I so enjoy to discover the fact that there are still people in this world who actually use the english language properly and to it's fullest extent ! !

By the way; the true gleaning & cleaning of the widely published land-fraud situations in places like Phuket, Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Tao et all, is well over-due and I for one, am happy that things are being actually being done !

:o

English is always capitalized.

Two days ago Bangkok Land Offices announces the invstigation of TRT members involved in the Samui land deals. The farangs involved are probably not clean, but the tactic of switch and bait spins the guilt away from government toward farangs. Perfect politics of smoke and mirrors and everyone bites on the bait.

I believe I believe

Best not to get involved in any business transaction larger than the purchase of beer.

If you had any knowledge of the biker gang Bandidos, as they are alleged to belong to, your question would be superfluous. Not long ago a gang member fired a military rocket into the compound of the rival gang. And the gang responded by mowing down a member at the airport with a submachinegun. (The events could have happened in reverse order, i don't remember the exact details) Torture and murder are commonplace. That sure "influences" most normal people. If someone threatens to gangrape your daughter while you are forced to watch, I would consider it as "influence to pressure". if someone suggest they will burn down your house with your family inside while you are sleeping, I would also consider it as "influence to pressure".

The Nation article says nothing about this being an armed motorcycle gang and as I said above, the Reuters article quoted by JaiDee clarifies things and I don't want to sound like I side with these crooks. Still, I haven't heard of armed farang gangs firing rockets and submachineguns, not even on this board. As if there wasn't enough going on to depress land price in the tourist resorts of Thailand...

Commandos arrest two Britons, two Danes and three Thai nationals for money laundering

KOH SAMUI: -- Thai commandos on Tuesday arrested two Britons, two Danes and three Thai nationals on suspicions of money laundering in a pre-dawn crackdown on their houses in the southern resort island of Samui in Surat Thani province, said a local TNA reporter.

About 100 armed police, led by Pol.Gen. Dussadee Areeya, chief of Department of Special Investigation Police's Information Technology, raided houses and businesses belonging to the seven suspects at 05.45 am and apprehended all of them on court order.

The TNA reporter said police had confiscated some documents found during the search. Thai police acted on the tip off from Danish police about a foreign money laundering racket that has operated in Thailand with its network in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui. The gang members have also involved in drug and faced an arrest for extortion.

The two Britons and two Danes were identified as Peter Watkin Jones, Crispin Paton-Smith, Peter Rosenberg, Kim Lingard Nilson while the Thais were identified as Pramuan Somwong, a government land officer, Sam-rerng Buanak and Pratheep Muangkaew. Pramuan has been charged with government document forging.

Pol. Gen. Dussadee said the gang operated through a land company jointly set up with the Thai nationals.

''Once they sold a piece of land to a buyer, they would add that buyer as the company's board member and only part of the money from the deal would change hands in Thailand and the rest transferred to overseas,'' said the police general.

--TNA 2006-07-18

Samui 'Bandidos gang' busted

KOH SAMUI: -- Police have arrested three members of the Bandidos, an international motorcycle gang allegedly engaged in Mafia-type activities, such as the drug trade and money laundering.

About 100 officers with the Department of Special Investigation (DSI), crime-suppression police and anti-money-laundering force participated in the raid on the suspects' hilltop house-cum-office on Samui Island, a popular tourist resort situated 450 kilometres south of Bangkok in the Gulf of Thailand.

"We've been getting complaints for some time about this gang running protection rackets, forcing small businesses to sell out to them and engaging in illegal land sales," said a DSI spokesman, Colonel Piyawat Kingkeow.

Arrested were two British nationals - Peter Watkin-Jones, 40, and Crispin John Grandvil Papon-Smith, 40 - and Danish national Kim Lindegaard Nielsen, 36.

The gang's suspected leader, Danish national Peter Buch Rosenberg, 35, had recently left the island for Denmark. Thailand plans to request his extradition to face criminal charges in the kingdom, Piyawat said.

"This gang has been under police observation for money-laundering activities for some time now," said the colonel, who noted that the suspects had made more than 300 bank transactions over the past two years worth 3 billion baht (79 million dollars).

Samui residents have lodged complaints against the foreigners for asking them for protection money, forcing restaurants and small businesses to sell out to them and buying and selling land to foreigners using forged documents.

The Danish embassy to Thailand has been cooperating with Thai police in investigating the gang.

"The Bandidos started out as an American motorcycle gang, riding Harley Davidsons and so on, and eventually, they spread to Europe," Piyawat said. "But they aren't all criminals, only about 1 per cent."

The DSI spokesman denied that the Bandidos had anything to do with another land scandal that was recently uncovered on Samui, involving tracts of forest reserves being sold to investors, some of whom were alleged to be powerful politicians.

-- DPA 2006-07-18

KOH SAMUI: -- Police have arrested three members of the Bandidos, an international motorcycle gang allegedly engaged in Mafia-type activities, such as the drug trade and money laundering.

About 100 officers with the Department of Special Investigation (DSI), crime-suppression police and anti-money-laundering force participated in the raid on the suspects' hilltop house-cum-office on Samui Island, a popular tourist resort situated 450 kilometres south of Bangkok in the Gulf of Thailand.

"We've been getting complaints for some time about this gang running protection rackets, forcing small businesses to sell out to them and engaging in illegal land sales," said a DSI spokesman, Colonel Piyawat Kingkeow.

Arrested were two British nationals - Peter Watkin-Jones, 40, and Crispin John Grandvil Papon-Smith, 40 - and Danish national Kim Lindegaard Nielsen, 36.

The gang's suspected leader, Danish national Peter Buch Rosenberg, 35, had recently left the island for Denmark. Thailand plans to request his extradition to face criminal charges in the kingdom, Piyawat said.

"This gang has been under police observation for money-laundering activities for some time now," said the colonel, who noted that the suspects had made more than 300 bank transactions over the past two years worth 3 billion baht (79 million dollars).

Samui residents have lodged complaints against the foreigners for asking them for protection money, forcing restaurants and small businesses to sell out to them and buying and selling land to foreigners using forged documents.

The Danish embassy to Thailand has been cooperating with Thai police in investigating the gang.

"The Bandidos started out as an American motorcycle gang, riding Harley Davidsons and so on, and eventually, they spread to Europe," Piyawat said. "But they aren't all criminals, only about 1 per cent."

The DSI spokesman denied that the Bandidos had anything to do with another land scandal that was recently uncovered on Samui, involving tracts of forest reserves being sold to investors, some of whom were alleged to be powerful politicians.

-- DPA 2006-07-18

I think Kn Piyawat is not familiar with the term 1%ers that refers to many of the "outlaw motocycle gangs" this came from the Hunter S Thompson book on the Hells Angels. Many clubs include the 1% patch on their colours. I would hazard a guess that it is closer to 1% that are not criminals.

For those Ausies without long memories, it was they Sydney branch of the Bandidios who were involved in the Fathers Day shootout with the Comancheros at Milperra in the mid 80's.

The Bandidos are a multi Billion dollar worldwide industry now, with tactics that put the mafia to shame.

I wish the RTP luck in extraditing the leader from Danmark. It will not be due to a lack of desire to assist from the Danes.

-- DPA 2006-07-18

That's more than Taxin's net worth as Thailan'd fourth richest man. I wonder how they let it go on for two years :o

The Nation article says nothing about this being an armed motorcycle gang and as I said above, the Reuters article quoted by JaiDee clarifies things and I don't want to sound like I side with these crooks. Still, I haven't heard of armed farang gangs firing rockets and submachineguns, not even on this board. As if there wasn't enough going on to depress land price in the tourist resorts of Thailand...

This is a hot thing in Denmark at the moment. Bandidos and Hells Angels are well known doing what is described above - and much more. So even if you have seen nothing on this board use one of the search engines on internet and you are likely to have plenty to read in the days to come.

"The Bandidos started out as an American motorcycle gang, riding Harley Davidsons and so on, and eventually, they spread to Europe," Piyawat said. "But they aren't all criminals, only about 1 per cent." :o

The Bandidos are also very well -known for criminal activity in Australia.

Doubtful any real retribution will befall the Thais involved. They're so quick with excuses, and the Thai legal system is so quick to pardon anyone important. We hear much about corrupt and lacksadasical police in Samui - when will we see some effective cleaning up in that dept? Note; the special police teams were brought in from outside the island.

===============================================================

By the way; the true gleaning & cleaning of the widely published land-fraud situations in places like Phuket, Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Tao et all, is well over-due and I for one, am happy that things are being actually being done ! :o

Yes, please amaze us with your fullest extent usage some more....you want a sushi burger with them Jap fries

I wish them luck with their endevours, something is needed to reduce the land prices in these island destinations.

If this is the 'coco land company' I often wondered how they became so big so quick.

I'm not sure that this connection has been made! Perhaps it would be better to wait for some facts before posting such a comment. The company concerned might not take kindly to it.

So does anyone out there know who Peter Watkins Jones is? Is he connected to Coco?

I'd be very much surprised to learn that the actual intention behind these arrests was to catch any lawbreakers. More likely, some puuyai's toes were getting stepped on somehow by those arrested and a favour was called in. :o

Yep, somebody was upset at not receiving a full share in the money laundering scheme. Farangs have limitations placed upon them when it comes to land ownership. And they certainly are not invited to play in money laundering schemes and land development schemes without paying their dues. Clearly someone involved in this particular scheme was caught not paying the full dues.

"The Bandidos started out as an American motorcycle gang, riding Harley Davidsons and so on, and eventually, they spread to Europe," Piyawat said. "But they aren't all criminals, only about 1 per cent." :o

The Bandidos are also very well -known for criminal activity in Australia.

I guess that's why they call themselves 1%ers...

My Question: Is this Bandidos gang the same as the notorious motorcycle gang in the western United States? If so their influence is certainly spreading to areas I never imagined. In Washington State, the Bandidos are noted for drugs, burglary and mayhem, but hardly ever in any sophisticated crimes.

I agree with the above sentiments, but I want to ask a question: why is it that the *(top) Thai elements are never caught, or remain at-large, while foreign criminal elements are apprehended and paraded around? What exactly is the foreign gang's "influence"?

Yesterday, there was another article about high ranking TRT politicians on Samui. Somehow, they always seem to evade the police and "justice" systmem here.

What are you talking about? This transitional gang!!!

It all sounds like the usual internal shakedown to clean out the undesirables who were not paying their weight, or were no longer necessary to preserve the scheme. Convenient farangs make excellent fodder and make it easier to forget the rest of the lot. No doubt lots of guilt to go around, but suspect this problem on Sumui may be only taking a temporary holiday. Hope I’m wrong.

They are the same Bandidos.

We have had a mutiple murder case here in Canada with them.

They ended up assassinating themselves into oblivion.

Now we have the hel_l's Angel's left.

They are criminals plain and simple.

They dress up in denim and leather and bully people and drive loud motorcycles.

I just mind my business and leave them alone.

It is such a shame they are invading a fine country such as Thailand.

I don't know.

I just wish all people were honest and non violent.

Just wandering, nothing important actually, do you brought a piece of land, build your house & living on wonderful Koh Sichang with title deed?

Bought, not brought. Built not build. Title deed and in the blue book.

Darn, now I'm in the "Spelling Bee" English not your native language?

English may not be my native language, never to late to learn. ###### not darn, now I’m in “Bee Spelling” instead. Build not built since you said ….“I am happy we bought, are living and building on wonderful Koh Sichang though...”

Amaze properties with title deeds in foreigner’s name in Koh Sichang. Are you a native there register with the blue book?

Thanks for bought not brought.

Cheers. :o