Foreign Chamber Membership

Can anybody advise whether they think it's worthwhile joining foreign chamber in Thailand for business/network etc? I've tried a few as a casual member US, British, Aussie and Kiwi and found that some of them were a bit stuffy, US to be exact. British was OK and Aussie and Kiwi were really good fun. Currently I'm leaning towards to NZ Chamber as the networking was excellent and the annual fees were a lot cheaper than the rest.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Can anybody advise whether they think it's worthwhile joining foreign chamber in Thailand for business/network etc? I've tried a few as a casual member US, British, Aussie and Kiwi and found that some of them were a bit stuffy, US to be exact. British was OK and Aussie and Kiwi were really good fun. Currently I'm leaning towards to NZ Chamber as the networking was excellent and the annual fees were a lot cheaper than the rest.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There is also a networking group that meets on Thursday mornings for breakfast. PM me for details if you are interested. Also have Toastmasters chapters which are good fun, good practice and good for building relationships.

I am checking out the various chamber functions too to see which ones are worth spending money to join. All depends on what you are trying to do.

Dan

I joined the Aus & the British chambers, not a great deal of work has come from it, but it has been excellent to take my (Thai) staff to. They really enjoy some of the locations, they enjoy (Now) practising their English and meeting other non-thais and also there is a hefty bunch of Thais that attend these events and we do some cross over business, and the Christmas Function is really good laugh!! We are just about to join the Singapore chamber as well as we are doing a lot of business with companies from there, over all they are worth it.

I notice there are a lot of Thais at Chamber networking, which was not the case in the past. I remember attending events 10 years ago and it was almost 100% expat male. Love to have the women there.