Suvarnabhumi Hotel recomendations

georgehale

I am looking recommendations from more experienced travelers for hotels near Suvarnabhumi Airport for transit layover prior to taking a domestic flight. I would like for the hotel room price to include provide roundtrip airport transport, high speed data available in the rooms, breakfast, a shower that has an enclosed area preventing the shower getting every thing else in the bathroom wet and finally, a reasonably low price less than $50 US. Suggestions and descriptions appreciated.

The hotel I've used many (a dozen?) times is Silver Gold Garden, and I book online with sawadee.com. Current rate for a room without breakfast, but including round-trip van transfers to/from aiport, is THB700. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and there is a Lotus Express on the road in front of the hotel, and a 7-11 a few steps away.

I didn't recommend it to the OP because it has a "Thai style" shower where the whole bathroom gets wet and no internet in the rooms, which didn't meet two of his requirements.

There was another booking service where you could book "day rooms" (I think it was for up to eight hours during the daytime) for about THB500, but I can't recall which site that was, and it has been a while since I saw it, so not sure it it's still an option.

Thanks wpcoe for your comment about the Gold and Silver. I've stayed at Gold and Silver. It is a good vale for the price, but I would a western style bath and internet access. The Convenient Resort recommended by Goshawk seems, according to reviews, not have elevators for upper floors. Unfortunately, hotel websites do not often show photos of the bathrooms, I have not been able to locate a rating service that definitively indicates yes or no, the presence the amenities desired i.e. dry bathrooms, elevators, internet in rooms (included or not), airport transfers (included or not), restaurant (breakfast included or not). So, I am hoping that more experienced travelers on the forum would be able to help me with some recommending places that would meet my expectations.

I have stayed a few times at the Queen's Garden Resort, although not recently: http://queensgardenresort.net/

Single rooms are decent (clean but not large: double and triple rooms are of course better), with a separate (but tiny) bathroom and the rate advertised on their website for this category of accommodation is 750 baht (but you can get even better deals using their booking interface, depending on the period of your stay), including one-way transfer and free wi-fi access if you book via their website: http://queensgardenresort.net/accomodation.html

If you don't want to pre-pay, it's a little bit more expensive, but not too much. You can easily (even late at night or early in the morning) get a taxi from and to the airport too and it's a less than 10 mn / under 100 baht fare.

The breakfast is not very copious and this hotel is a bit noisy up to about the midnight hour, nothing fancy, but it was decent and convenient enough (mainly because of its location) for me on those occasions.