Koh Tao - 'Killers will be caught'

webfact

The one thing that might work .

Is this.

Offer 10 million baht reward for information that leads to the killers.

And if a gang member confesses and informs on the others he will get a reduced sentence like 20 years .

The others executed .

Edited by Plutojames88

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats really concerning , and not mentioned much-

Is that these killers have demonstrated a murderous , lunatic hatred of westerners , and are walking free amongst the community.

The chances are they are crazed and blood lusting for more blond girls on Thai beaches to rape and murder.

And before this is dismissed as sensational propaganda -

I remind the reader that where horrific murder and rape is committed in the most violent manner (e.g. smashing in a face with full force )

When the perpetrator(s) is not caught .

In 40% of cases a further crime similar within 24 months is committed by the same offender(s)

In other words this might not be a One off.

I agree Fred.

I also think the UK should put a massive reward to catch and imprison these murderous sick Bastards. The purpose of this, is not to argue counterfactual's or any further hypothesis but merrily instead intended to highlight the complexities of the current situation putting an abrupt end to this carnage and web of deceit.

Whats really concerning , and not mentioned much-

Is that these killers have demonstrated a murderous , lunatic hatred of westerners , and are walking free amongst the community.

The chances are they are crazed and blood lusting for more blond girls on Thai beaches to rape and murder.

And before this is dismissed as sensational propaganda -

I remind the reader that where horrific murder and rape is committed in the most violent manner (e.g. smashing in a face with full force )

When the perpetrator(s) is not caught .

In 40% of cases a further crime similar within 24 months is committed by the same offender(s)

In other words this might not be a One off.

I agree Fred.

I also think the UK should put a massive reward to catch and imprison these murderous sick Bastards. The purpose of this, is not to argue counterfactual's or any further hypothesis but merrily instead intended to highlight the complexities of the current situation putting an abrupt end to this carnage and web of deceit.

Yeh, with the clear evidence of the dna on the cigs & the sperm, there can be no patsy!

Just when you think the BIB couldn't have handled this any worse you read this gem:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers" (italics added).

Why on earth did the police pack the victim's bag? Did they think it was blood when they packed them? If this was a movie script it would be rejected as being too preposterous to believe.

I sincerely hope the poor families of the victims are not reading any of this. And that the PM is!

Was this a frame-up attempt by the BIB to blame Christopher Ware for the murder or are they just morons?

Probably both since if they were trying to frame Ware why were they packed in Miller's luggage?

They've bumbled the case all along, wasting a lot of valuable time by putting all their efforts on desperately trying to pin it on a foreigner. In their amazing incompetence, they likely got the wrong suitcase and thought is was ware's.

The real killers are long gone, and I feel sorry for the person or people that get framed for this when the police run out of patience and get stupidly desperate.

Did they really get it all wrong or is it intentional?

Hopefully the only good thing, that should prevent a stitch up is the DNA?

jb1

Maybe I'm missing something here.

The police investigators say that the DNA of all 12 suspects does not match the sperm found in the

murdered lady's body. That assumes that the murderer raped the murdered lady. What if the sperm

came from the murdered man?

If the sperm in the lady's body came from the murdered man, then releasing all 12 suspects seems

to me like a huge cluster <deleted> (no pun intended).

Also, they mentioned finding a used condom. Would a murderer take the time to use a condom?

What's wrong with this picture?

All reported 'evidence' has led police to the admission that the murders were carried out by possibly a group of men. If they were locals, the grapevine would have helped them round up the suspects. It is also not in the interest of the locals to destroy income and a reasonable life-style, by 'hiding' the perps. So I find the premise that Koh Tao locals were involved is unlikely.

On that assumption, and according to the report, other islands are being investigated on the premise that groups come over to join in the all-night party and leave on the first boat back. Not uncommon - but in this instance it all ended tragically for whatever reason that sparked off the violence. And if that is the reality, the Koh Tao elite would ensure that their police are given as much 'evidence' without incriminating themselves for reprisals.

If there is a plus in this investigation it would be far more difficult to 'hide' several perps from talkative tongues than one guy, which leads me to conclude that a police result will occur.

While I may be way off the mark, I sincerely hope that these murderers are caught and punished asap.

Something that give me great pause ,although there may be confusion created with translation is the mere simplicity with regard to the ability of the RTP to "arrest" on a mere whim. As I mentioned it may be translation but have all these unfortunates been "arrested" or merely held for questioning.

In most western societies the period that someone can be held for questioning without being arrested and formally charged is a mater of 48 hours. They seem to make the rules up as they go along.

Ref: Stephan Terry's post 2 above

A thoughtful unbiased post very refreshing. Over the last 5-10 years TV has become almost unreadable. You have to wade through so much garbage just to get some information. People are judging the police by media reports as though they are gospel. depressing

Edited by beammeup

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Glad to see the victims friend Christopher Ware cleared and allowed travel home. There was lots disgusting comments made here on TV about him presuming him guilty and people willing to listen to gossip and add to it . Some times the moderators take down comments like this but are willing to let people talk about an innocent man like Christopher. It took a friend Bean to come on and try defend him. As I have said many times here family and friends use Google to get information and have to read all the crap that was wrote yesterday. So ban me if you want or censor me but I have read the shocking comments so I am sure the family have also.

Run out of likes so I agree...

Sad as it is, that two young people were murdered, I find the Thai-hatred on this thread almost more sad!!

The airport is open for departures!!

Who is hating Thais. According to the reports its an absolute slam dunk that a foreigner did it.

In fact, its been stated that if the victims had been dressed in sackcloth this wouldn't have happened. Seems to me, that most of the hating is towards foreigners.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'de guess here, that if the cops don't get a tip off.....they may well be up the creek........

Hopefully, someone will come forward......

Unlikely. The cops on the island are feared and reviled by all except their criminal peers and island elite that openly control them. It would be dangerous for any normal islander to report any violent crime for fear of reprisals and that their name would be passed on to the offenders.

I feel if all local police,govt were removed from the island immediately and never allowed to return, info closing this crime would become available within hours.

That local police might have been involved, that,s maybe why they put that "evidence" in the suspect luggage so test this group policeman on dna before remove them would not be a bad idea.

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers."

Very worrying statement

All reported 'evidence' has led police to the admission that the murders were carried out by possibly a group of men. If they were locals, the grapevine would have helped them round up the suspects. It is also not in the interest of the locals to destroy income and a reasonable life-style, by 'hiding' the perps. So I find the premise that Koh Tao locals were involved is unlikely.

On that assumption, and according to the report, other islands are being investigated on the premise that groups come over to join in the all-night party and leave on the first boat back. Not uncommon - but in this instance it all ended tragically for whatever reason that sparked off the violence. And if that is the reality, the Koh Tao elite would ensure that their police are given as much 'evidence' without incriminating themselves for reprisals.

If there is a plus in this investigation it would be far more difficult to 'hide' several perps from talkative tongues than one guy, which leads me to conclude that a police result will occur.

While I may be way off the mark, I sincerely hope that these murderers are caught and punished asap.

+1

Interesting thoughts Stephen, but your logic in regarding the locals is a little flawed. Those belonging to well connected, HiSo, elite, local power families have a habit of getting away with murder, literally. Many have managed to avoid charges of murder or manslaughter whilst those convicted have received incredibly lenient sentences. This includes Thai on Thai where the desire to catch and punish is higher, and includes the killing of and by RTP members. There are plenty of examples you can research easily. In some cases you will see there were very definite attempts not to progress inquiries in some directions or soften the charges.

For this reason, I disagree with your proposition that it is unlikely that locals are involved.

It could just as easily have been tourists on the island or those just coming for the party, as you say; or migrant workers. The fact is no one group should be ruled out but the police seem to be ignoring the local community. Perhaps they agree with your proposition.

I met a very influential long time good Thai friend yesterday. She said senior police she knows told her that it was definitely foreigners who were responsible, and again made reference to the low morals and bad behavior generally expected of and associated with foreigners. An interesting mind set, and far from open.

Its invariably apparent that not one iota of of information has came back to tell us who has been under investigation regarding the confrontation with David in this bar when he protected the girl's honour from a rowdy Thai man, whom was trying to gain her affections when she shunned him. All this speculation is becoming so boring it just seems a waste of space until this is publicly explained to all and sundry.

To me, its the only plausible or even possible motive for their deaths that is not too far fetched in any such fashion. Why do people persist in all this inappropriate innuendo that is just BS theories and repetitive posts that where answered previously. I think it really is great for everyone to participate since it is something that effects us all in some macabre way however best we all hold tight and pray it has a successful outcome and hope that we soon see a substantial reward being offered which will speed up the investigation no-end.

I always thought the usual way to solve crimes like these was to get somebody to confess to the crime. Give them a trial, sentence them, send them to prison for a week and then release them or let them escape with a different ID and a few hundred thousand.

I'de guess here, that if the cops don't get a tip off.....they may well be up the creek........

Hopefully, someone will come forward......

Unlikely. The cops on the island are feared and reviled by all except their criminal peers and island elite that openly control them. It would be dangerous for any normal islander to report any violent crime for fear of reprisals and that their name would be passed on to the offenders.

I feel if all local police,govt were removed from the island immediately and never allowed to return, info closing this crime would become available within hours.

That local police might have been involved, that,s maybe why they put that "evidence" in the suspect luggage so test this group policeman on dna before remove them would not be a bad idea.

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers."

Very worrying statement

I agree!

It screams out that doing this type of evidence planting is just routine for the Thai Police. After letting that little gem slip out, I have to wonder how many innocent people are in Thai jails because the police just wanted to get the investigation done, so planting incriminating evidence was the quickest and easiest way to get back to their real work of collecting tea money. &lt;deleted&gt; justice!

Police destroying a crime scene and actually placing evidence into a suit case... Clowns

I am smelling serious cover up, they have contaminated scene of crime, made a number of idiotic statement to try and obstruct the investigation. They a clowns for sure, but they sure know how to cover stuff up if it means saving face, or protecting a Pooyai

Just when you think the BIB couldn't have handled this any worse you read this gem:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers" (italics added).

Why on earth did the police pack the victim's bag? Did they think it was blood when they packed them? If this was a movie script it would be rejected as being too preposterous to believe.

I sincerely hope the poor families of the victims are not reading any of this. And that the PM is!

Was this a frame-up attempt by the BIB to blame Christopher Ware for the murder or are they just morons?

I took it to mean the "first group of officers" were packing Miller's belongings, presumably to return to his family. I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me that police officers would do this (after it's determined not to be relevant evidence), rather than, say, the owner of a beach bungalow. Did the cops pack the bag too hastily? Perhaps, but what we're seeing here is confirmation that the stained pants are not considered to be evidence.

If one of you knows how a victim's belongings are handled when they're not evidence, please enlighten us. Enough speculation already.

come on people, the first 48 hours in any murder investigation is paramount, the crime scene was on a beach so subject to sea water and sand, plus the haphazard manner of the 'detectives and police'. They are now back to square one, essentially they are screwed and the culprits have gotten away with it imo. The only ways I can see them being caught are as follows;
1. DNA test every single person on that island right now
2. The offenders getting caught up in a crime later in life, getting tested and some how, the Thai police magically match it.

Apart from that, sorry my personal feelings are no dice, I am a fellow Brit and I cannot even imagine what the family is going through, but I am sure they want closure. This country is a shame, it's a developing country and cannot seem to move from this status.If any of the family of friends are reading this, stay together and stay strong, get a private investigator in and get this resolved. There is too much corruption here. I wish you all the best from the depths of my heart

I took it to mean the "first group of officers" were packing Miller's belongings, presumably to return to his family. I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me that police officers would do this (after it's determined not to be relevant evidence), rather than, say, the owner of a beach bungalow. Did the cops pack the bag too hastily? Perhaps, but what we're seeing here is confirmation that the stained pants are not considered to be evidence.

If one of you knows how a victim's belongings are handled when they're not evidence, please enlighten us. Enough speculation already.

Thank God your not a witness ..........