Koh Tao - 'Killers will be caught'

webfact

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect they know already exactly who the guilty party is. Just look a few miles South to Koh Samui and you will see a long history of children or the rich and powerful getting away with murder.

They may be wealthy now due to tourism but originally many were smugglers and pirates picking on any passing boats - just ask the old Vietnamese refugees of the 1980s and 90s, that is the ones who survived and made it to at least Malaysia.

Garden hoes aren't generally left lying around are they?

Have to wonder where that came from...

What is it with all the farang who have never seen a garden hoe on the beach?

The beaches are full of them in front of every hotel and resort. They are used for removing seaweed that washes up on shore.

"... migrant workers is the most suspected group, particularly the Rohinya migrants, judging from the gruesome nature of the killing. blink.png

What the FH is that supposed to mean??

Just keep talking you dunderheads. wai2.gifwai.gif

Now is the time for your ignorance to be exposed on the world stage.

I sincerely hope the relatives in this case are kept out of this media circus.

It must be horrendous enough for them.

My thoughts and prayers are with them, not what is written and ventilated in the press.

maybe a good money making idea for the future : everybody at the entrance of the airports in thailand, is forced to a dna swab , paid out of their pocket off course.

they can do the same at the immigration offices for myanmar people and expats ...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand beach murders: Desperate police DNA test WOMEN and measure footprints in bizarre public investigation

Thai police this morning DNA tested WOMEN to see if they were involved in the horrific murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

The female bar and restaurant workers were all given a sign to hold with a number and their name on it.

They were then photographed and forced to have their FOOTPRINTS tested.

Local staff – women and men – were also given mouth swabs on the beach.

These were the extraordinary scenes on the island of Koh Tao this morning as police tried to find the killer.

Just two yards from where the murder weapon – a bloodied garden hoe – was found they lined up dozens of local staff.

They waited politely to be called and then went back to work in local bars and restaurants as the testing finished.

Read More: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-murders-desperate-police-4288032

--Mirror Online 2014-09-20

Interesting. Women who deposit semen inside another woman... thats a new one on me! Maybe they were pissed off that their BF wanted a go with a farang woman.

DNA tells sex of person - that is simple. It tells ethnicity of the person. Hair and eye color and tons more information about the person. In fact there are 6billion pairs. we don't know all of them but adding more every year.

I'm no expert on DNA testing, but I would think that the DNA samples collected at the crime scene should indicate whether the perpetrator(s) were male of female. If the samples are too contaminated to determine sex, then they are probably useless from the outset.

EXACTLY ! The police usually love to get all lined up in font of the camera when they have caught someone but during an investigation they are conspicuous by their absence.

DNA tells sex of person - that is simple. It tells ethnicity of the person. Hair and eye color and tons more information about the person. In fact there are 6billion pairs. we don't know all of them but adding more every year.

It is not an arrow pointing to a specific village in a specific region and century,

but it can easily do large factor sifting of ethnicities, and rule out some and leave others as possibles and probables.

The data bases are expanding daily, but are far from complete.

On a sample vs sample basis it can identify someone specifically by their DNA patterns.

The police handling of this gruesome crime has been pathetic and an embarrassment to Thailand which has become a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world. Not only the police are to blame for this scorn but from top to bottom, with shooting from the lip high politicians and police spokesmen to muddled, confused reporting. Reports besmirching the victims have been abundant with some of the TV posters playing their part in this shameful charade. My heart goes out to the victims families who, not only suffering the death of their loved ones have had to endure the shameful accusations bandied about of their loved ones. It will take some time for Thailand to regain some credibility after this shameful fiasco.

Its really the Thai news media who are at fault I reckon rather than the police.

Yep sure the police say stuff that does not gel but the News Media mess with that via their editors and so on and then print something that really any thinking person would discourage.

I know its difficult without a solution but I hope the Brits will be able to rest in peace.

Give the authorities time to resolve this.

Regards.

The police handling of this gruesome crime has been pathetic and an embarrassment to Thailand which has become a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world. Not only the police are to blame for this scorn but from top to bottom, with shooting from the lip high politicians and police spokesmen to muddled, confused reporting. Reports besmirching the victims have been abundant with some of the TV posters playing their part in this shameful charade. My heart goes out to the victims families who, not only suffering the death of their loved ones have had to endure the shameful accusations bandied about of their loved ones. It will take some time for Thailand to regain some credibility after this shameful fiasco.

Worst then amateur

Normally they put tape around crime scene.

They didn't do that sime thing...

this is not the first time a crime is committed in those paradise islands often non Thai are accused but afterwards found guilty for the right reasons as the criminals were not Thai however in this case watching the CCTV picture of the young man on the run, he looks very much Asian and can be Thai.

There is a certain initial chaos the FBI will clear it not to worry, enough DNA samples collected to confuse the crime issues.

Horrific criminal act for no reason other than a blond women prey to catch.

Don't we ourselves Men, Farangs, stop our girlfriends to wear all their gold, stones openly especially when travelling together in remote parts of Thailand ( islands especially included ) knowingly criminals kill the man first before robbing, raping the woman.....that applies well in this crime in Koh Tao.

So sad I am speechless and I can not recommend any ones to venture in love in south East Asia not only Thai Islands, without ultra extra care including to respect any Statues/ Monuments by doing like the locals are not doing......bikinis wearing are for the beach certainly not for shopping neither for drinking out at night regardless of being a single or a couple.

Have you ever seen South East Asian ( not only Thai ) wearing bikinis similarly to many stupidly doing foreign women ?

God bless them and courage to the family, the criminals will be caught eventually.

That is the biggest pile of crap i have ever read.

this is not the first time a crime is committed in those paradise islands often non Thai are accused but afterwards found guilty for the right reasons as the criminals were not Thai however in this case watching the CCTV picture of the young man on the run, he looks very much Asian and can be Thai.

There is a certain initial chaos the FBI will clear it not to worry, enough DNA samples collected to confuse the crime issues.

Horrific criminal act for no reason other than a blond women prey to catch.

Don't we ourselves Men, Farangs, stop our girlfriends to wear all their gold, stones openly especially when travelling together in remote parts of Thailand ( islands especially included ) knowingly criminals kill the man first before robbing, raping the woman.....that applies well in this crime in Koh Tao.

So sad I am speechless and I can not recommend any ones to venture in love in south East Asia not only Thai Islands, without ultra extra care including to respect any Statues/ Monuments by doing like the locals are not doing......bikinis wearing are for the beach certainly not for shopping neither for drinking out at night regardless of being a single or a couple.

Have you ever seen South East Asian ( not only Thai ) wearing bikinis similarly to many stupidly doing foreign women ?

God bless them and courage to the family, the criminals will be caught eventually.

That is the biggest pile of crap i have ever read.

Its bs

Cut murder there are rare

In some places like east london

Or us gettos red by mexican gangs its daily thing...

But he said migrant workers is the most suspected group, particularly the Rohinya migrants, judging from the gruesome nature of the killing.

How racist is this statement? Thais are not capable of rape and murder?

Just last week in the paper was a story of 3 rapes on young Thai girls. First one was committed by the appartment security guard (a Thai), second one on an 11 year old girl was committed by her uncle (a Thai) and the third was a rape of an 8 year old by a monk (a Thai)

Add to that the mindless shootings stabbings that happen daily in Bangkok committed by so called university students against rival uni students gives you an idea of how the Thais do operate.

Saving face? Thailand lost its face years ago!

Totally agree with you.

Police find footprints on the beach now just to match them with the killer who will be wearing the diseased trousers as seen on CCTV lucky he did not also steal the victim’s sandals or they would be really struggling to find the murderer. I think the police have turned this serious investigation into a laughable farce if it was not such a dreadful serious crime.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font: Arial size 14

Police find footprints on the beach now just to match them with the killer who will be wearing the diseased trousers as seen on CCTV lucky he did not also steal the victim’s sandals or they would be really struggling to find the murderer. I think the police have turned this serious investigation into a laughable farce if it was not such a dreadful serious crime.

On the CCTV you can see Daniel is wearing black shoes and also has his sunnies.

I'm no expert on DNA testing, but I would think that the DNA samples collected at the crime scene should indicate whether the perpetrator(s) were male of female. If the samples are too contaminated to determine sex, then they are probably useless from the outset.

I am quite confident the DNA from the semen samples would give a good indication of gender.

I am only guessing but I think the semen samples were probably male

As I posted on another thread (and I am not saying the BIB are smart enough to have thought of this) but testing women is probably an intelligent thing to do as the perp's (male) have probably skipped by now (I would have). However they are probably not clever enough to think that DNA from their mother, sister or daughter could link them to the crime. So if it is a local or someone with a female relative on the island it could solve the case very quickly. However I have no idea why they were taking their foot prints. I suspect in this case they are just clutching at straws and want to be seen to be doing something.

As I posted on another thread (and I am not saying the BIB are smart enough to have thought of this) but testing women is probably an intelligent thing to do as the perp's (male) have probably skipped by now (I would have). However they are probably not clever enough to think that DNA from their mother, sister or daughter could link them to the crime. So if it is a local or someone with a female relative on the island it could solve the case very quickly. However I have no idea why they were taking their foot prints. I suspect in this case they are just clutching at straws and want to be seen to be doing something.

If they want to be seen doing something. I would suggest,

1. Dismissing the local cops, all of them, and jailing the clown who planted the fake evidence in the Brits suitcase.

2. Dismiss the Colonel who said Ware must have done it because he was a homosexual.

That would be a bloody good start.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

If they want to be seen doing something. I would suggest,

1. Dismissing the local cops, all of them, and jailing the clown who planted the fake evidence in the Brits suitcase.

2. Dismiss the Colonel who said Ware must have done it because he was a homosexual.

That would be a bloody good start.

Hmmmm can't disagree, but we all know why that will never happen. Probably firing all the idiots making stupid half cocked ill informed comments in the police force wouldn't be a bad idea either...