Koh Tao - 'Killers will be caught'

webfact

it would appear the police have done a good job of muddying the waters and with comments by

superiors that steered the so called investigation directly towards foreigners, people are

reminded of violent incidents in the past both on this island and in other locations within

Thailand that were never properly investigated due to people of influence being involved

it seems not a lot has changed in Thailand in this respect.

Oh yeah, like the little girl on the train who was murdered and the police never caught her killer.

Oh wait, they had a confession in about 4 days.

Good bit of police work.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel if all local police,govt were removed from the island immediately and never allowed to return, info closing this crime would become available within hours.

If dear leader had cajones, that's what he'd do, toute suite. Replace them with a group from another area. Its been done in other places in similar situations. But i guess that would be admitting reality. Something that doesn't happen much around here.

it would appear the police have done a good job of muddying the waters and with comments by

superiors that steered the so called investigation directly towards foreigners, people are

reminded of violent incidents in the past both on this island and in other locations within

Thailand that were never properly investigated due to people of influence being involved

Oh yeah, like the little girl on the train who was murdered and the police never caught her killer.

Good bit of police work.

That was the Prachuap Khri Khan police force mainly, the islands and especially Koh Tao are a little less equipped to deal with such things I would suggest.

Just when you think the BIB couldn't have handled this any worse you read this gem:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers" (italics added).

Why on earth did the police pack the victim's bag? Did they think it was blood when they packed them? If this was a movie script it would be rejected as being too preposterous to believe.

I sincerely hope the poor families of the victims are not reading any of this. And that the PM is!

They were in Ware's luggage. You are extrapolating the word 'victim' to the murder victim when it refers to the victim of police misbehaviour.

Good bit of police work.

You mean "a little 'THAI' girl"!

Thai police don't give a damn about western victims and in fact are often the killers themselves.The murders in Pai and Kanchanaburi to name just two.

Just when you think the BIB couldn't have handled this any worse you read this gem:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers" (italics added).

Why on earth did the police pack the victim's bag? Did they think it was blood when they packed them? If this was a movie script it would be rejected as being too preposterous to believe.

I sincerely hope the poor families of the victims are not reading any of this. And that the PM is!

They were in Ware's luggage. You are extrapolating the word 'victim' to the murder victim when it refers to the victim of police misbehaviour.

Then why the report describe them as "found in Miller's luggage"? I guess sloppy reporting to go with the sloppy police work (to put it mildly). I recall reading elsewhere that they were found in Ware's luggage but why would the police pack his bags?

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers"

I can't believe I've just read this.

Absolutely scandalous.

With the usual Thai inability to make sensible public statements he's admitting a failed attempt at a fit up.

Criminal / disciplinary proceedings ? i think I'll go back to my darkened room.

Think it's a typo in the article, should read:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Ware's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in Ware's luggage by the first group of police officers"

Edited by jspill

I'de guess here, that if the cops don't get a tip off.....they may well be up the creek........

Hopefully, someone will come forward......

Unlikely. The cops on the island are feared and reviled by all except their criminal peers and island elite that openly control them. It would be dangerous for any normal islander to report any violent crime for fear of reprisals and that their name would be passed on to the offenders.

I feel if all local police,govt were removed from the island immediately and never allowed to return, info closing this crime would become available within hours.

All local policing in resort areas to be done my army officers, on 3 month rotation.

Would stop the local police being bought and paid for.

Think it's a typo in the article, should read:

"As for the pair of stained pants found in Ware's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in Ware's luggage by the first group of police officers"

So he's admitting an attempted fit up?

Whats really concerning , and not mentioned much-

Is that these killers have demonstrated a murderous , lunatic hatred of westerners , and are walking free amongst the community.

The chances are they are crazed and blood lusting for more blond girls on Thai beaches to rape and murder.

And before this is dismissed as sensational propaganda -

I remind the reader that where horrific murder and rape is committed in the most violent manner (e.g. smashing in a face with full force )

When the perpetrator(s) is not caught .

In 40% of cases a further crime similar within 24 months is committed by the same offender(s)

In other words this might not be a One off.

True,

Katherine Horton, 21, from Cardiff, pictured, was beaten raped and murdered while walking on a Thai beach

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller are not the first holiday Britons to suffer violent deaths in Thailand.

Welsh backpacker Kirsty Jones, 23, was raped and strangled at a guest house in the northern city of Chiang Mai in 2000, but her killer has never been traced.

It's essential the killers are caught , or simply put , it will restrict the movements of tourists and make it fearful to stroll the beaches. ( especially for woman)

post-219560-0-77457700-1411089687_thumb.

post-219560-0-84015900-1411089941_thumb.

As soon s the picture of the Ware lad was released, it was clear to me he didn't do it. I mean look at the size of the fella, bit of a stretch of the imagination he could have done this alone. Would most likely take at least 3 (possibly 2) people I would suspect and what are the odds of 2 or 3 farang coming on a murder holiday....... pretty long I'm guessing (has there ever been a case of this?). Start looking where you should have been looking all along, at the locals.

Was this a frame-up attempt by the BIB to blame Christopher Ware for the murder or are they just morons?

Both, they are morons and i also think that it was a attempt to blame him.

Maybe the Pol. General should be replaced first, and check DNA of that police group would make sense .

So if they are confident makes me happy, cause there are too many unsolved attack cases against tourists here.

One-time I was almost robbed at night between Karon and Rawai by two street monkey motor bikers, I was lucky cause they had not gun and in the hand-play I won easy.

Edited by Loles

From what I have seen of the work of the Thai police in the last 6 years, there's no hope the real killers will ever be found. I am not saying this in a mood of Thailand bashing - I really love Thailand - but the police must be the most inefficient, unprofessional, lazy and corrupt organisation of the country. The problem with Thai police goes so far that they are doing more bad than good in Thai society.

Edited by kriswillems

Was this a frame-up attempt by the BIB to blame Christopher Ware for the murder or are they just morons?

Probably both since if they were trying to frame Ware why were they packed in Miller's luggage?

They've bumbled the case all along, wasting a lot of valuable time by putting all their efforts on desperately trying to pin it on a foreigner. In their amazing incompetence, they likely got the wrong suitcase and thought is was ware's.

The real killers are long gone, and I feel sorry for the person or people that get framed for this when the police run out of patience and get stupidly desperate.

This is a horrible crime. And everyone should keep the family in their thoughts.

It must be additionally painful for the family to experience first-hand the unprofessionalism and amazing incompetence of the police in this crime. Add to that the basic foot-in-mouth disease exhibited by the current supreme commander.

As for the island, it looks like every official feels the need to take action. Even though this tragic crime could have happened any where - Phuket, Krabi, Samui, etc, the Surat Thani governor is banning post-full-moon parties on the island because "We don't want any more crimes."

There are ways to reduce crime which are proven, but simply reducing tourists on an island with a single industry, tourism, is not one of them.

What an idiot.

I'de guess here, that if the cops don't get a tip off.....they may well be up the creek........

Hopefully, someone will come forward......

Unlikely. The cops on the island are feared and reviled by all except their criminal peers and island elite that openly control them. It would be dangerous for any normal islander to report any violent crime for fear of reprisals and that their name would be passed on to the offenders.

That local police might have been involved, that,s maybe why they put that "evidence" in the suspect luggage so test this group policeman on dna before remove them would not be a bad idea.

This is a horrible crime. And everyone should keep the family in their thoughts.

It must be additionally painful for the family to experience first-hand the unprofessionalism and amazing incompetence of the police in this crime. Add to that the basic foot-in-mouth disease exhibited by the current supreme commander.

As for the island, it looks like every official feels the need to take action. Even though this tragic crime could have happened any where - Phuket, Krabi, Samui, etc, the Surat Thani governor is banning post-full-moon parties on the island because "We don't want any more crimes."

There are ways to reduce crime which are proven, but simply reducing tourists on an island with a single industry, tourism, is not one of them.

The murderers are locals without a doubt.

Removing all tourists from their island, will at the very least, prevent them doing it again.

Katherine Horton, 21, from Cardiff, pictured, was beaten raped and murdered while walking on a Thai beach

Hmm two Thai guys, similar hairstyle to the guy caught on CCTV on Koh Tao. Probably both pardoned and released by now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/1507482/Delicious-boasted-Katherines-sex-killers.html

Sad as it is, that two young people were murdered, I find the Thai-hatred on this thread almost more sad!!

The airport is open for departures!!

You realise normal Thai people also hate police corruption, incompetence, rape, murder, etc. too right? They complain about it as much as us if not more. And there are Thais posting in this thread.

Sad as it is, that two young people were murdered, I find the Thai-hatred on this thread almost more sad!!

Yes the Brit Police are so perfect .How long did it take them to catch the Yorkshire ripper ?They stitched up a mentally ill man for the murder of Jill Dando .Then there was the Gilldford 4 etc etc ,

Edited by anto

Right, we all love Thailand.

Thai people just suffer just as much from the extortion, corruption, laziness and unprofessionalism from the Thai police.

Even worse than that! If the victims would be Thai the case would probably already be closed by now.

PS. I have several personal experience that go from robbery, theft, scamming to somebody dying (not a natural death) in a building we own. In all cases the police was extremely unprofessional. I am not saying these things unfounded.

Edited by kriswillems

Yes the Brit Police are so perfect .How long did it take them to catch the Yorkshire ripper ?

Really your comparing Brit police from 1975 to Thai police of 2014 well actually come to think of it maybe your right!

All I really care about is they catch whoever is responsible for this my biggest worry is they get away with it ...

Cant believe how the case has been conducted so far.

Edited by kwak250