Koh Tao - 'Killers will be caught'

webfact

"The airport is open for departures!!"

Enough with this If you don't like it leave nonsense.

Can anyone think of a more evocative issue than the murder of a young couple, I spend a lot of time in Thailand why, because like all other TV members I like it. I am free to critisise or complement as I choose, right or wrong I will continue to express my opinion.

I have major issues with the general behavior of the human race but I am not planning on leaving earth anytime soon even if I had a rocket to leave in.

​Yes we are surrounded with awful things corruption, greed, murder and war, We are also part of a beautiful world, that includes Thailand and all other countries.

We'll get it right one day

Whilst I admire your 'glass half full' attitude, I have to disagree with your stating "I am free to criticise or compliment as I choose" That is simply not the case in this Country at present. Defamation laws, Computer Crimes Act, Lese Majeste and the censorship of all media by the dictator junta, means that people have to be extremely cautious in their behaviour.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The airport is open for departures!!"

Enough with this If you don't like it leave nonsense.

Can anyone think of a more evocative issue than the murder of a young couple, I spend a lot of time in Thailand why, because like all other TV members I like it. I am free to critisise or complement as I choose, right or wrong I will continue to express my opinion.

I have major issues with the general behavior of the human race but I am not planning on leaving earth anytime soon even if I had a rocket to leave in.

​Yes we are surrounded with awful things corruption, greed, murder and war, We are also part of a beautiful world, that includes Thailand and all other countries.

We'll get it right one day

Whilst I admire your 'glass half full' attitude, I have to disagree with your stating "I am free to criticise or compliment as I choose" That is simply not the case in this Country at present. Defamation laws, Computer Crimes Act, Lese Majeste and the censorship of all media by the dictator junta, means that people have to be extremely cautious in their behaviour.

Fair enough, the freedom I refer to is within the laws of the country or the rules of the forum. Just endured the aussie winter, mild to some but I do complain about it not about to run away even if I am free to leave. The if you don't like it F off attitude doesn't bother you?

Why all the disharmony and squawking amongst us all my fine feathered friends. How wilfully wrong some people are. These, elderly Thai/farango’s (let’s call them vindicators) are only trying to justify or even illuminate or explain away the reasoning behind their rational for any contemptible scorn poured upon what was once their fellow countrymen.

Particularly, before they entered into an arrangement within their group to expel us ordinary everyday Farangs. Never have I seen this anywhere in the world. Especially, once tainted, soiled, sullied, ruined in appeal, to such a degree, one becomes a cynical old fart pent on character assassination now he’s become a defector. Cynicism is the self -praising whip for any demoralised shrinking aged person to utilise as a substitute for intelligence.

Please spread the true message amongst any of these hearts of gold folks of the same breed as a wakeup call. Thus, we can forgive them since they feel its paramount to their existence here on Paradise as they know it .. and we know its NOT………

Let’s start a group hugs sessions, for the infirm and not of sound mind tv friends club. LOL !!!!

I know the Police are doing their best at this stage, but foot printing women, well whats next.

As many others have commented, at what stage after the murders did they 'close down' the island, the two friends of the poor victim left on a ferry the next day, uh !

To buy a ferry ticket you must sign a book, have they checked that yet, doub't it, no mention anyhow.

I think in the future all ticket selling offices , must have cctv, makes sense, dosen't it, then they could check check the images and get a match !

If he, they, have got off the island, ill be amazed if they catch them, unless someone squeals for the 150.000 bt .

I know the Police are doing their best at this stage, but foot printing women, well whats next.

As many others have commented, at what stage after the murders did they 'close down' the island, the two friends of the poor victim left on a ferry the next day, uh !

To buy a ferry ticket you must sign a book, have they checked that yet, doub't it, no mention anyhow.

I think in the future all ticket selling offices , must have cctv, makes sense, dosen't it, then they could check check the images and get a match !

If he, they, have got off the island, ill be amazed if they catch them, unless someone squeals for the 150.000 bt .

Chances are, the rich kids that did this have a boat, or access to a boat, or own all the boats in the area.

Or even be flown away in one of the police helicopters which keep coming and going.

If they are important enough to be protected by the police, they won't need to buy ferry tickets.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Police collect DNA sample from almost ten fishing crewmembers

KOH TAO: -- Police Sunday collected DNA samples from almost ten crewmembers aboard fishing boats off the shores of Koh Tao, Surat Thani, in the on-going efforts to hunt down killers of two British tourists on the island.

The sample will be compared to the DNA extracted from semen found on the female tourist. So far, police said the extracted DNA indicated that the killers are Asians.

Source: http://www.nationmul...--30243769.html

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-09-21

Sad as it is, that two young people were murdered, I find the Thai-hatred on this thread almost more sad!!

The airport is open for departures!!

Childish response .. What hatred..2 young adventurous decent human beings were murdered.. Does that matter to the Thais .. No.. Does image matter.. Yes..

You clearly are on medicine if you think in terms of relative sadness.. I despair of the types of farangs that now come here ...

You lack empathy something you will have in common with a lot of Thais in positions of authority .

Edited by huawei

One potentially valid point to make(and afaik not reported thus far) is there was a 2 week long football tournament on Koh Tao, winding up on about the same day as the murder. This was a very organized competition with teams from the mainland coming over to compete and all the associated riffraff, hawkers, live music entertainers, mc's, fans. Each night the party at the pitch went until the early hours and some evenings it was fairly rowdy.

Now one thing that a team sport such as football instills in it's participants is a tremendous sense of cameraderie. Trust and backing each other up is part and parcel of such a team sport. That each participant was young, fit, male and asian, and that a fair proportion of the participants were partying late at night. Furthermore these people had not neccesarily been aware of young farangs beach party attire and behavior. Well, it's a huge task, but each of these visitors must be tracked down and DNA taken for testing. When recent news reports said that police are following up leads on nearby islands and the mainland, this is possibly one thing they are doing. Tracking down the team players should be straightforward but the ground crew that erected any stadium or stages, and general hangers on could be much more difficult.

KOH TAO: -- Police Sunday collected DNA samples from almost ten crewmembers aboard fishing boats off the shores of Koh Tao, Surat Thani, in the on-going efforts to hunt down killers of two British tourists on the island.

The sample will be compared to the DNA extracted from semen found on the female tourist. So far, police said the extracted DNA indicated that the killers are Asians.

-- The Nation 2014-09-21

Almost ten?

Can't they count to ten? Was it ten or nine and a half fishermen?

Unbelievable!

Edited by Local Drunk

-- The Nation 2014-09-21

The Nation needs to get a better editor. Is that almost ten crews or Almost ten people? And what does "almost" mean?

-- The Nation 2014-09-21

The Nation needs to get a better editor. Is that almost ten crews or Almost ten people? And what does "almost" mean?

That they collected from 9 out of 10 crew. And went for a tea break. Edited by mataleo

-- The Nation 2014-09-21

9 crews or 9 people the cops are still convinced they are looking for "foreigners" not Thais. They continue to do everything possible to uphold all the stereotypes of their competence.

It really is incredible how they're just clutching at straws with this investigation and doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast. Her family need closure and really can sense people in this forum are uptight themselves and want a quick ending to this farcical merry-go-round.

Sitting here thrashing away at our keyboards is really not doing an iota of good to be honest with people arguing away amongst ourselves. All we can do is wait patiently hoping for a good result no matter who the culprits turn out to be. As long as THEY'RE convicted properly on substantial evidence and not just some poor uneducated scapegoats convicted to take the rap ....

One potentially valid point to make(and afaik not reported thus far) is there was a 2 week long football tournament on Koh Tao, winding up on about the same day as the murder. This was a very organized competition with teams from the mainland coming over to compete and all the associated riffraff, hawkers, live music entertainers, mc's, fans. Each night the party at the pitch went until the early hours and some evenings it was fairly rowdy.

Now one thing that a team sport such as football instills in it's participants is a tremendous sense of cameraderie. Trust and backing each other up is part and parcel of such a team sport. That each participant was young, fit, male and asian, and that a fair proportion of the participants were partying late at night. Furthermore these people had not neccesarily been aware of young farangs beach party attire and behavior. Well, it's a huge task, but each of these visitors must be tracked down and DNA taken for testing. When recent news reports said that police are following up leads on nearby islands and the mainland, this is possibly one thing they are doing. Tracking down the team players should be straightforward but the ground crew that erected any stadium or stages, and general hangers on could be much more difficult.

This is very interesting...Any Idea of what team was wearing yellow shirts...see picture

post-220854-0-47536900-1411288663_thumb.

Edited by sabaitoo

This is very interesting...Any Idea of what that was wearing yellow shirts...see picture

Blimey! Well spotted. Looks to my eyes like football players x3 right near the crime scene, right around the time of the murder. So, now we must wait for somebody in power to read TVF? These 3 must be checked and eliminated from the enquiry asap.

This is very interesting...Any Idea of what that was wearing yellow shirts...see picture

Blimey! Well spotted. Looks to my eyes like football players x3 right near the crime scene, right around the time of the murder. So, now we must wait for somebody in power to read TVF? These 3 must be checked and eliminated from the enquiry asap.

Actually I noticed yesterday..asked the wife and she told me that it looked like a football team..I was like hell no way there is any football tournaments on Koh Tao..but worth a check

post-220854-0-13871100-1411289294_thumb.

Get the army to go with the police to the house on the hill where the people of influence live and make the arrest!

Please explain . coffee1.gif

Myself like many here indulge in much speculation,although it maybe pointless, even offensive to some this is what we do.

Could be some well connected type is kicking back without a care in the world. Only the army can force the police to do their job if the job is to arrest the well connected.

Get the army to go with the police to the house on the hill where the people of influence live and make the arrest!

Please explain . coffee1.gif

Myself like many here indulge in much speculation,although it maybe pointless, even offensive to some this is what we do.

Could be some well connected type is kicking back without a care in the world. Only the army can force the police to do their job if the job is to arrest the well connected.

Actually I noticed yesterday..asked the wife and she told me that it looked like a football team..I was like hell no way there is any football tournaments on Koh Tao..but worth a check

The number 9 shirt now makes sense at 0:37 in this video http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-hannah-witheridge-4297320 Unfortunately for the guy would seem known and therefore a suspect.

Absolutely worth checking out, there would have been a lot of people here for a tournament, teams, family, workers on set up/take down , officials, their family, fans maybe ?

thats a lot of out of the norm visitors for a small island, and potential witnesses or information.

Possibly one of the best leads yet that is easily traceable to the 3 in team yellow.

Just how many threads are we going to have running on this story here at Thai Visa, right now there are 10. This list is just for "new" posts today so some may be missing

It is not possible to have the Koh Tao topics all in one topic, events have been changing rapidly and some of the new information cannot be added to existing topics easily. Therefore new topics are added as additional information comes in.

I can't actually believe that you're having to explain that to people on here, you'd think it would be common sense!

Major lead with so many from off island there for a tournament, and the beauty is the vast majority of anyone involved in the event will be easily tracked down... major source of possible information to build on there.

have you forwarded this info to the mirror and get it out there about a football tourny at that time ? i would, so they have to if havnt look into it..

ATM im of the opinion the press by putting out details of information can only force police to look into those avenues if they havnt done to date....

It also adds pressure and right now the only thing thats going to get this solved imo is building the pressure and keeping it up enough to make them do as good a job as they can...because they have to while the pressure is on.

To date they are about 2 or 3 days or more behind this forum of what many have been saying or suggesting, usually a rag like the mirror would be a hinderence but tbh in Thailand i bet the UK reporters know more about getting and following leads up and the spin offs than some of the police there if not all. It wouldnt hurt for the mirror to know about the football thing...once public knowledge it has to be looked into if its not been already, it wouldnt hurt at all.

No you don't have to sign a book, there's dozens of travel agent/ferry ticket shops all along the walkway inbetween the dive clubs/shops and bars, all you need to do is pay the money get a booking slip. I never signed anything when I was there 2 months ago

You don't have to wait to get the High Speed ones, there's several night time ferries on the go.

There's ferries that leave through the night, that depart around 2100-Midnight, where you can sleep on them, and they get into Lumprayah around 0500-0600.

Seems like a lot of new information will be out soon..

they have the guy who ran past the CCTV, hes says something about running to go have a look at the scene.. but the time on the CCTV was 3 hrs before the original report was supposed to have been made about the murders....was there a delay or just the BIB getting the time of the report wrong ? the guys connected to one of the families there and a boss of one of the businesses. but hes clear of suspicion apparently

same paper claims 2 Thai 1 Myanmar, what thats based on no idea, found a guy who runs a speedboat business from Koh Tao to Phanyang hiding in a cave on Samui .. no idea what thats about ... paper is sanook but its in Thai so cant link

Edited by englishoak