German commits suicide at Central Pattaya Apartment

webfact

If this is a murder it will be the first one I have heard where the wrists were cut. But I would expect no less from TV posters than for them to jump all over this and claim it could not be suicide. If he had jumped out of a high window, I wold question it myself, but cutting the wrists, come on.

So you would be the perfect one to get falling down unconscious drunk, rob you and slit your wrists. If you were the investigator it would be the perfect crime because you wouldn't look into it at all.

I don't think that's what probably happened, but there are some things that could be checked before writing it off.

It is becoming apparent that the powers that be will go to great lengths to have the death of a foreigner be an accident or not be done by a Thai. It isn't good for tourism. The death of those two British tourists really brought that home for me.

I no longer accept anything at face value, because it may be about "face."

"I don't think that's what probably happened,"

So why keep banging on about it then? Give us all a break from your fatuous speculation and Thai police bashing.

Because it is the responsibility of the investigators to look into all possibilities and I think the Thais are too quick to write things off as suicide.

It is possible, you know, that he could have been drugged, robbed and his wrists slit while he was unconscious. That will become the perfect crime if they don't check it out.

In the seeder part of town I might add. RIP my good man may you find peace. Shagwell is that by townpump? God I hope when my time comes That at least I give a laugh to those left behind.

I don't think that it is any more seedy than many other parts. It's an inexpensive area. It might not be my choice of location, but a good mix of people live over there. Low income, doesn't equate to seedy.

Shag Well Mansions? It just doesn't stop getting better and better does it?

Joined December, 2014

Number of posts: 2,213

And about 2,000 of those better than average.

Hmmm....i disagree....but...but...does he get a prize for his, in your opinion, above average quality posts ?

RIP

Probably had health and money problems as most seniors have these days with depression to boot!

I'm afraid we will see more of the same as it is an aging population.

An aging population AND a rapid inflation that now outpaces many expat pensions.

Hopefully he enjoyed a good life til the end.

Quite a nice area when I moved in about eight years ago,but it changed somewhat after a year, when the local market closed through lack of trade, and instead about ten bars opened. Shagwells was a nice place to have breakfast and the Outback bar alongside was handy. Glad to hear its still going..I have nice memories. Sad to hear about the death of the lonely man.

Are they going to ask in the bar if he was alone when he last left? Are they going to try to find out if he was intoxicated? Are they going to check that knife for fingerprints or evidence of it being wiped? Are they going to look for DNA on the knife? Are they going to check all of the blood spots to see if they are a DNA match? Are they going to try to determine if he was robbed perhaps while drunk?

Are they going to check anything other than "the cause of death?"

Sorry, I'm losing my naivete here.

OMG give it a rest.

It would be nice if people could be permitted a somewhat dignified death without dragging every farang who dies through all the mindless speculation that some people clearly post to get cheap thrills for themselves.

Sorry, I'm losing my naivete here.

No, you just assume that you alone are competent to investigate crimes (after reading some news report written by someone who probably just wrote the first thing that came to mind) because farang are instant experts in everything and believe that everyone else is involved in a conspiracy. Presumably you sleep with a night light and teddy bear for comfort in this world of paranoia of yours.

Seriously if you have questions about police competency why not go confront the police with your expertise. At least that should give them some comic relief.

OMG give it a rest.

Because it is the responsibility of the investigators to look into all possibilities and I think the Thais are too quick to write things off as suicide.

It is possible, you know, that he could have been drugged, robbed and his wrists slit while he was unconscious. That will become the perfect crime if they don't check it out.

Maybe in the future when Thai people have been bored with their daily deluge of soaps we may have a "Cold Case Files Pattaya"

Now that's a series that could run forever.