Direct Billing at CM Hospitals for Disabled Foreign Veterans

scorecard

My quite old buddy is a disabled war veteran and he holds a Gold health card from the veterans admin. in his country (he doesn't want his country revealed).

He's been advised that in some countries local hospitals will accept the card and direct bill to the home country concerned.

We have established that RAM will do this in respect of some countries and within some limits but not sure yet what 'limits' is meaning. (Perhaps a monetary limit / perhaps a limit in terms of what treatments.)

Can any TV CM members please share any further specific knowledge on this subject. (Not opinions of what should be OK, please).

Any information appreciated. Thanks.

I am American. I am also retired from the US Marine Corps. Live in BKK.

If a person is retired from the US military, they are covered for life by Tricare insurance, with Tricare paying 75% of all medical care.

Bumrungrad hospital will bill Tricare directly for inpatient care - with the retiree required to pay their 25% co-pay up front upon admission to hospital.

Bumrungrad will not bill Tricare for any outpatient treatment. The retiree must pay the entire bill at time of service and the send the hospital bill to Tricare for reimbursement.

The US Dept of Veterans Affairs will reimburse any disabled veteran living overseas 100% of all treatment related to the veteran's disability. This is the VA's Foreign Medical Program (FMP).

Bumrungrad will not bill FMP for any disabled care. The disabled veteran must pay Bumrungrad 100% at the time of service then submit the hospital bill to FMP.

My experience is Bumrungrad only wants its payment immediately and has no desire to wait 6-8 weeks for payment from a 3rd party.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They have English speakers in the cashier's office, which is very close to the entrance/exit. Likely, readily available. Call them up, or stop in and hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks.

We know already that RAM will bill direct to the veterans admin. abroad.

I'm just trying to find if other TV CM members have any similar info. on other CM hospitals.

To be honest calling generally seems to get nowhere and I don't want to personally visit every hospital.

McCormick is the one place that quickly found the right accounting staff person, he speaks perfect English, he indicated McCormick will do it if the veterans admin. of the country concerned agrees.

He took copies of some documents and he's approaching the country concerned. In fact he just called me a few minutes ago to say so far no reply to his e-mail but he'll keep trying.