Tears gas prohibited in Thailand ?

april81

A dog or two is the best deterrant, an excellent early warning system, and most Thais are scared of other peoples dogs, thats why so many Thai homes have them.

yes but dogs can be poisoned easily ?

Not if they are trained to eat out of a specific bowl and in a safe place. after being told to eat.

I really am getting scared of all these posts lately about foreigners wanting items to "protect" themselves. Most of the things people have been suggesting aren't illegal to own, but be warned that hurting someone else even if they are coming into your house is also a crime. Locks, cameras, secure building and at the very most dogs are the best measures. Weapons and items that do bodily harm to others is not suggested unless you want to spend time in jail after "defending your home".

OP, don't forget that using tear gas in an enclosed space will also affect you. Chances are that if you have to ever use it you won't have time to protect yourself from it.

As has been suggested, there are different home security methods available.

My argument against dogs and shotguns is that it is very difficult to poison a shotgun..........................thumbsup.gif

Bright lights and loud alarms deter burglars, no matter how remote your home is.

I really am getting scared of all these posts lately about foreigners wanting items to "protect" themselves. Most of the things people have been suggesting aren't illegal to own, but be warned that hurting someone else even if they are coming into your house is also a crime. Locks, cameras, secure building and at the very most dogs are the best measures. Weapons and items that do bodily harm to others is not suggested unless you want to spend time in jail after "defending your home".

The only people getting scared are the boys breaking into homes. I have a quiet dog. She never barks unless there are strangers close to the house and then she barks like a crazy animal possessed by the hounds of he**. It works for me and our close neighbors who all have told me thanks for training the guard dog.