Cat got fly paper glue on fur, is it toxic? So worried!

Attol

We have a shelf with fly paper on it, the sticky kind to catch flies. Disgusting I know. We keep it where the cats do not ever go.. but tonight a bird came in the living room and the cat went mental trying to chase it as it was flying low. (Scared or injured from Veg festivals fire crackers I think).

The cat went right into the paper. I promptly ripped it off but of course he had glue on his hind leg and tail. I got some oil, pumice/olive oil and cleaned it off. But he did lick some of it before I could get it off, off or at least not sticky. He is usually out all night but is in the house now and I am wondering how toxic it is and what i can give him?

He is just in but does not seem ill. no signs of poisoning yet but I am super worried.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Hi. Thank you for the info. So so sorry eeya about your cat.. that is something to consider as they "pest control" came and stuck pellets around the yard. I will go pick them up now. I need a rat out of the roof of my house. The cats take care of the garden ones.

The cat is fine. He rested for a while then stayed out all night. All is normal. His fur is oily from using the pumice oil (non cold pressed olive oil).

Can't imagine that nasty paper had non - toxic adhesive though. hmm. Good to know and again thank you for pointing out to me that the cat can eat a rat who eats poison and dies.

I love my cat.

• 1 month later...