Thai police question speedboat driver over British murders on Koh Tao

webfact

coma, on 22 Sept 2014 - 07:27, said:

I wonder if this speedboat driver is the same person as the " island gangster" the male victim is said to have seen in the company of earlier that evening.

I don't remember seeing where it said, the male victim was "seen" in the company of an island gangster, what I did see was the he "could" have argued with an island gangster...I repeat "could have," so far it's only the cops that have mentioned this... but then it "could" have been aliens or cockroaches. The police seem to come up with a lot of "unproven" scenarios.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:

The Keystone cops were at least funny This is sick. Talk about ruining tourism Just look how safe a tourist is with police who can't find there own butt with both hands. General If your reading this It is time for you sir to step in and take charge And bring this to an end.

What makes you think the general would be any better, he is part of the system and only where he is because of the family power he comes from. Where would he gain any better investigative knowledge than the "keystone cops" already possess. My apologies to the original "Keystone Cops."

• Like 1

Posts containing links to a facebook page and calling for other to take a look at that link have been removed as per this forum rule:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

As facebook is not an accredited source of information, the information posted on that facebook page could be construed as defamatory. Thailand has tough Libel laws and save members any harm the posts have been removed. Please do not continue to link to the facebook site. Let's wait until some other news source breaks the news.

Edit to add: Due to the computer crime act in Thailand, it’s not wise to post screenshots of Sean McAnna’s FB page or to name the alleged killer yourself.

Wow i looked on his fb.

He name the killer

And say mafia want kill him

Looks legit...

Wonder if they would dna test people he points at...

• Like 1

coma, on 22 Sept 2014 - 07:27, said:

I wonder if this speedboat driver is the same person as the " island gangster" the male victim is said to have seen in the company of earlier that evening.

The police seem to come up with a lot of "unproven" scenarios.

This may be news to you but that is what police the world over are paid to do. Very rare if ever do police come up with a "proven " scenerio first cab off the rank. Furthermore scenerios police come up wth generally get "proven" in a court of law.

Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:

The Keystone cops were at least funny This is sick. Talk about ruining tourism Just look how safe a tourist is with police who can't find there own butt with both hands. General If your reading this It is time for you sir to step in and take charge And bring this to an end.

What makes you think the general would be any better, he is part of the system and only where he is because of the family power he comes from. Where would he gain any better investigative knowledge than the "keystone cops" already possess. My apologies to the original "Keystone Cops."

You are trying hard to make the general look bad - because there is no space for another view in your narrow and negative belief system.

So you think when he comes from a powerful family that's enough proof that he cannot be honest and capable?

Shame on you. Judge him by his deeds - and by now they are impressive

Posts containing links to a facebook page and calling for other to take a look at that link have been removed as per this forum rule:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

As facebook is not an accredited source of information, the information posted on that facebook page could be construed as defamatory. Thailand has tough Libel laws and save members any harm the posts have been removed. Please do not continue to link to the facebook site. Let's wait until some other news source breaks the news.

Edit to add: Due to the computer crime act in Thailand, it’s not wise to post screenshots of Sean McAnna’s FB page or to name the alleged killer yourself.

Wow i looked on his fb.

He name the killer

Looks legit...

I saw that link from a Twitter feed this am. I wonder why they have not taken it down yet.

The guy called the cops (and his Embassy) at like 4am saying he feared for his life. He was assisted and it was said he was safely hidden, but still on the island.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

At this rate the Police will be interviewing everyone in Thailand about this ma alt=facepalm.gif> tter, and most likely everyone in the world with mongaloid DNA.....

I know you jest but in a way it sure looks like this. Now they are convinced it was someone on drugs. Is it because they have something to suggest this? Or is it because they feel that for someone to do this he must be on drugs.

Had they slammed the door as soon as they found out about the murders they could have tested everyone on the island. There couldn't be that many their at one time. If then they didn't get a match then they could check the list of people who recently left before the tests. It would have been much easier and faster had they done that then instead of trying to track all of them now.

It is too late for them to change that now, but I sure hope they learn from this and the next time close the exit right away.

• Like 1

I am at a complete loss to understand why the Police have to give a minute by minute description as to how the investigation is proceeding. Surely if one was seeking to evade the law this is wonderful news to know when and where one should keep ones head down. So far as the Police are concerned - I DON'T NEED TO KNOW anything until you catch the b......d.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Only one speedboat driver, the last I read was that now the Police have determined that there were as many as three people who committed this crime.

To be fair they also said they are looking for 2 of his friends, so this may not be such a stupid lead.

Wow i looked on his fb.

He name the killer

Looks legit...

I saw that link from a Twitter feed this am. I wonder why they have not taken it down yet.

The guy called the cops (and his Embassy) at like 4am saying he feared for his life. He was assisted and it was said he was safely hidden, but still on the island.

He posted photo of 2 thai man on fb.

I dont know killers or mafia..

sweatalot, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:41, said:
MediaWatcher, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:29, said:
Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:

You are trying hard to make the general look bad - because there is no space for another view in your narrow and negative belief system.

So you think when he comes from a powerful family that's enough proof that he cannot be honest and capable?

You can believe what you want, history shows the military achieves nothing, as for the current coup, first let's see if they investigate the military first, the government officials, it's easy for the general to say many things, but the proof is when things are actually achieved. Going for headlines but only going after the small criminal element does NOT make him successful or a hero, except only to those who do not think. So, are you saying because he comes from a powerful family then he must be honest and capable....Your reasoning also means Thaksin, Yingluck, Suthep, and all their "friends" are "honest" and "capable," oops, they are capable, capable of being corrupt, insincere, ruthless, scheming etc rats.

UPDATE:

Police still waiting for DNA test results of speedboat driver linked to Koh Tao murder case

SURAT THANI, 22 September 2014 (NNT) - Koh Tao police are now waiting for the test result of the DNA of a speedboat who is believed to have been linked to the murders of two British tourists in Koh Tao.

A speedboat driver responsible for ferrying tourists from Koh Samui to Koh Tao was detained for interrogation by police yesterday. Reports from locals suggested that the 27 year-old man had acted suspiciously by trying to hide inside a cave at Khao Laem Yai after the murders had taken place.

Investigations reveal that the speedboat driver was clearly beating around the bush when he was interrogated by police, and denied all the charges. He was tested positive for drugs and would be prosecuted on drug-related charges.

Meanwhile, Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has declared that the Thai police will not enlist the help of the FBI or any other international law enforcement agencies. He believes the case will be solved in a couple of days.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-22 footer_n.gif

UPDATE:

Police still waiting for DNA test results of speedboat driver linked to Koh Tao murder case

SURAT THANI, 22 September 2014 (NNT) - Koh Tao police are now waiting for the test result of the DNA of a speedboat who is believed to have been linked to the murders of two British tourists in Koh Tao.

A speedboat driver responsible for ferrying tourists from Koh Samui to Koh Tao was detained for interrogation by police yesterday. Reports from locals suggested that the 27 year-old man had acted suspiciously by trying to hide inside a cave at Khao Laem Yai after the murders had taken place.

Investigations reveal that the speedboat driver was clearly beating around the bush when he was interrogated by police, and denied all the charges. He was tested positive for drugs and would be prosecuted on drug-related charges.

Meanwhile, Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has declared that the Thai police will not enlist the help of the FBI or any other international law enforcement agencies. He believes the case will be solved in a couple of days.

nntlogo.jpg

That last sentence worries me!!

Now the Police are not just targeting foreigners there will be two possible outcomes ...

1. If the perpetrators are immigrant workers or Thais with no influence they will be arrested and sentenced.

2. If the perpetrators are Thais with influence then an immigrant worker or Thai without influence will be arrested and sentenced.

• Like 1

UPDATE

Officials reassure safety for foreign tourists

SURAT THANI, 22 September 2014 (NNT)-The deputy governor of Surat Thani province has urged all responsible agencies to launch safety policies for tourists, following the brutal murders in Koh Tao.

Deputy Governor Wongsiri Phromchana has reassured that officials have stepped up crime monitoring and law enforcement operations in a bid to regain confidence of foreign tourists, after two British backpackers were found murdered on a beach on the island of Koh Tao on Monday 15th .

Police have recently offered 700-thousand baht reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

Travel agents and tour operators have been urged to reassure international partners that Koh Tao and other beaches as well as island destinations across Thailand are safe for tourists.

nntlogo.jpg

UPDATE:

nntlogo.jpg

That last sentence worries me!!

They know that they are, and I believe they are on the right track. Therefore the last sentence carrys weight.

I think a member/s of the gulf speedboat club are good for it. If not this guy then someone he knows well. These types are a law to themselves. Traveling, traffiking unlogged and doing what they want throughout the region unhindered by law enforcement. Basically a bunch of lawless pirate drug adfict thugs.

• Like 1

I am at a complete loss to understand why the Police have to give a minute by minute description as to how the investigation is proceeding. Surely if one was seeking to evade the law this is wonderful news to know when and where one should keep ones head down. So far as the Police are concerned - I DON'T NEED TO KNOW anything until you catch the b......d.

It is a multi-faceted strategy encompassing:

"Diverting the attention of international observers", "Playing for time", "Looking busy", "Satisfying their mafiosi paymasters", "Appeasing their governmental paymasters", "Giving time to their known murderers and rapists to flee the scene/come up with an alibi", "Continuing the search for a scapegoat who is unable to prove his innocence".

And all the while 70pc of TV posters and international observers are sucking it up.

Playing right into their hands.

Sweet for the wrongdoers, bitter for the victims.

• Like 1

sweatalot, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:41, said:
MediaWatcher, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:29, said:
Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:Strangebrew, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:08, said:

You can believe what you want, history shows the military achieves nothing, as for the current coup, first let's see if they investigate the military first, the government officials, it's easy for the general to say many things, but the proof is when things are actually achieved. Going for headlines but only going after the small criminal element does NOT make him successful or a hero, except only to those who do not think. So, are you saying because he comes from a powerful family then he must be honest and capable....Your reasoning also means Thaksin, Yingluck, Suthep, and all their "friends" are "honest" and "capable," oops, they are capable, capable of being corrupt, insincere, ruthless, scheming etc rats.

Logic is not on your side

"history shows the military achieves nothing" ?

may be in the past this was true most of the time (but I doubt there are not examples that achieved a lot)

anyway there is no proof that your claim is always true - forget it

there are different kinds of military and different kinds of coupes

military=military is untrue, coup=coup is untrue

"So, are you saying because he comes from a powerful family then he must be honest and capable" ?

Not at all what I am saying is

when he comes from a powerful family that is not proof that he cannot be honest and capable

If you do not understand this, too here is for beginners in logical thinking

my statement says if somebody comes from a powerful family he can be honest and capable,

it does not say everybody from a powerful family is honest and capable for sure

(proof for the opposite: Thaksin, Yingluck...)

Edited by sweatalot

Something doesnt seem right.....

BBKPOST said they had a thai and burmese suspects that where caught on CCTV camera, They worked at a bar right next to the murder scene. Scene in CCTV going towards the murder scene and running back 50 minutes later with only shorts on.

I dont find someone living in a cave on samui that big of a suspect because half the population on koh samui is on Ice or yah bah anyways, i always see people doing weird stuff paranoid out of their minds!

Thats a normal thing on a day to day basis!

"Thai police will not enlist the help of the FBI or any other international law enforcement agencies. He believes the case will be solved in a couple of days."

Yup.

We don't need the FBI.

They'll just interfere with their professionalism in our frame-up. wai2.gifwai.gif

We don't need the world to be our father.

We have our own ways to set up patsies to save face. facepalm.gif

The Foreign Press needs to keep pummeling these corrupt dinosaurs...

Edited by iReason
  • Like 1

No wonder you wear a bag over your head making stupid statement like that.

If the culprits were day trippers and gone before the police manged to close the place down then the chances of catching them are slight at best

I really don't understand why people like you even bother to stay or visit Thailand as you clearly think all Thais are stupid and beneath you.

Do the country a favour and go the **** home

• Like 1

Something doesnt seem right.....

BBKPOST said they had a thai and burmese suspects that where caught on CCTV camera, They worked at a bar right next to the murder scene. Scene in CCTV going towards the murder scene and running back 50 minutes later with only shorts on.

I dont find someone living in a cave on samui that big of a suspect because half the population on koh samui is on Ice or yah bah anyways, i always see people doing weird stuff paranoid out of their minds!

Thats a normal thing on a day to day basis!

"someone living in a cave...on Ice or yah bah ..."

The perfect scapegoat

The Thais would see this as a job well done

Government appeased = Matter closed, okay the murderer is Thai but he's one guy, an oddball and 'gone the Farang way' on drugs. Tourism bounces back

Mafia appeased = Their murdering scum get away.

International media/Victim's family appeased = They can find a conclusion/closure

Everyone involved pats themselves on the back, takes delivery of brown envelopes

Business Thai style

• Like 1