Thai police question speedboat driver over British murders on Koh Tao

webfact

Something doesnt seem right.....

BBKPOST said they had a thai and burmese suspects that where caught on CCTV camera, They worked at a bar right next to the murder scene. Scene in CCTV going towards the murder scene and running back 50 minutes later with only shorts on.

I dont find someone living in a cave on samui that big of a suspect because half the population on koh samui is on Ice or yah bah anyways, i always see people doing weird stuff paranoid out of their minds!

Thats a normal thing on a day to day basis!

"someone living in a cave...on Ice or yah bah ..."

The perfect scapegoat

The Thais would see this as a job well done

Government appeased = Matter closed, okay the murderer is Thai but he's one guy, an oddball and 'gone the Farang way' on drugs. Tourism bounces back

Mafia appeased = Their murdering scum get away.

International media/Victim's family appeased = They can find a conclusion/closure

Everyone involved pats themselves on the back, takes delivery of brown envelopes

Business Thai style

That's the reality of that country.

Civilised world needs to keep away from the place.

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what do they do with Sean McAnna

IMHO he is more believable than the police !

Something doesnt seem right.....

BBKPOST said they had a thai and burmese suspects that where caught on CCTV camera, They worked at a bar right next to the murder scene. Scene in CCTV going towards the murder scene and running back 50 minutes later with only shorts on.

I dont find someone living in a cave on samui that big of a suspect because half the population on koh samui is on Ice or yah bah anyways, i always see people doing weird stuff paranoid out of their minds!

Thats a normal thing on a day to day basis!

"someone living in a cave...on Ice or yah bah ..."

The perfect scapegoat

The Thais would see this as a job well done

Government appeased = Matter closed, okay the murderer is Thai but he's one guy, an oddball and 'gone the Farang way' on drugs. Tourism bounces back

Mafia appeased = Their murdering scum get away.

International media/Victim's family appeased = They can find a conclusion/closure

Everyone involved pats themselves on the back, takes delivery of brown envelopes

Business Thai style

• Like 2

this is interesting:

Thai motorbike gang mugged British women night before backpacker couple were murdered on Koh Tao island

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11111774/Thai-motorbike-gang-mugged-British-women-night-before-backpacker-couple-were-murdered-on-Koh-Tao-island.html

having read that my 1st question is why havnt those 4 been tracked down yet? the iphone must be trackable and the bags or belongings still on the island or in the bushes somewhere. 4 thais on bikes and no one knows of them? they will get bored of hiding behind daddys sofa at some stage....

just hope no one gets to him and a lot of truths come out, if he is correct give him the reward and get him back to Scotland!

Or will it be made out that he was under the influence of drugs and paranoid?

Even if DNA was taken from the accused ill bet it doesnt match

In this case would it be feasible for the UK authorities to do post mortems and DNA testing when the bodies were brought back?

Brave lad

so what do they do with Sean McAnna

Andy Lines who is the Mirror journalist out on Koh Tao tweeted this:

"I have just spoken to Sean McAnna. He is frightened but safe and well. He asked me to thank well-wishers for him. He has a complex story to tell and there will be much more later."

Edited by littlebw

just hope no one gets to him and a lot of truths come out, if he is correct give him the reward and get him back to Scotland!

As the focal point of media attention at the moment you would have to assume he's pretty safe right now. If he suddenly disappeared from the island or suffered simiilar fate then that is certainly going to do anyone he is accusing any favours.

Well this is interesting:

A SCOT has gone into hiding on a tiny island in Thailand after claiming he knows who killed tragic David Miller and Hannah Witheridge.

Ex-pat Sean McAnna, 25, who lives in Koh Tao, posted messages on his Facebook page last night claiming his life was in danger because he knew the killers.

The backpackers were bludgeoned to death on Monday. Its understood they just met hours before they were killed.

Sean, who is from Glasgow, works in the AC nightclub, where Hannah, 23, from Hemsby, Norfolk, and David, 24, from Jersey, are believed to have spent their last hours.

He posted: Thai mafia are trying to kill me. Please help me. A few minutes later he accused a local bar owner of being responsible.

Worried friends and relatives immediately launched a campaign to get him to safety.

It is understood Sean has been taken to a safe place and is waiting to get off the island.

Today a friend of his, who asked not to be named, said: Sean said he knew David Miller as the island is very small.

He said the island is run by the Thai mafia and he knew the identities of the killer.

He was frightened for his life and felt he needed help from anyone he could and social media was his best option.

His mum and sister contacted Scottish and Thai police and he is now safe.

He will be leaving as soon as he can. We dont have anymore information at the moment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scot-goes-hiding-thai-island-4302708

• Like 2

Well this is interesting:

A SCOT has gone into hiding on a tiny island in Thailand after claiming he knows who killed tragic David Miller and Hannah Witheridge.

Ex-pat Sean McAnna, 25, who lives in Koh Tao, posted messages on his Facebook page last night claiming his life was in danger because he knew the killers.

The backpackers were bludgeoned to death on Monday. Its understood they just met hours before they were killed.

Sean, who is from Glasgow, works in the AC nightclub, where Hannah, 23, from Hemsby, Norfolk, and David, 24, from Jersey, are believed to have spent their last hours.

He posted: Thai mafia are trying to kill me. Please help me. A few minutes later he accused a local bar owner of being responsible.

Worried friends and relatives immediately launched a campaign to get him to safety.

It is understood Sean has been taken to a safe place and is waiting to get off the island.

Today a friend of his, who asked not to be named, said: Sean said he knew David Miller as the island is very small.

He said the island is run by the Thai mafia and he knew the identities of the killer.

He was frightened for his life and felt he needed help from anyone he could and social media was his best option.

His mum and sister contacted Scottish and Thai police and he is now safe.

He will be leaving as soon as he can. We dont have anymore information at the moment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scot-goes-hiding-thai-island-4302708

Ready posted it.

Per the story at 0600 this morning the police didn't have the technology to properly conduct the DNA testing and were seeking the help of the FBI and now all of a sudden they are DNA experts and have the case solved. Must have found a copy of DNA testing for Dummies

this is interesting:

Thai motorbike gang mugged British women night before backpacker couple were murdered on Koh Tao island

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11111774/Thai-motorbike-gang-mugged-British-women-night-before-backpacker-couple-were-murdered-on-Koh-Tao-island.html

having read that my 1st question is why havnt those 4 been tracked down yet? the iphone must be trackable and the bags or belongings still on the island or in the bushes somewhere. 4 thais on bikes and no one knows of them? they will get bored of hiding behind daddys sofa at some stage....

The mugging is not big deal to Thai cops. they probably blamed the victims for having their bags held in such a way as to make them too tempting to snatch. a Couple years ago two young very pretty American gals visited me in Chiang Rai. They had just been in Koh Pagnan. They left the Full Moon party on a motorbike. Two Thai butt-plugs drove alongside and tried pulling their bags away. They girls resisted, kept their bags, but almost crashed on a long downhill slant. When they got back to their guest house dorm, all their stuff had been stolen: backpacks, passports, everything. When they went to tell the English g.h. owner, he yelled at them and threatened them with bodily harm if they told the cops (he didn't want bad publicity for his little biz). Though those events are not nearly as bad as the twin murders of late, they add to the cumulative specter of what's in store for backpackers visiting Thailand: Dismal and dangerous.

Thai cops working near the area where the murders happened at Koh Tao, must have very good idea of who the culprits could be. That's what cops know: who the bad guys are on their beat. Because already a whole week has gone by with no real suspects rounded up, the cops are increasingly looking like they're party to an ugly cover-up and protection racket.

• Like 2

But the killers don't really have to be these two guys , it could be anyone linked with the mafia and they all know who did t.

Message to backpackers: Come visit northernmost Thailand. We don't have murders or mysterious deaths like southern beach areas. Instead of sand and surf, we have sand and rivers and waterfalls. The people are friendlier and prices lower up here. Many backpackers use Chiang Rai as a stepping off place for Laos which is also more backpacker-friendly than southern Thailand. And you won't find any weird mixed drinks up here - that will at least stone you to Stupidville (or Date-Rapeville) and may also be fatal.

• Like 1

Incredible. It's as though the whole world: Western observers, Thai authorities, TV posters, those that should be demanding justice, have been disempowered and are just soaking up all the BS.

It could be an Orwellian nightmare but it is reality.

This can only go one way.

Goodbye redemption.

• Like 1

UPDATE

Officials reassure safety for foreign tourists

SURAT THANI, 22 September 2014 (NNT)-The deputy governor of Surat Thani province has urged all responsible agencies to launch safety policies for tourists, following the brutal murders in Koh Tao.

Deputy Governor Wongsiri Phromchana has reassured that officials have stepped up crime monitoring and law enforcement operations in a bid to regain confidence of foreign tourists, after two British backpackers were found murdered on a beach on the island of Koh Tao on Monday 15th .

Police have recently offered 700-thousand baht reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

Travel agents and tour operators have been urged to reassure international partners that Koh Tao and other beaches as well as island destinations across Thailand are safe for tourists.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-09-22 footer_n.gif

It's my understanding that the reward money offered is from the public, donations etc...not the police...Why does you post read the police are offering 700,000..They would hardly break even on the deal if they had to pay out 700k ...must break a profit...

In a real world let's see...

DNA tests for the men alleged to have threatened to hang Sean last night..

CCTV of the footage of them allegedly chasing him into 7/11 and him sharing a scary looking photo on Facebook fearing his life..

These are the points ar hand...

• Like 2

UPDATE

Officials reassure safety for foreign tourists

SURAT THANI, 22 September 2014 (NNT)-The deputy governor of Surat Thani province has urged all responsible agencies to launch safety policies for tourists, following the brutal murders in Koh Tao.

Deputy Governor Wongsiri Phromchana has reassured that officials have stepped up crime monitoring and law enforcement operations in a bid to regain confidence of foreign tourists, after two British backpackers were found murdered on a beach on the island of Koh Tao on Monday 15th .

Police have recently offered 700-thousand baht reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

Travel agents and tour operators have been urged to reassure international partners that Koh Tao and other beaches as well as island destinations across Thailand are safe for tourists.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-09-22 footer_n.gif

The police have only informed the public of the 700,000 baht reward. The police have not offered 700,000 baht for information leading to those that are responsible. Perhaps they (BIB) should also offer an additional reward in hopes of someone completing the task they may never complete.

Who are the people she is walking around with in the videos? Have they been interviewed? I haven't seen any report if any witnesses from the night - eye or otherwise.

I posted this earlier but I think its worth reposting.

The last known images of Hannah Witheridge were taken at 12.07am as she walked past a diving resort on the way to the AC Bar with two men and one woman whose names are thought to be Matt, Tom and Emma.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11111532/Thai-island-murder-investigation-hits-a-wall-of-silence.html

Let's hope these three come forward with some insights into last movements.

There is an alarmingly lack of information (or released information?) on how the victims ended up where they did. There was definitely enough people with some kind of connection to Hannah and David to put together quite a detailed backstory I would imagine.

I'm actually a bit baffled as to why we don't know more of the lead up to the murders.

Does it not bother anyone else here,, about HOW ABSOLUTELY inept, childish, "saving face" this case has become?.... A SENIOR, "officer", stated the ABSOLUTELY ASSININE comment, about how he was worried, "Are tourist's safe wearing a bikini?"..... Yet in the prior posted CCTV vids,,, it's COMPLETELY CLEAR, she was NOT wearing a bikini, but COMPLETELY appropriate dress for a night out on a tropical island?... (casual shorts, and a top).... Yet for SOME reason,, they made a statement that was NOTHING MORE, than an attempt to discredit, disrespect, besmerch, lay blame on the victim themselves!,,, TYPICAL male Thai mentality,,, NO Thai male is EVER to blame for a crime,, EVEN if they're caught, LITERALLY RED HANDED, with a gun, knife, club, machete, shovel, Ferrari, ETC!!!!!,,, I'd BET the local RTP,,, (and I use the word, ROYAL, VERY loosely)... know EXACTLY who's responsible for this,, but are continuing to muddy the water, lose/destroy/contaminate/ignore/plant evidence until they can find a suitable, "pattsy" they can either coerce to, "play along" (your family make much $ Sumchai),, or just flat out FRAME for this?..... They're MORE concerned with protecting the BAHT IN THEIR POCKETS than solving this!!!,,,,, PLEASE tell me I'm NOT the only one that sees this! I've met more 22 year old Thai bar girls with more morals than these 40ish years old Thai, "men",,,,

Edited by Adeeos
  • Like 2

Anyone that's ever spent a fair amount of time on the various islands in Thailand are well aware that the police are in lockstep with the local mafia. They already know who did it; they're just buying time to figure out how to blame it on a patsy.

For example: Tourist buys a bag of weed off a local dealer (mafia member), the dealer then informs the police that the tourist has a bag of weed, cops nab tourist and scare the living daylights out of him to cough up loads of dough, then cops and mafia share loot.

Cops are also intimately involved with the jet-ski scams as well (you can find it on youtube). The entire investigation is just to kill time. Sean McAnna was lucky to get off the island alive and was smart to upload the photo of the two Thais that threatened to hang him. If the hanging has happened the case would be over now as guilt ridden friend hangs himself after killing two friends.

A post containing derogatory slurs has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I wonder if this speedboat driver is the same person as the " island gangster" the male victim is said to have seen in the company of earlier that evening.

Totally agree, this was reported, witnesses (apparent) saw an argument with a thai 'mafia' type at the AC bar a few hours before, surely thats probably cause ?

Has he been interviewed, Dna taken, as ive said before, he will be known in that bar by the owner staff etc, what the fect is really going on.

Lets hope speedboat owner is some connection to it all, maybe some thai has spilled the beans for the reward, pls let it be so .

• Like 2

A post containing a reference to a King has been removed, it would be wise not make any Royal references in any posts, doesn't matter if the reference is toward a King in the past.

Have you been taking lessons from the junta?

Anything you dont like you remove.

You are not even admin.

Edited by Sawan Chan 7

A post containing a reference to a King has been removed, it would be wise not make any Royal references in any posts, doesn't matter if the reference is toward a King in the past.

You are not even admin yet seem to think you can make up rules.

You are not even admin yet seem to think you can make up rules.

Ignorance and stupidity personified Sawan Chan