Yamaha - Pirelli Track Day - Buriram Int. Circuit - 6 - 7th December, 2014

ll2

Finally the first track day at new Buriram International Circuit.

Otganized by pirelli and sponsored by Yamaha.

Man, it will be a lot fun to ride on a proper real circuit with real international standards!

But not sure if there will be track training at this event. Maybe just track day.

Man very exciting news and cannot wait for it!

Before watching motogp there maybe next years, i ll have a chance to ride there at this new nice Buriram Circuit!

More info here:

http://www.pirelli.in.th/trackday/

Yes, it is now known as Chang International Circuit but if i put Chang there only, no one can understand where it is from the title so...

Anyway, registered my name and it is 5000 THB for two days and 3500 thb for Saturday only.

Pricier than BIRA track day events but only 2000 thb more so of course this circuit is more expensive to rent and logistically they will have more expense so totally fair for me to pay this to be in the first track day in a new nice internationally accredited track!

No track/racing academy this time and just track day and some races, it is confirmed.

1610783_368322316663530_8913763030431873

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

cannot wait for Buri Ram!

doing some modifications to my bike.

will get new tires either pirelli diablo rosso corsa track/road tire or Pirelli Supercorsa SC. have 10 percent discount coupon from Pirelli:)

also might get a full system exhaust from k speed.

great opportunity to ride on Buriram Chang International Circuit before even watching an event there! better be on the track than on the side of the track!

• Like 1

will get new tires either pirelli diablo rosso corsa track/road tire or Pirelli Supercorsa SC. have 10 percent discount coupon from Pirelli:)

great opportunity to ride on Buriram Chang International Circuit before even watching an event there! better be on the track than on the side of the track!

Im sure you have probably seen this Pirelli promotion on now, looks like a good deal.

post-158619-0-96754700-1415694219_thumb.

Edited by ntv69

Im sure you have probably seen this Pirelli promotion on now, looks like a good deal.

Yes. I have seen that promotion already.

I have a discount coupon so can get any tire around those prices.

they dont give an extra 10 percent discount for that promotion of course.

But will most probably get a set of diablo rosso corsa so i can also use them on the roads.

Supercorsas melt very quickly and warming them up on normal roads take time.

• 2 weeks later...

guys, latest update about buriram track day.

certain parts on bikes need to be safety wired and radiators need to be filled with water only. also headlight, stop lights and brake fluid holders need to be covered with tape.

if not track commissioners will not get you in.

parts need to be safety wired:

1- oil filler cap

2- oil filter

3- oil drain plug

4- brake calipers

5- radiator cap

i know a place that can do all.

pm me if you need help on this.

it is good that finally they are coming close to the common track day standards. good sign.

certain parts on bikes need to be safety wired and radiators need to be filled with water only. also headlight, stop lights and brake fluid holders need to be covered with tape.

1- oil filler cap

2- oil filter

3- oil drain plug

4- brake calipers

5- radiator cap

it is good that finally they are coming close to the common track day standards. good sign.

That was always a requirement, but NEVER been enforced. Same as the 1 piece leather suit etc.... I remember guys driving with Jeans and Sportshoes... Let us please know if it was enforced this time, it looks like a hell of a lot of work...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone driving up there from Pattaya?

I am thinking about. I think one would have to act failrly quick to secure hotel rooms.

Might be too late now to race, trackday fully booked... I will have to stay here this time, couldn't get a ride up there. sad.png We will be at BIRA though this friday morning...

1- oil filler cap

2- oil filter

3- oil drain plug

4- brake calipers

5- radiator cap

That was always a requirement, but NEVER been enforced. Same as the 1 piece leather suit etc.... I remember guys driving with Jeans and Sportshoes... Let us please know if it was enforced this time, it looks like a hell of a lot of work...

It is done already. Not that hard to get some bolts drilled. Oil flush bolt was jhardest but luckily mu 18 k km servicr arrived so let bigwing drill it while they are changing the oil.

I have a feeling like they might not enforce wiring this time but rad water, sure they will check.

1 piece suit was never a requirement.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone driving up there from Pattaya?

I am thinking about. I think one would have to act failrly quick to secure hotel rooms.

Might be too late now to race, trackday fully booked... I will have to stay here this time, couldn't get a ride up there. sad.png We will be at BIRA though this friday morning...

Haha looking at this now i was mixed up between threads about this track day and the WSBK in March. I am thinking of driving from Pattaya to the WSBK in March.lol

Here are the photos of the parts and necessary wiring. Also radiator liquid filler cap needs to be wired as well i guess.

That is some very poor lock wiring.

Photo 3 of a coolant filler cap is sort of right in that the lock wire is applying tension in the correct direction but really the lock wire should be attached to something more rigid than a hose clip on a rubber hose and the end of the lock wire should be folded over to reduce the risk of injury.

If you look at photo 4 of the oil filter you will see that the lock wire is not under tension and is attached to a flexible part of the hose clip around the oil filter.

If you look at photo 5 of the sump plug if the plug were to loosen the lock wire would reduce in tension. It should be the opposite. The lock wire should be under tension at the offset and the tension increases if the component tends to loosen.

In photo 7 of the filler plug again tension is being applied in the wrong direction so that if the lock wire were to achieve anything it would be to loosen the plug. Not that there is any tension in the wire. Again the end of the wire should be folded over to reduce the risk of injury. The filler plug has multiple drillings and so it would have been easy to get this right. The fact that they did not clearly shows that they do not understand lock wiring. They seem to have only one type of lock wire. Lock wire is available in at least three different thicknesses from which a selection is made based on the particular application.

I could go on but I am sure you get the picture.

If you want to see lock wiring done right go look at an aeroplane.

• Like 1

Here are the photos of the parts and necessary wiring. Also radiator liquid filler cap needs to be wired as well i guess.

That is some very poor lock wiring.

Photo 3 of a coolant filler cap is sort of right in that the lock wire is applying tension in the correct direction but really the lock wire should be attached to something more rigid than a hose clip on a rubber hose and the end of the lock wire should be folded over to reduce the risk of injury.

If you look at photo 4 of the oil filter you will see that the lock wire is not under tension and is attached to a flexible part of the hose clip around the oil filter.

If you look at photo 5 of the sump plug if the plug were to loosen the lock wire would reduce in tension. It should be the opposite. The lock wire should be under tension at the offset and the tension increases if the component tends to loosen.

In photo 7 of the filler plug again tension is being applied in the wrong direction so that if the lock wire were to achieve anything it would be to loosen the plug. Not that there is any tension in the wire. Again the end of the wire should be folded over to reduce the risk of injury. The filler plug has multiple drillings and so it would have been easy to get this right. The fact that they did not clearly shows that they do not understand lock wiring. They seem to have only one type of lock wire. Lock wire is available in at least three different thicknesses from which a selection is made based on the particular application.

I could go on but I am sure you get the picture.

If you want to see lock wiring done right go look at an aeroplane.

good info.

I know some of the info you say but not all.

I would be happy to let you do my wiring of course with a payment next time if you are free and if you are living in Bangkok.

event was great! Well organized. Loved every minute of it!

And Buriram track is magnificent. best track i rode in my life. super smooth and well designed - apart from the pit entrance which is a bit tight and in the middle of a tight turn.

Moreover, it has really good facilities. ACed rooms, tribunes, pit area all superb and new.

Kudos for Nevin Chidchob for the huge investment and giving us a great place to ride.

reached a maximum of 210 KPH on the longest flat and around 190 kph at two other long flats. a sprocket change should be good for this track for my bike.

I felt the most confidence on a this track and of course diablo rosso corsa track/road tires helped a great deal, keens down all the time!

Also had great time with buddies.

My plan was getting the company pick up but due to the huge traffic congestion to Nakhon Ratchasima and and feedback from buddies that drove there for 10 hours, i cancelled the pick up and rode instead to Buri Ram - 3 hours.

Also, they opened Friday afternoon as an extra session but i could not make it that session but went there to meet with my buddies. All the buddies were there!

There were around 150 cool bikes including 10 cbr650f like me. dont see many bike below 650 cc, only a couple of ninja300.

but had some adventures!:)

had problems with my bike during the last sessions on Saturday afternoon!

Bike started to overheat and flush boiled water from the hose down! Besides, temp light came on!

Had my trusted mech 'Ann' from bigwing there so we tried to fix the problem but no avail. It did the same again at the next session. flushing boiled water and temp light on.

Tried everything. Problem was cooling system that was not cooling the engine. I was suspecting from radiator and all pumps were fine and no leaks etc. So, had no chance but to end the track day as did not want to risk an engine overhaul:(

called 'Mondial Road Side Assistance' around 16:00 and they arrived Buri Ram at 18:00 to tow my bike with a big truck for towing cars. Luckily it was free so thanks Honda. but it took 6 hours to Bangkok and i went with the truck and arrived Bigwing at 12:00 midnight and left the bike hoping no problems inside the engine.

So, lost half mornign session on Sunday:(

I can totally recommend this Mondial Road side assistance and i will renew it for next year. Service was professional, bike was tied down nicely - they were aware of what they were doing, and it was a big tow truck actually for cars and trucks. But paid a small surcharge above 300 kms, less than what i will spend on petrol normally to reach Bangkok. Guys was nice as well.

Checked the bike on Sunday with Ann at Bigwing and as i guessed, problem was originated from the radiator. As it was half clogged with concrete, dirt and road grime! And although i clean my bike every week and clean the radiator with pressurized water. The took the radiator and clean it and surprise, it was also clogged just under the fan on the back of the radiator! Anyway, it is cleaned nicely but took a lot of time to clean the concrete. Not sure how concrete end up on the radiator especially on the back! I suspect it came from the metro line construction near my home as guys there constantly use concrete and possibly it splashed to the radiator and get sucked to the back of it.

Bike is fine now. No problems with the engine or any other thing. Just radiator is cleaned and all good.

Overall, it was a great event and worth every satang. it was a lot of fun to take turns with confidence at high speeds unlike other tracks in Thailand. tires are burned edge to edge too:)

Next one will be held on February, cannot wait!

photos coming.

• Like 2

Sorry you had issues ll2 :(

Nice pics. That raceway rocks. They did a real world class job on putting the track together. Had to be some Farang engineers that built it.

To bad Bira is no where near the quality. I am waiting to see if they will eventually get some drifting sessions for cars. I have a couple rides I can use if I buy a new set of tires & pay any incidental damages. The track looks like it has 2 places that would be perfect for drifting.

• Like 1

I would have thought that a 650 Honda could go a lot quicker than 210 down that main straight. I was there for the Asian 600

and I thought they were doing 240 possibly more. Having said that though I've neve ridden a 650 CBRF but I had a mate who had a 600RR that passed me one day, I asked him how fast he was doing, I was going 225, he said 240.

I would have thought that a 650 Honda could go a lot quicker than 210 down that main straight. I was there for the Asian 600

and I thought they were doing 240 possibly more. Having said that though I've neve ridden a 650 CBRF but I had a mate who had a 600RR that passed me one day, I asked him how fast he was doing, I was going 225, he said 240.

600rr and 650f are different bikes with difference performance envelopes.

650f is a 86 hp bike and for example a honda cbr 600rr is around 120 hp plus those 600 cc bikes on Asian 600 races are dedicated track bikes most probably making a lot more power.

600rr and 650f are different bikes with difference performance envelopes.

650f is a 86 hp bike and for example a honda cbr 600rr is around 120 hp plus those 600 cc bikes on Asian 600 races are dedicated track bikes most probably making a lot more power.

My 2012 Kawasaki ER6N Wheezer ... topped out at 200 kph ...

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

The harsh light of day ...

It was a great day ... I have some GoPro videos that I will eventually get sorted out ...

Sorry ll2 didn't realise the 650 was a glorified commuter.

Track days are a lot of fun. Did they have groups like slow/medium/fast. Otherwise it would be a bit iffy. Last track day I went to in Australia they had 4 groups. I started in slow, that was excruciating, went up to not so slow and finished the day in the second fastest group. Most people had tyre warmers, trailers etc. As opposed to 15 years ago not many ride their bike to the track anymore. A maximum speed of 200 would probably see you stuck in the slow group with the vintage bikes and the old

small 2 strokes and the chicks on R1s. You pass them down the straight and they hold you up through the corners.

• 2 weeks later...