AirAsia to connect Chiang Mai with Samui

webfact

AirAsia to connect Chiang Mai with Samui

air-asia-plane.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- AirAsia is launching a new service linking two of Thailand’s foremost tourist destinations – Chiang Mai and Koh Samui.

Commencing on 1 November 2014, the low-cost carrier will operate daily flights between Chiang Mai, in northern Thailand, and the southern town of Surat Thani – the gateway to the island of Koh Samui.

“We are focusing on diversifying our routes this year,” explained Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia. “Chiang Mai-Surat Thani is an exciting addition as it allows for travellers from Chiang Mai to make their way to the ocean.

“The island transfer via car and ferry to Koh Samui should be another great allure for Thai travellers as well as visitors from China and Europe who appreciate convenient and cost effective travel,” he added.

Flights will depart Chiang Mai every day at 1230, arriving in Surat Thani at 1420. The return leg will then leave at 1450, getting back into Chiang Mai at 1645. As with all AirAsia flights, the new route will be operated using a 180-seat, all-economy Airbus A320 aircraft.

As well as standard airfares, Thai AirAsia will offer land and ferry transfers to Koh Samui.

Travel Daily Media

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-09-22

There are a number of bright red ad posters on side of the ring road,....

"990 baht Samui Chang Mai" .... I am guessing before taxes etc!

I just looked at their web site, no mention of Samui (yet) ... except Lipa Noi which would mean it would leave from Surrat!

How did you find it Tropo?

Edited by samuijimmy

I just looked at their web site, no mention of Samui (yet) ... except Lipa Noi which would mean it would leave from Surrat!

590 baht CNX-URT

590 baht CNX-URT

opps did I miss read the sign,? facepalm.gif I did mean to stop and take a photo... that helps me remember things ! tongue.png

I went to 'book a flight' and on 'origin' look under "Thailand (Island and city transfer)" there is 'Samui (Lipa Noi Pier)'

Good if you can get it.

590 baht CNX-URT

opps did I miss read the sign,? facepalm.gif I did mean to stop and take a photo... that helps me remember things ! tongue.png

Who is more forgetful ...PS ? .... I guess I have not lost quite all my marbles yet! tongue.png

I always hate when ads say "from" ..... facepalm.gif

IMG_8217.JPG

So I wonder if it includes the elephant ride too!? whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Who is more forgetful ...PS ? .... I guess I have not lost quite all my marbles yet! tongue.png

I always hate when ads say "from" ..... facepalm.gif

590 from surat.

990 from Lipa noi = 400 baht for transfer.

ah... certainly very misleading for anyone just driving by the posters!... oh well better than that other Airline....whistling.gif

• Like 1

I hate taking the slow ferries, so I usually buy tickets directly from URT-elsewhere, then take the Catamaran. Lompraya wants 700bt including bus transport to airport, which is fine for me.

I also save on the transportation to Nathon catamaran pier, because I only need a song thiaw ride @ 60bt, while if I'll have to pay much more to get to the Raja ferry port if using AirAsia connecting options. If I remember correctly, a motorbike taxi from Nathon to Raja pier will cost you 100-150 bt on top of the 60bt for song thiaw from Chaweng.

Taking the catamaran, you will also have alternative option to travel from NST-DMK instead if there happens to be cheaper promotional tickets on that route. Lompraya wants only 600bt to Nakhonsi Thammarat airport. However, AisAsia prices tends to coincidentally be 100bt more from NST than from URT to DMK, so it evens out. (690 NST vs 590 URT)

Edited by Mole