Mystery over death of retired Phuket cop

webfact

Mystery over death of retired Phuket cop
Eakkapop Thongtub

1411388188_1-org.jpg
Rescue staff check the body for signs of violence. None was found.

PHUKET: -- Mystery surrounds the death of a former policeman found dead in his one-floor house in Rassada last night (September 21).

Police came to investigate after neighbours reported a rotten smell emanating from the house.

Inside, officers found the body of former Phuket Court policeman Lt Anan Thongkam, 65, lying on the bed. It could be seen that he had bled copiously from his nose and mouth. His face was purple. He had been dead for at least two days.

Police could find no sign of foul play, but relatives said that a gold bracelet Lt Anan always wore was missing.

One relative said, “I called him on Friday and there was no answer. But he was always healthy so his death seems very suspicious. We believe he was poisoned and whoever did it stole the bracelet.”

Lt Anan was known among his neighbours as the man to go to for a loan.

Police are investigating.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/mystery-over-death-of-retired-phuket-cop-48835.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-23

My money is on a "friend", neighbor or relative finding him dead of natural causes, stealing the bracelet then calling the cops.

If he died of natural causes, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the guys in the photo took the braclet.

The article mentions a lot of blood from the nose and mouth, but not if this was the caused by trauma to the face/head.