Russian card skimmer arrested at Hua Mark, Bangkok

webfact

On a side note after reading a similar article a few months ago in the paper i phoned kasikorn bank up to request a block on all international ATM transactions on my card, they told me it cannot be done but they have new cards that guarentee no skimming, of course the translation in the conversation was such that next time i used my card it swallowed it up, when i went down to get a new super no skimming card, it was just the same cards as before.

So i now have 1 account with no ATM and then a second account which i feed small money to with an ATM card

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put him in a cell filled with Ukranianscheesy.gifwai2.gif

For exchange useful information about skimming technology?

JFYI, Ukraine is one of the biggest source of cc fraud.

Just couple examples:

Accounts hacked in Ukraine after using ATMs

**** Link to Bangkok Post removed: 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum. ****

Ukrainian Arrested With Fake ATM Cards

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/ukrainian-arrested-with-fake-atm-cards/

p.s. Crime doesn't have nationality. So, accusing all the nation (Russian, Ukrainian, Australian, American etc) and asking to ban them entering Thailand just because some citizen committed crime is incorrect.

According this logic Thailand should deny all the citizens of some European countries to enter Thailand because some paedophiles from those countries abused Thai children.

Edited by metisdead

Why can't banks make clean streamlined ATM's.

Everybody move over to Bangkok Bank,where they at least have chipped cards.If the other banks take the hint,move back.It is our complacency that is the problem,vote with your feet and at least reward a bank that is making an effort.

I bet their cards do have an additional magnetic strip for compatibility with ATMs not yet supporting chip cards. But of course it's a step into the right direction. More banks should follow.

One of the quality, high-end Russian tourists that Thailand bends over backwards to accommodate. Keep 'em coming, real 'value added'.

They definitely bring in more value than English teachers working on a tourist visa.

Probable one of your mafia connections from back home. cheesy.gif

It seems to be the banks aren't overly concerned with ATM / credit card fraud . I base my assumption on the few times ive been hacked and communication ive had with my home countries banks. I did make a constructive suggestion to solve my issue happening again but with zero interest from them.

Their comments were that the criminals technology is better than ours....

Iv said it once and ill say it again, if the banks devised a way to use one time password sent to the users mobile phone it may iliminate alot of the card skimming, not fool proof but better....

That my friend is a brilliant idea except for the fact they would be charged the cost of the sms and of course not everyone has a mobile phone.

However why don't they do it at customer requests? They do when you use your credit card on line and I would be happy to pay 10 or 15 baht knwoing my 50 baht plus change I have in the ATM was safe.

First bank that does it has my vote and my money.

Another point a bit of subject why on earth don't they give your card back then the money you withdraw making it impossible to leave your card in the machine?...........I love Thais and Thailand but sometimes they just don't bloody think.

You put in the card.....get your money....get your card back..or do another transaction...what is so hard about that? Just say no to the next transaction.

Hahah

Now we all know why are there so many Condo projects all over the city.

So your conclusion is that all Russians/Ukrainians are criminals and they all need a place to live ?

The Royal Thai Police did a good job again , lets hope they will catch the rest of the gang .

So sad that Thailand has become the new CRIME HUB of South East Asia

When I first began to visit Thailand foreigners were generally law abiding and respectful. It was a lot to do with economics. Mainly 'middle class' tourists visited. It was quite expensive to fly in and stay

But the advent of cheap flights and package holidays changed all that. The quality of visitor altered. Even UK benefit claimants could afford two weeks in the sun between giro payments

Am I sounding impossibly snobbish? Well, yes, I probably am, but Thailand's cheapness as a destination has now sucked in all these unsavoury Eastern Europeans and the government seems to be pandering to their every need

Numbers of tourists seems to be the only watchword for the tourism industry here. If only they would concentrate on quality rather than quantity

What's the point of increasing Thailand's GDP if, as a consequence, the country descends into s crime ridden sh-t hole?

he looks like 100% yaba addict

why nobody on TV starts this leftist talk: it's not his fault, he is addicted, his mom may be abused him during the childhood, he was risen in the poor family and blah blah? may be because he is Russian?

double standards, dear friends

Edited by Jeffreyake