Diabetes - How Are You Getting Your Medizin?

Kf6vci

Hello: I was just diagnosed with a glucose value of 381. My eyes have been causing trouble and after certain meals, I felt a bit woozy. Are there any diabetes centres in the BKK & Pattaya areas? How much do you pay to get a prescription for some insulin type drug? Which quantities can you buy? Are the prices okay? ** I will also need 2 hormones, Testosterone and DHEA. The latter cannot be bought at all in Germany, even with a doctor's prescription (nanny knows best - German Customs even confiscated "Centrum A-Z" I sent to an old lady as a present from the USA). Any idea whether those can be obtained? DHEA is very cheap in the USA and I wonder if the import is banned in Thailand. Thank you!

Been there myself, my level was also in the high three hundreds, but after only a month of going on a very strict diet I was able to get it down to 130 or so. Any hospital should be able to help out and since I have insurance, I don't know that actual prices but they shouldn't be too high (much lower than in the US or Europe). My non-expert/non-medical advice is to control your diet first and don't only rely on medication. Cut back on the amount you eat and eat a balanced diet and get some exercise (walking a couple of hours a day will probably do more to help than taking some pills).

Cheers

Good luck

I am diabetic as well!

Getting my insulin and pen for free at the hospital here in Phuket.

I am working even as a Chef, but no problems at all :o

It sounds if you are German like me so if you need any advice send me PM with your mobile number.

And don't worry to much.

Gerd