58-year-old maimed Thai father seeks adopter for 12-year-old girl

webfact

58-year-old maimed father seeks adopter for 12-year-old girl

BANGKOK: -- A 58-year-old father, whose both legs have amputated following a road accident, urgently called for kindhearted people to adopt his 12-year-old daughter, fearing he would be jailed soon.

Chaliew Sonklin, a resident of Angthong's Pamok district, said he had unwittingly bought a flag pole that police said had been stolen.

He said he would be charged in court on October 7 and he expected that he would be jailed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/58-year-old-maimed-father-seek-adopter-for-12-year-30243919.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-23

Is this entirely necessary, surely there is some department that can assist in this matter, the fathers position is that his daughter needs care, where is the rest of the family, I would like to think that the farther is genuine , the easy way is just hand back the flag pole and leave it there, weird this .

A 58 year old double amputees steals a flag pole? seriously? Hopefully the press will make some mercy flow his direction.

A return of property and a fine at the most.

You would think the courts would show mercy - partly because of his daughter and partly 'cause he's not actually able to steal a flagpole.

Very confused here.....

He will be jailed for buying a stolen flagpole.......and he wants his daughter to be adopted?

Is this a real story or an April fools story in the middle of September?

I'm not Sherlock Holmes but there must be something else behind this story.

Not in Thailand, somebody will be jailed for a petty crime like this and especially if the guy has been amputated.

No way, I can believe this story.

This Is Thailand and nothing surprise me anymore.

Hope he has enough money to bail himself out of jail.

This is an English language forum, English language is the only acceptable language, except for the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed. With that in mind, if you're going to post links to news sources, let's use English language sites only for any news updates. Posts containing links to Thai language sites have been removed as well as the replies.

At the time the blog was written he was 48, he lost his legs in a head on collision with another truck when he fell asleep at the wheel, age 36 but the blog says he hadn't had an accident in 20 years. He has no drivers license. There is no mention of what happened to the driver of the other truck. Yikes! I hope the girl finds a secure place to stay, whether he goes to jail or not, she doesn't have one now.

A 58 year old double amputees steals a flag pole? seriously? Hopefully the press will make some mercy flow his direction.

Chaliew Sonklin, a resident of Angthong's Pamok district, said he had unwittingly bought a flag pole that police said had been stolen.

He didn't steal the flag pole.

Ofcourse he don't want to adopt away his daughter!

This is a cry for help.

What a disgrace for a country calling itself Bhuddist!!bah.gif

Instead of donating to the fat monks in their golden temples, what about "making merit" by helping a fellow Thai i dire need of help??

If anyone is in the area of this poor guy, I am willing to donate 1000baht/month for as long as it is needed.

If a few others do the same, maybe we can create a decent life for this guy and his daugther.

Not just talk, so if anyone is willing to organize some kind of charity, just PM the details and I will transfer the money.

I am on board as well and happy to contribute 1000 Baht every month.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very confused here.....

He will be jailed for buying a stolen flagpole.......and he wants his daughter to be adopted?

Not in Thailand, somebody will be jailed for a petty crime like this and especially if the guy has been amputated.

I am sorry to say this and I hope I am wrong It sound very fish and looks like he is trying to sell his 12 years daughter

• Like 1

Sad story but this person seems very resourceful and doubt he will have too difficult a time finding a caring family to help take care of his girl should he go away for a period. Am more curious to know why he would go to jail for receiving a stolen flag pole ... was it still attached to a house or is there something not being told such as a criminal past of receiving stolen property that would warrant incarceration.

I could obviously be wrong but suspect his resourcefulness is what got his story in the news.

Alledgedly, he lost his legs at aged 36 in a crash. His daughter is alledgedly 12 years old, and he's 58?

Pull the other one.

What seems to be the problem, I wasn't aware that legs were necessary to father a child?

The OP does not say that he 'stole' it.

Yeah read it wrong, but being getting timer for buying something stolen seems equally odd.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very confused here.....

I am sorry to say this and I hope I am wrong It sound very fish and looks like he is trying to sell his 12 years daughter

Possible, but I rather think this is clever publicity to get sympathy, money, and support.

He likely has no real interest in adopting out his daughter, and likely will not go to prison, but the story has already gained willing donors. Good on him.