Koh Tao murders: Police free bar owners and look for ex-village headman's son

webfact

@c4sparks: Thai police tell @Channel4News that 'prime suspect' in Koh Tao murders 'on the run' in Bangkok is in fact not on the run and not a suspect.

They have just released the passport photo of the suspect Warrot aged 22 ( Woraphan Toovichien's son) who is on the run in bangkok an hour ago.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@c4sparks: Thai police tell @Channel4News that 'prime suspect' in Koh Tao murders 'on the run' in Bangkok is in fact not on the run and not a suspect.

They have just released the passport photo of the suspect Warrot aged 22 ( Woraphan Toovichien's son) who is on the run in bangkok an hour ago.

Curious - that was tweeted by John Sparks - asia correspondent for UK Channel4 News - 15 mins ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand Mon's brother owns AC bar and some resort. Mon is just his brother. I don't think he owns the beach. Why is a civilian trampling all over the crime scene with police. This has not been explained away at all.

Neither him or his brother own the piece of the beach where the bodies was found. Even if it was so, then police should without a doubt have removed all civilians from the crime scene as it was locked down for investigation.

Yes that is right, nobody really owns any of the land on Koh Tao. Just squatter rights and buildings upon squatted land. In the news he was portrayed as owner of AC Bar initially while later that was corrected to the In Touch Bar. All the same family to which these squatting rights were handed to and own much of everything on Sairee, so I think it is just a minor detail here who owns exactly what.

Exactamundo, in general there isn't "tabian ban" on the rock, and specially not on the actual beach.

Anyway, my point was mainly that no matter what, then as he is a civilian, then he should have been removed from the crime scene even if he was owner or the first at the crime scene.

Even though that he want to make it seem that he like to play private investigator with his police pal, then he wouldn't have anything to do walking around the evidence at a murder crime scene.

So on 15 September two people get slaughtered, the woman raped and sodomized. And then someone remembers on 21 September seeing the Scottish guitar guy covered in blood at the night of the murder. Sure you will forget seeing something like that only to remember it 6 days later.

The claim or accusation is that "the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner"

But now that a link has been given it seems it actually is "“Thais wouldn’t do this” pronounced a leading policeman."

Certainly not the same and no translation or big letters needed. Would it have hurt thesetat to have done the work you traviss have now done. Thank you.

It is all this making up quotes, they must have done this or it must have been like that from know all TVers that make reading a serious thread about the murder of two people a nightmare. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been shut down.

Tried using the ignore feature of TV?

I have added more than 100 posters this week... As soon as I get an entire page with "You have chosen to ignore this poster" messages I will post a screen dump. laugh.png

Any decent person would say something like " I cannot believe a (your nationality) person could do such a thing."

How what he said became policy and meant the police were "ignoring" Thais just beggars belief...

I know of the ignore feature but try to give people the benefit of the doubt and wait to see if they qualify some of the wild stuff they write. I also know that it could be the Beer Chang talking and that after a good nights rest they can come back with a more alert mind and sensible post. I also understand that sometimes things get lost in translation as with the quote of what the policeman said. I don't know why but the post by thesetat just got to me, that is why I queried it. Maybe I found it so unbelievable that someone would say such a silly thing. I don't know. From the start to the finish of all these Koh Tao murder threads all I really want to read is: 'Police arrested the culprits.', 'found guilty in court', & 'sentenced to xxx' hopefully in rapid succession. The rest of the stuff in between seems to be twaddle from all sides and as you say beggars belief!

So on 15 September two people get slaughtered, the woman raped and sodomized. And then someone remembers on 21 September seeing the Scottish guitar guy covered in blood at the night of the murder. Sure you will forget seeing something like that only to remember it 6 days later.

Not only did the person see him, as far as i read, then she actually helped him clean blood of him.

Not only did the person see him, as far as i read, then she actually helped him clean blood of him.

So where is she ? I think Lies and more lies from this guy Mon. I also think he was there with his nephews and is trying to find an escape goat.

So where is she ? I think Lies and more lies from this guy Mon. I also think he was there with his nephews and is trying to find an escape goat.

My guess is that she will appear in this case as soon as they have found an employee that will vouch for them.

Please people stop repeating lies and stories and invented characters that do not exist. You are making this thread impossible to read! The police are looking for one man. So be it!

Lies? But it's previously stated that they have found semen from 2 different individuals? Also stated, that from other things at the crime scene it appears to be more than one murder.

Also, if it is this one guy that they are currently looking for, what are the odds for the investigation involvement of the uncle being trying to be meddling with the case? Do you honestly think that if it is this young man, that no one else has been involved at least in trying to make a coverup?

maybe you should try to actually follow the news, and not just the comments, and you will see that it would be very strange if it was so that it's only one man, and the relatives was just trying to help the police find the guilty, come on!

Edit: Why do you want people to shut up? Why did you only create a profile here on TV after this case started and also only been commenting on things related to this story?

Edited by Iumentum

Please people stop repeating lies and stories and invented characters that do not exist. You are making this thread impossible to read! The police are looking for one man. So be it!

Koh Tao suspects 'Asian men'

THAILAND: The DNA found in a victim's body in the Koh Tao double murder belonged to two Asian men, according to deputy police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung.

The test results from the semen found in the female victim's body indicated the suspects were Mongoloid and not Caucasian.

The results helped narrow down the search, said Pol Gen Somyot, who will become the national police chief on October 1.

[...]Earlier, the autopsy on Ms Witheridge found semen from two people [...]

xtpn.jpg.pagespeed.ic.C_p7GTU0Be.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-09-20

The problem with the investigation in this case is the fact that this is the South of Thailand and all the Islands are controlled by the local Mafia. The police have little say on what goes on and turn a blind eye. The thugs who control these Islands are a law unto themselves and tourist should be warned about not being deceived by the smiling faces. Every news paper and TV channel tells a different story which leads to total confusion,but that I believe is what the Thai police want. There should be a way of bringing in professional investigators and putting an end to the bumbling Thai Police.

Is this him ... 201011_15_S_Asian_Ronald_McDonald.jpg

He's even at the ATM ready to pay the fine...

Sean was convicted of possessing photos of naked underage girls.

Doesn't automatically make him a murder though.

Not saying he is, just trying to help solve this case, so all avenues must be looked at.

It does however make him a "perfect" scapegoat, beside the fact that they already claimed it was asians who raped her.

Lies? But it's previously stated that they have found semen from 2 different individuals? Also stated, that from other things at the crime scene it appears to be more than one murder.

Also, if it is this one guy that they are currently looking for, what are the odds for the investigation involvement of the uncle being trying to be meddling with the case? Do you honestly think that if it is this young man, that no one else has been involved at least in trying to make a coverup?

maybe you should try to actually follow the news, and not just the comments, and you will see that it would be very strange if it was so that it's only one man, and the relatives was just trying to help the police find the guilty, come on!

Edit: Why do you want people to shut up? Why did you only create a profile here on TV after this case started and also only been commenting on things related to this story?

Please, keep blathering on! Your insights are profound! You have posted about 65 times in this thread alone and are only adding to the confusion.

Please at least click on a few ads so that someone profits from this garbage!

Can someone tell me how to *block* a forum poster so I don't have to read this ridiculous garbage? I can't seem to figure it out.

And FYI I have read everything and I am sorry I did! coffee1.gif >>>> blink.png $% w00t.gif ????? bah.gif !!!!!!!

Sean was convicted of possessing photos of naked underage girls.

Doesn't automatically make him a murder though.

Could to weird goings on though. whistling.gif

In my book a bloke involved with kiddy stuff is strange, odd, mental, and should stay out my way.........

Wouldn't be the type i would hang out with either, but to be fair, i actually don't know much about that case, and what kind of photos we are talking about here. For all i know it could be photos that he wasn't aware that was of an underaged girl, because she might have been 17 and looked "legal".

Not saying that they should not look into Sean, because as i have stated before, then i think Sean knows more than he told the public, but question remains if he actually have told it to some who turned out to be the wrong people.

Remember that Sean are not new to neither Koh Tao or to AC Bar. Sean know what kind of people he would be up against, so if he really did commit the murder, i doubt that he would try to frame it on some of the most powerful families on the rock.

Edited by Iumentum

Am I correct if I say:

1) The investigation started with the leading police officer in charge giving a racist statement to the press, saying, "This atrocity could never have been performed by a Thai!"

2) Police and other people first at the crime scene have released shocking and uncensored photos of the victims.

3) Police leaked sensitive info to the media.

4) The media put all this info out in the open, including intimate details about in which body cavities semen (asian semen from two different persons!) was found.

5) Police hunts down a british friend of the couple, arrests him and has to let him go as blood stains did not match DNA.

6) Another Brit is hunted, threatened and chased into a minimart by two Thai men, who tell him they would kill him and make it look a suicide to use him as scapegoat. Police questions the two Thais but make no arrest.

7) The two Thai death thread bullies are not even contained, fined, or anything for their crime and refuse a DNA test and police says "Yeah, ok! No problem!"
8) Relatives of a very influential member of a Thai mafia circle on the tiny island end up in police focus.
9) One of them has "fled" to Bangkok, despite the police boasting earlier that the island was "sealed off".
10) Now as the plot thickens, one Thai suspect in custody, one of the run (why?) all of a sudden, someone remembers seeing another Brit 6 days ago with blood on his shirt, but failed to mention it, and (obviously) another scape goat is been taken for a ride...

This all said (given that I am correct with the above), would it be true if I would say that the case investigation is led by corrupt officials on a corrupted island with "island laws", made up by a handful of influential mafiosis, in a country that can't achieve anything but chaos and boast about what hub of what it will become next?

Edited by catweazle

I've been following this from the very beginning and what I am sick of is the constant RTP bashing in this thread, and others like these.

It seems from reading peoples comments that they have years of law enforcement experience & consider themselves to be Sherlock Holmes. If you bashers think you can do a decent job then why don't you get yourself to Koh Tao and lend them a hand?

As someone who has experience in law enforcement I can tell you, investigating a murder and gathering evidence to show to the court is not easy.

How can you preserve evidence on a beach as best you can without compromising it when the sea can wash away vital bits?

How are you going to identify witnesses if none are willing to come forward?

The murder didn't occur directly underneath a CCTV camera, so how are you going to know how many suspects you're looking for or what they look like?

How are you going to lock down an island with many entry/exit points with a limited amount of officers?

What tasks are you going to prioritise when you used your finite amount of officers, and your nearest back up is 2 hours away with the sea in between?

People have been saying it's a Thai, Burmese, influential person who committed the murder. I ask you where is your evidence to support your theory? Gut feelings and hearsay don't hold up in a court of law I'm afraid.

Oh and not all Thai police officers are corrupt, so why tar them with the same brush? You guys won't like it if people say retired Farang men only come to Thailand to marry young Thai women would you?

My grandfather did not die in the line of duty on a drug raid just to be labeled bent.

Rant over …

It seems like the only real evidential lead is the seaman. Finding the match can takes hours to years, it's unfortunately just a waiting game now.

So as a [semi]-expert, how many police officers do YOU suggest are necessary to secure

a crime scene about 10 X 50 meters for the first 2 hours until reinforcement come from the

mainland? Looking at some of the pictures, two days later, seems to me even 20 police

officers didn't manage to secure that site. Now would you suggest that's good police work?

You suggest, the first reinforcement would take at least 2 hours to get from Koh Phangan to

Koh Tao. Be assured, they do have some real fancy speedboats and are not rowing 20 miles

by Kayak. Took me with my small nutshell just about 35 minutes from Tongsala to Maehaad.

OK, now lets assume, the boat was not ready and had to be refueled first, the police in Samui

and Surat Thani had a 2 hours briefing and it might have taken even 10 hours to get here, it

still took those highly trained police officers you defend so vigorously, more than 48 hours to

converge on the island to finally search for clues, although the crime scene was still not secured.

Even the FBI would have been able to take samples of evidence, coming all the way from the

USA, in less than 48 hours.

As you rightly say, not all police is corrupt but police take orders and do what they are told

to do by their superiors. Nothing more [well, at least not officially], nothing less.

Now you ask, where is the evidence to support the theory it could have been a Thai, a Burmese

or influential person who committed that crime. Maybe the DNA taken from the victims? Well,

as you said and I'm sure, your grandad must have told you too, most crime investigations start

with a theory which will need to be proven with evidence which of course will take some time.

So you too, be patient and wait till the evidence has been sorted through and if the different

theories people came up with prove to be wrong and it was a foreigner with mongoloid DNA

as example, then rant again.

Please, keep blathering on! Your insights are profound! You have posted about 65 times in this thread alone and are only adding to the confusion.

Please at least click on a few ads so that someone profits from this garbage!

Can someone tell me how to *block* a forum poster so I don't have to read this ridiculous garbage? I can't seem to figure it out.

And FYI I have read everything and I am sorry I did! coffee1.gif >>>> blink.png $% w00t.gif ????? bah.gif !!!!!!!

Don't call people out on lies, if you cannot stand the heat you will get in return.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to what you have been reading, if you honestly think that there is only one man who should be convicted in this case.

How blue are your eyes? seriously!!!