Koh Tao murders: Police free bar owners and look for ex-village headman's son

webfact

I also think that Sean probably got information about this case, but maybe he did try to share that info, but with the wrong people.

Anyway, if i was in his shoes, guilty or not, and if he is in fact out of Thailand now, i sure wouldn't return unless i was forced to.

Yes I agree, But I am sure he is the key to all. Just take a look at the photos of him in 7/11 trying to get into a deep freeze What a load of bull.

Oh, back to the chilling in Thailand photos? Seriously? Is that the best reason you can come up with to find him and his story suspicious? Have you never have a photo taken where you did something silly just for the fun of it? There is a whole bunch of far more suspicious things to dig up to find a reason to link Sean to the incident.

Very poor attempt, please come again!

Edit: oh, and i hope you're not really linking that deep freezer photo to the incident where Sean should have been threatened to hang himself, where he ran to a 7-11.

Look mate,

I dont know who the hell you are,and what you do. But you seem to know more about this than the Police. Yes I am linking the photos of him to the case

as he looks to me to be as high as a kite sitting on to of the deep freeze,and before you say anything,yes I would say it to his face,and I would not need a garden

Hoe to protect myself

Now I sugest you get your ass and go down to that shitty little island,and do your Arthur Conan Doyle stuff there,and stop picking OK The guy is up to his ears in it Period

Read what i write before you get all bend out of shape.

I asked if you linked the photo to the incident where he fled into the 7-11 after being threatened to hang himself.

Seems like i do know quite a bit more about the case than you do, so maybe you should either look into the case or stop doing your Arthur Conan Doyle style here by claiming that you bet that Sean is the key to this whole thing and then trying to relate the "chilling in Thailand" photo to this case.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tragic and terrible case shows the power of social media, both good and bad.

On the downside folks fly off theories, prejudices and nonsense, conjecturing this and that without knowing the real facts.

On the other hand, the internet sleuths expose discrepancies, lies and feeble excuses.

10 years ago or more these vicious murders would have merited a half page in the 2 English language newspapers and then disappeared.

Now nothing is hidden anymore, cameras and video recorders are everywhere, transparency is what is demanded today

Institutions built on a network of patronage and connections will have to adapt, and the government must respond with decent salaries and welfare for police officers so that corruption is not worth it, both by punishment and income.

I too am wondering how come they managed to get the test done so quickly, further how do we know that the sample sent for testing hasn't been switched with sample from another person??? Is there anyone overseeing the testing and sample collection to ensure that is not tampered with?

Test the two sons so we can move on. With out testing Results I would so far place my money on the sons and their uncle. I think three people were involved in this crime.
My current thinking (only an idea): An argument between the uncle and the Brits at the bar happens. The uncle and two of his brother's sons confront the Brits at crime location. Matters get out of hand and they kill the man and decide they need to kill the witness also but the sons decide to rape her in the process. The uncle runs off home and the sons leave the island. The uncle is seen in the video running without shirt as it had blood on it and he was in a hurry to get away from the area.
Maybe ??

According to ThaiPBS report, above, the uncle and his brother have tested negative.

Didn't they just provide DNA sample? How can that be known as negative already?

I too am wondering how come they managed to get the test done so quickly, further how do we know that the sample sent for testing hasn't been switched with sample from another person??? Is there anyone overseeing the testing and sample collection to ensure that is not tampered with?

Test the two sons so we can move on. With out testing Results I would so far place my money on the sons and their uncle. I think three people were involved in this crime.

My current thinking (only an idea): An argument between the uncle and the Brits at the bar happens. The uncle and two of his brother's sons confront the Brits at crime location. Matters get out of hand and they kill the man and decide they need to kill the witness also but the sons decide to rape her in the process. The uncle runs off home and the sons leave the island. The uncle is seen in the video running without shirt as it had blood on it and he was in a hurry to get away from the area.

Maybe ??

According to ThaiPBS report, above, the uncle and his brother have tested negative.

Didn't they just provide DNA sample? How can that be known as negative already?

I think for all other samples in this case it took more than 48 hours to have a result, with these it took less than 24 as far as i have been able to see from the reports.

And yes, with right connections you can probably easily have samples switched around.

This tragic and terrible case shows the power of social media, both good and bad.

On the downside folks fly off theories, prejudices and nonsense, conjecturing this and that without knowing the real facts.

On the other hand, the internet sleuths expose discrepancies, lies and feeble excuses.

10 years ago or more these vicious murders would have merited a half page in the 2 English language newspapers and then disappeared.

Now nothing is hidden anymore, cameras and video recorders are everywhere, transparency is what is demanded today

Institutions built on a network of patronage and connections will have to adapt, and the government must respond with decent salaries and welfare for police officers so that corruption is not worth it, both by punishment and income.

Ahhh, Sorry fell asleep after the second sentence. What we need is anti corruption in Thailand, and the end of the mafia.

Look mate,

I dont know who the hell you are,and what you do. But you seem to know more about this than the Police. Yes I am linking the photos of him to the case

as he looks to me to be as high as a kite sitting on to of the deep freeze,and before you say anything,yes I would say it to his face,and I would not need a garden

Hoe to protect myself

Now I sugest you get your ass and go down to that shitty little island,and do your Arthur Conan Doyle stuff there,and stop picking OK The guy is up to his ears in it Period

I think you missed the point...he was joking around when those pic's were taken

Here's a more 'normal' one

McAnna_zpsd1bcf08e.jpg

This is too depressing. The groundwork has been laid for no arrest, no convictions and no resolution to this crime.

I think the diversionary tactics of announcing imminent arrests, and then releasing those suspects on the basis of "DNA tests" which could not possibly have been done in the time stated, followed by a "hunt" for a suspect who is the son of the village headman, (whose son could be cleared or implicated unambiguously right now simply by DNA testing the village headman, who is available, and comparing that profile to that found on the victim) serve to delay the investigation to the point where western press interest will disappear.

I'm fearing, but hoping otherwise, that with a few more useful days' delay the son will be cleared, also without genuine DNA testing, having been miraculously "found" at his University in Bangkok, where everyone knew he was all along. And then there will then be the suggestion of possible suspects who were Burmese visitors on a boat, who have escaped and can't be traced. And then a long gap, and then, forgotten...

All I can surmise from this is that Thailand doesn't deserve a democracy. They've not shed a drop of blood in its pursuit and have no concept of its meaning.

Relatives of those who died in 1992 might disagree.

does democracy exist.......anywhere?
I believe it does exist in many countries. Few if any have a pure democracy though. I live in the States and we have a democracy, but one that is controlled and manipulated by those with the resources to do so. Would a pure democracy, in this world, eventually produce communism? I think it might, when the 'have nots' outnumber the 'haves' and vote according to their desire. I am a capitalist to the bone, one of the 'haves' and able to travel the world, seeing interesting places like Thailand. I don't want the 'have nots' in my democratic country to eventually curtail my success by voting us into communism. The 'haves' in Thailand attempt to 'reset' democracy every so often with a coup, because they haven't mastered the manipulation of it like 'democratic' countries in the 'west'.

Would be interested to read your take on the subject.

Edited by xray

I agree with your sentiment, however what you are saying is that it's okay for ignorant (of the facts) people to cloud all the real facts with a mountain of spiteful garbage and wild theories? One liner quips and attacks to satisfy their hubris?

Is this not what everyone is blaming the police for?

Just google this - Koh Tao murders - a tasteless joke by island disc jockeys. Those guys are not worried at all. They' seem to be taking the piss. The party goes on.

Human nature, they have come to party, other people's suffering doesn't register.

WH Auden summed it up perfectly

About suffering they were never wrong,

The Old Masters; how well, they understood

Its human position; how it takes place

While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;

How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting

For the miraculous birth, there always must be

Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating

On a pond at the edge of the wood:

They never forgot

That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course

Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot

Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse

Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away

Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may

Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,

But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone

As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green

Water; and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen

Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,

had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.

Just google this - Koh Tao murders - a tasteless joke by island disc jockeys. Those guys are not worried at all. They' seem to be taking the piss. The party goes on.

Unbelievable.

I wish i was more social media/internet savvy, i would spend a large amount of my time making people aware of how these people are treating this with such contempt, hopefully then people would avoid such a lawless place and hit them where it hurts.

The deaths of these two young people who were just graduating from university has shook the whole world. Thailand is known for it's beaches,Leonardo de Caprio made Thailand famous with the movie 'The Beach'. Tourism has been shook also by these tragic murders. Nine days on and still no culprits have been charged with the murders. With tourist numbers dwindling in an already slow tourist year due to political protests earlier in the year, what will the new PM do to calm tourists fears?

Before the coup in Thailand wasn't the member of Parliament of Surat Thani Suthep Thausauban? If so he is a politician like the village chief on Ko Tao, can Suthep help in this case by asking for complete transparency and unbiased opinion in this murder investigation of Hannah and David?

That would be like asking the fox for help counting the chickens!!

If the guys on Koh Tao are mafia, Suthep is the Godfather.

Try to goggle Suthep+corruption in the same searh!

Unbelievable.

I wish i was more social media/internet savvy, i would spend a large amount of my time making people aware of how these people are treating this with such contempt, hopefully then people would avoid such a lawless place and hit them where it hurts.

http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/wN6lJBVMKcvimgfzdeJgmw/9doUTvXR763FNj8CIGLpYgpQ/m11RIKWfL08922Eewj3hTxDA

So this arrived in my inbox this afternoon with the link regarding LATEST- update on the latest twist on the Koh Tao murders. The link has been blocked for me even up until now. OR if it connects, it s directed to the story above on jet skis or the story below on tattoos. Possibly my connection but wondered if anyone else has experienced such difficulties with this particular story ?

i WAS IN Pattaya during 9/11 and remember the scores of laughing locals watching video footage of people jumping to their deaths from the burning towers.

I was also on train in Samui when a backpacker had a very bad accident on a train and fell to his death, the glee on the faces of some of the travellers as they rushed to get a look was disgusting, several laughing out loud as they spoke on the phones to their mates, or whoever they felt the need to call and gleefully discuss it with.

Maybe its upbringing, who knows but to us in the west they are a cold hearted lot, the smiles are false, its all about the $$$$$$$.

http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/wN6lJBVMKcvimgfzdeJgmw/9doUTvXR763FNj8CIGLpYgpQ/m11RIKWfL08922Eewj3hTxDA

So this arrived in my inbox this afternoon with the link regarding LATEST- update on the latest twist on the Koh Tao murders. The link has been blocked for me even up until now. OR if it connects, it s directed to the story above on jet skis or the story below on tattoos. Possibly my connection but wondered if anyone else has experienced such difficulties with this particular story ?

Yeah had the same prob on my phone...but on the laptop it's an advert for the privilege card

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!

Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

• Visa type: PE
  • Visa validity: 5 years
  • Length of stay: 1 year per entry
  • Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.
  • Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine

i WAS IN Pattaya during 9/11 and remember the scores of laughing locals watching video footage of people jumping to their deaths from the burning towers.

I was also on train in Samui when a backpacker had a very bad accident on a train and fell to his death, the glee on the faces of some of the travellers as they rushed to get a look was disgusting, several laughing out loud as they spoke on the phones to their mates, or whoever they felt the need to call and gleefully discuss it with.

Maybe its upbringing, who knows but to us in the west they are a cold hearted lot, the smiles are false, its all about the $$$$$$$.

In battle soldiers sometimes laugh before they go into a deadly situation. Maybe that is also true here. I find most Thai people to be very shy and if they see a dead body maybe its such a shock they laugh like a soldier entering no mans land.

Unbelievable.

Blocked for me too mate..

I agree with much of your post but in regards decent salaries for the police, i think that would have little effect,

Looking deeper the RTP attracted the criminal element and still does, You could pay them 50k pm and they would still do the same.

<p>

http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/wN6lJBVMKcvimgfzdeJgmw/9doUTvXR763FNj8CIGLpYgpQ/m11RIKWfL08922Eewj3hTxDASo this arrived in my inbox this afternoon with the link regarding LATEST- update on the latest twist on the Koh Tao murders. The link has been blocked for me even up until now. OR if it connects, it s directed to the story above on jet skis or the story below on tattoos. Possibly my connection but wondered if anyone else has experienced such difficulties with this particular story ?

Yeah had the same prob on my phone...but on the laptop it's an advert for the privilege card THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.
  • Visa type: PE
  • Visa validity: 5 years
  • Length of stay: 1 year per entry
  • Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.
  • Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine

Yes I have that seperately. But the yellow highlight indications the latest twist in the case

I believe seriously to be blocked. As I have no issues clicking on anything else in that newsletter or any other newsletter.

Unbelievable.

Blocked for me too mate..

Odd ! So there s a twist that we are unaware of then by the looks of it....

In battle soldiers sometimes laugh before they go into a deadly situation. Maybe that is also true here. I find most Thai people to be very shy and if they see a dead body maybe its such a shock they laugh like a soldier entering no mans land.

Mayne people still laugh about 9/11 to this day. I have spoken with many Americas who scoff at the day. Personally 3,000 lives for over half a million isn't really comparable

I really didn't think this could get any worse:

That is simply depraved. The deliberate callous cruelty of that notice gives an insight into the true nature of those people involved with that bar.

Then it's compounded by their statement in the comments directly in response.

It illustrates such an enormous lack of empathy and bottomless vindictive spite.

Jai damm mak!